ARAM Variations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beravin

02-24-2013

I enjoy ARAM PG too much to worry about all the variations. While having an all *insert item here* can be fun, it just makes it too linear for me. One of the reasons I like this mode so much is the item diversity, and this takes away from that.

However, I gotta say, having an all *insert champion here* mode would be nothing short of awesome.

Snailygoat

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
Why don't we see more things like:

All Random All Twin Ghosts
All Random All Warmogs
All Random All Rageblade
All Random All Phantom Dancers
All Random All Gunblades
All Random All Black Cleaver
That's what SR is for minus the random.

But seriously, people do try but you just get rule breakers or even more dodges if you get someone like Karthus(which is hilarious with max atk speed btw).

FDru

02-24-2013

Because real builds are more satisfying.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
Why don't we see more things like:

All Random All Twin Ghosts
All Random All Warmogs
All Random All Rageblade
All Random All Phantom Dancers
All Random All Gunblades

I think we are asking for too much with this, it's almost getting ahead of yourself, just put ARAM in a matchmaking system and then we can custom from there.

Asking for those will become a needle in a haystack, people just wanna aram. we get that then we can move on.

Zielmann

02-24-2013

Quote:
This did exist for a while. Just buff Cleaver back to what it was in the pre-season, and you can play all the All Random All Cleaver you want.

innervation

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooleanCube View Post
Because Riot has not yet implemented redundant-champions-on-same-team yet; so we can't have
I know it's a little snarky, but it's quite true. The more control you can give players over the starting rule sets in custom games (starting gold, redundant champions, item restrictions, etc) the more fun variations you will see.

The ingenuity of the masses is astounding.

Sorne

02-24-2013

There isn't really much point to stacking items in S3 either. Hardly anything fun stacks. Sure, you can get 6 hydras, but the funnest part of most items, what makes them "unique," doesn't stack anymore. This was only somewhat the case in S1/2 (6 tiamats ftw). All you are doing now is getting one unique skill and a bunch of one or two stats.

Now if we could get All Draven All Mid going.....now that would be fun.

Darkotas

02-25-2013

I can just picture all the Dravens scrambling over each other for axes, or a team of Twisted Fates having a teleport standoff. Imagine 10 Gangplank ults stacked up... Or 20 Heimer turrets

BIoody Kat

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkotas View Post
I can just picture all the Dravens scrambling over each other for axes, or a team of Twisted Fates having a teleport standoff. Imagine 10 Gangplank ults stacked up... Or 20 Heimer turrets
World War. SO... MANY... TURRETS

Flashis

02-25-2013

There's ALWAYS someone that won't follow the rules.