Sweet, 2 LP per win. This is awesome guys

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capt Carmine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeelzeBuff View Post
LP clamping killed me

I won 9 in a row in Silver 1

lost 4

BACK TO 8 LP

THANKS
I had higher views of you man,

and although the clamping looks bad when you win alot in a row, when you lose like that you will get more LP each win because your MMR is higher, everyone should stop thinking League points equals MMR.

LP does not equal MMR, and entance to gold is now 1550 instead of 1500 because you cant get demoted to silver no matter what now. and I got to gold from silver 1 and once i hit gold i was getting 30 LP a win because i was higher MMR than a normal gold 5 player, when i got gold.

if you are getting clamped its cuz your MMR isnt high enough but as long as you win more than 50% of your games the clamping will eventually go away, just hold strong and when you get back up beelzebuff you most likely wont have any clamping since you won the 9 first and your MMR is going to be higher when you get there again

Braize

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlaxelBaenre View Post
nothing wrong with the system. winning 9 games doesn't mean you are a gold player.

/thread
Maybe not entirely. But if you are in silver 2-5 (or any other tier for that matter) you would at least be moving up the ladder for your efforts. 9 wins in a row is a pretty good feet no matter where you are on the scale, and you should be rewarded for it.

However, how can you justify that a player who has already earned his division 1, and has earned 85-90 LP in said division, should not have the chance at a promotion after winning 9 straight at that level? How do you justify only gaining 1 point per win while still losing anywhere from 4 to 10 LP per loss, and still tell that player that he doesn't deserve the chance to move up in rank?

With this current points system, and yes apparently I have to repeat this yet again, you will have to win 10 games in a row just to qualify for the promotion series. You lose one game, and you have to do it all over again. In the old elo system, going at a 10:1 ratio will net you massive progression in the rankings. With this system, you run into a brick wall as soon as you hit division 1

By your logic, nobody should ever have the opportunity to advance a tier. Which I'm sure this system is not intended to do.

Nanatsu Yoru

02-25-2013

Since you can't get demoted back to silver, they have to make sure you aren't going to just sit at the bottom of gold V permanently. System is working as intended, and people who are skilled enough to climb are doing so regardless of clamping.

Also, clamping goes away if you prove over a longer period of time that you play above your division. If you win 9 in a row and then go on a losing streak back to 0 LP, then it's keeping you in your deserved division as intended.

Edit to reply to post above me:

A 10:1 ratio could mean you carried 10 games. Or it could mean you GOT carried 10 games. In the old system, you could get a massive progression with 10 straight wins, but that was because you could also fall back down with 10 straight losses if you didn't belong there. In this system, you *can't* fall back down. So there needs to be extra measures for you to prove you belong in the next tier.

lmaonade200

02-25-2013

it is the clamping effect and really does have to do with hidden Elo, that argument isn't spent just because your ratio is okay

when i got to my first promotion series (which I lost), I had a bit over 70% win ratio, and was getting about 10-15 per game even after 80 LP, hidden Elo plays a huge role

Jetstream417

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braize View Post
Really? What kind of system is this?

I am at the top of Silver 1. Yes, just silver 1. And I have been there for well over a week now.

First off, you can throw your hidden score rating out the window in regards to LP gained. My ratio is fine. This pertains to the diminishing returns on LP gained once you hit that 80 LP mark in division 1.

Once you hit that point, you will only get anywhere from 6-2 points per win. This means you need to win at a minimum 8 games in a row in order to go to your promotion series.

So I have won my last 4 games in a row, and only have a whoppin 94 points to show for it. I will need to win at least 3 more games in a row to go to my series. Now lets say I go 2-3 in my series. I will be dropped back down in points and have to do the 2 LP per win grind all over again?

For an added bonus, you lose more LP than what you gain once you hit this mark. So all it takes is one troll game, or a bad feeder, or just simply losing fair and square to sink you.

Sorry but this is just wrong. In elo scores, you would be mid gold rating by the time you win enough to qualify for the gold promotion series.

How do you expect people to go through all that 2 LP per win garbage again should they lose their series? Heck with this system the way it is, just simply getting 100 LP should promote you due to how many wins in a row you need just to get there.
I understand your frustration, but you have to realize that Gold is the top 10% of players roughly (I'm sitting at Gold 3 and it says 5%, so don't quote me on the actual %%).

Looking at your LoLKing, you win just as many as you lose. This means you're ok. You can win, and you can lose.

This is why you're being clamped. The system looks at you and realizes you're rising in the leagues too fast, because your actual 'elo' dictates you're an average player, not top 10%.

Your ratio even puts you at dying more often than killing.

Not trying to be harsh, it's just how it is. You shouldn't be in Gold. In the old system, you wouldn't be at Gold either.

Braize

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatsu Yoru View Post
Since you can't get demoted back to silver, they have to make sure you aren't going to just sit at the bottom of gold V permanently. System is working as intended, and people who are skilled enough to climb are doing so regardless of clamping.

Also, clamping goes away if you prove over a longer period of time that you play above your division. If you win 9 in a row and then go on a losing streak back to 0 LP, then it's keeping you in your deserved division as intended.

Edit to reply to post above me:

A 10:1 ratio could mean you carried 10 games. Or it could mean you GOT carried 10 games. In the old system, you could get a massive progression with 10 straight wins, but that was because you could also fall back down with 10 straight losses if you didn't belong there. In this system, you *can't* fall back down. So there needs to be extra measures for you to prove you belong in the next tier.
Yup, and this is a very good point. Or maybe I'm at the point where I will only lose 1-2 points per game? Anyone know?

Details to follow, still truckin for now

Karp

02-25-2013

Not only awesome LP gains in our position, OP.
Check opponents on lolking, they're all in gold and above.

Braize

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream417 View Post
I understand your frustration, but you have to realize that Gold is the top 10% of players roughly (I'm sitting at Gold 3 and it says 5%, so don't quote me on the actual %%).

Looking at your LoLKing, you win just as many as you lose. This means you're ok. You can win, and you can lose.

This is why you're being clamped. The system looks at you and realizes you're rising in the leagues too fast, because your actual 'elo' dictates you're an average player, not top 10%.

Your ratio even puts you at dying more often than killing.

Not trying to be harsh, it's just how it is. You shouldn't be in Gold. In the old system, you wouldn't be at Gold either.
You are right from that perspective, I probably would not be gold just yet when you put it that way. So maybe the points will reflect +/- as i win/lose

And P.S in my ratio defense, I do play my part in the support role

Malza

02-25-2013

It is clamping, if your MMR is high you will still keep high LP gains when approaching the 100 points.

I believe I gained 16 or 17 points on the game that qualified me for diamond promotion series.

VanceStubbs

02-25-2013

you are not worthy of gold