Things Junglers should know before ganking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leopold B Scotch

02-22-2013

Could some of you list these things. Things they should realize before doing so or knowing when to.

For example I just hate it when a jungler decides to jump in on my opponent without previous verification, ping, statement etc. Or when they don't realize the amount of health or mana I'm lacking at the moment.

Tucking Sits

02-22-2013

I agree. It's hard to know when a jungler decides to gank when they never ping or let me know what they are about to do, and when they are going to do it. Usually this puts me in a bind because they decide to dive in when I am in the worst possible position to back them up.

KnightxSScarlett

02-22-2013

People that don't see their jungler coming are the same people that complain that they get no mias. Watch the map ffs.

Dnote

02-22-2013

I jungle, a few things that make or break a gank is;
do we have it warded? if so gank is highly more likely
does the opponent have it warded? if so gank is almost not going to happen. (vision ward [not sight] and your jankle will love you)
awareness, all players in the lane being ganked need to be aware and ready to strike
positioning, let them push as far up as they will before making any aggressive acts as to scare them back.
Targeting~ everyone needs to focus the same toon.

Leopold B Scotch

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
People that don't see their jungler coming are the same people that complain that they get no mias. Watch the map ffs.
I don't mean that we don't know where you are, its just annoying when you sit in a bush or camp without a word then randomly jump in screaming LEEEERRROOOOYYYY then getting snapped in the bum by the tower

SoNE YuRI

02-25-2013

i agree that jungle is the most important role in game since it can help all three lanes. A good jungler should:
1. BUY WARD.
2. keep ganking. Sometimes a small gank will force your opponent to fall back and your teammate can farm and control the lane again. Also the minion's exp will help you reach 6 faster.
3. tell your teammates which lane you are going to gank. For example (gank bot in 1 min), so that they can be prepare and save skills for kills. And of course you have to ping which one you focus.
4. Know your champ advantage period. Early game champ such as lee sin should gank at lv 2 right after red, while other mid game champ such as ww should rush 6.
5. Record the time of all sorts of things. Buff,dragon and baron spawn time, and enemy summoner skill cd.
6. Be a leader. Jungler doesn't require much personal skill. But you need a good sense.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Gonna have to agree with this.

Also, a jungler popping their head out can make the opponent play passive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNE YuRI View Post
i agree that jungle is the most important role in game since it can help all three lanes. A good jungler should:
1. BUY WARD.
2. keep ganking. Sometimes a small gank will force your opponent to fall back and your teammate can farm and control the lane again. Also the minion's exp will help you reach 6 faster.
3. tell your teammates which lane you are going to gank. For example (gank bot in 1 min), so that they can be prepare and save skills for kills. And of course you have to ping which one you focus.
4. Know your champ advantage period. Early game champ such as lee sin should gank at lv 2 right after red, while other mid game champ such as ww should rush 6.
5. Record the time of all sorts of things. Buff,dragon and baron spawn time, and enemy summoner skill cd.
6. Be a leader. Jungler doesn't require much personal skill. But you need a good sense.
1.every has to buy wards.
2.Horrible flat out horrible advice. The jungler needs to maintain their EXP and Gold through jungle monsters
3.Yes they should
4.This has nothing to do with the jungler, it has more to do with the laners.
5.That is hard for new players
6.Jungler actually takes some of the most skill in the game when it comes to game management.

LogicalTautology

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNE YuRI View Post
Yeah, no. If I come into your lane and blow their flash and you want to know when it's coming up, you better be the one to time that ****. I don't have time or the brainpower to keep track of all the lanes.

If you do happen to time that Flash and let me know 60-90s before it comes up, then I'll be happy to come back around and gank if I have the chance before it comes up.

Snice

02-25-2013

I've played jungle a bunch and I have to say it annoys me to know end that people in lane feel the need for you to instruct them as to everything you are considering doing. If I am running toward your lane or sitting in a bush, prepare for me to gank. If I have to take the time to ping or say "go" that split second could be the difference between taking advantage of the opportunity and winning the fight, simply losing the fight, or getting completely counter-ganked. If the jungler is expected to be able to keep an eye on every lane, each lane can at least keep an eye on the lane and the immediate surrounding area.

Capt Carmine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

I think the tone you have on your post is really negative towards junglers, and you come across as the person that blames jungles for stuff, you should say things i love about my jungler, and say you love when you have a great jungler who pings and lets you know.

GD complains way too much and doesnt say what they like about their teams