Hello Dom players!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathParker

02-24-2013

So ive been playing this game 4 months or so, came over from starcraft2(used to DOTA) way back when, and im finding Dom to be my fav PvP experience by far. Way less tryhard a**holes IMO.

So a couple ?'s for the long time Dommers. here we go!

I NEVER rage at peeps, not once in my 4 months, if i was gunna rage i wouldnt play, but it does annoy me at my level (10 or 11) that nobady seems to know how to Dom. No revives, people going 3 bot, peeps thinking its better to take there bot than top, running halfway across map to get kill NOT capping the point.

Things like this, at what general Lvl should i see this change? Kinda scary when at my Exp lvl, im making the best tactical decisions, as I dont know WTF im doing. Want to play with people that will tell me where i need to be if im not there.

I chose Darius to work my way up, did this for a few reasons, i only really play Dar, Garen, and Kha good. Garen to easy to kite, at least Dar has his ax hook. And from what ive been reading the community might not like me playing Kha everygame. So any advice for builds?

TL/DR= Darius Dom builds? What Lvl do people start with the meta? revive, 4 top 1 bot ect. ?

AldrickExGladius

02-24-2013

Once you get to level 30 it should get better, it also pairs you up with people in your "skill range" which no one really knows because it's hidden from everyone so it can seem really random. In normal Dominion games I'll mostly get 3-4, maybe 5 revives on my team and I usually sit on a +20 to +30 wins vs loses ratio. Some people just don't want to use revive for whatever reason. Co-op vs AI games are horrible though, I've got over 400 wins and yet I'd be getting grouped with people that don't know how to play the game(level 5's), much less how to play Dominion(less than 20 AI wins), so I feel your pain there.

You've picked 3 good champs to play on this mode, Kha'zix can be a little overkill though. I don't play Darius so I can't tell what to build on him, but I'd imagine that Brutilizer and Last Whisper would be very good on him. Then get some kind of defensive item so you can last in fights and get your stacks on a champ before ulting.

If you ever want to play Dominion without people being stupid, add me and we can play some games. Also join the chat DominateDominion, it's full of people who prefer playing Dominion.

BeefJerkyHunter

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathParker View Post
Way less tryhard a**holes IMO.
Eh... I don't know about that...

Volandum

02-24-2013

Darius likes CDR and Armour Pen, and also needs enough bulk to go into the fight and stay in, as he can't really disengage from a teamfight (he's decent at 1v1 kiting of melees though).

So, offensive: Ionians, Brutaliser -> Ghostblade, Last Whisper, spectral lantern, (less common) Sanguine Blade, Trinity Force, Maw

Anti-kite: Randuin's, Boots of Swiftness, Zephyr

Defensive: Warden's -> Randuin's/FH, Aegis -> Bulwark, Tabi/Mercs, Thornmail, QSS

Rewenger

02-24-2013

If you want to make the strongest impact on your team by playing solo, main bottom lane. Your characters can positively affect top battles, but you won't really carry. Just look down in the forum for mega kayle bottom lane guide, read it, follow it and you may get a huge positive win/loss ratio when you reach 30.

Also good characters to carry botlane with: Heimerdinger, Malzahar, Akali, Talon, Maokai, Yorick, Ezreal (yolo swag).

IIxeenoxII

02-24-2013

When I play darius I feel that he really only needs BC for damage (due to his Arm. pen% passive), the rest build can be all tank. I love getting Bulwark on him, merc treads, I leave Frozen Mallet and Hexdrinker as situational items if there is a lot of AP I opt for odyns veil for the 10% AP dmg reduction. Randuins is always good. I run flat AD marks usually, with Movement speed quints, health per level seals, and magic resist per level glyphs. Those may not be necessary, you should be ok with just the build and smart play.

I personally do not have a problem with people playing KhaZix, he is strong, but not unbeatable. Tryharding start at higher Sim. Elos, and there are ragers every once in a while

Stralucire

02-24-2013

It won't take all the way til level 30 before people figure out the meta. I've seen people use it since the late teens on my summoner level. For the time being, when your teammates completely ignore the 4top1bot strategy, the best thing you can do is to continue to play as smart as possible. Set up ganks, join teammates for point dives, control the jungle; ping often, and communicate as much as possible. And as always, try to have fun.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewenger View Post
If you want to make the strongest impact on your team by playing solo, main bottom lane. Your characters can positively affect top battles, but you won't really carry. Just look down in the forum for mega kayle bottom lane guide, read it, follow it and you may get a huge positive win/loss ratio when you reach 30.

Also good characters to carry botlane with: Heimerdinger, Malzahar, Akali, Talon, Maokai, Yorick, Ezreal (yolo swag).
I'd like to add Elise to that list of good bot lane choices. Yes she runs into trouble when they get sick of your **** and send 2 or 3 down at you............but at that point you've basically done your job.

Koravel

02-24-2013

Join the DominionMentor chat room, there are plenty of people there who will duo queue with you and teach you the ropes that will also not rage at you regardless of what occurs.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for all the people in DD chat. It's a good resource, and most of the people in there are just fine, but a few can't dish out advice and do it constructively.

Feel free to add me in-game, I'm one of the mentors in DM, we can duo queue sometime.

I'd also grab the free voice chat program raidcall, lots of dominion players use it and it's made specifically to have the least effect on your machine, so it should be okay to run it if you have a system that can handle SC2.

Eloquid

02-25-2013

At level 11 you get matched mostly with other level 11s, so that's pretty much to expect. But let me tell you, I'm level 30 for quite some time, played 400 games on dominion (on +20-30 wins all the time - not saying this is anything huge though), but I still rarely see revive in any team, very often get raged at because I took it (why revive noob 10 minutes cd), and still see 2 people going bot or capturing mid. No rule. But it does get better with time, just very, very slowly.