Sweet, 2 LP per win. This is awesome guys

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Braize

02-24-2013

Really? What kind of system is this?

I am at the top of Silver 1. Yes, just silver 1. And I have been there for well over a week now.

First off, you can throw your hidden score rating out the window in regards to LP gained. My ratio is fine. This pertains to the diminishing returns on LP gained once you hit that 80 LP mark in division 1.

Once you hit that point, you will only get anywhere from 6-2 points per win. This means you need to win at a minimum 8 games in a row in order to go to your promotion series.

So I have won my last 4 games in a row, and only have a whoppin 94 points to show for it. I will need to win at least 3 more games in a row to go to my series. Now lets say I go 2-3 in my series. I will be dropped back down in points and have to do the 2 LP per win grind all over again?

For an added bonus, you lose more LP than what you gain once you hit this mark. So all it takes is one troll game, or a bad feeder, or just simply losing fair and square to sink you.

Sorry but this is just wrong. In elo scores, you would be mid gold rating by the time you win enough to qualify for the gold promotion series.

How do you expect people to go through all that 2 LP per win garbage again should they lose their series? Heck with this system the way it is, just simply getting 100 LP should promote you due to how many wins in a row you need just to get there.

PJ FlyingFallus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

clamping effect
search it and you will understand

Braize

02-24-2013

So another win, and another 2 points.

I mean I get it, you shouldn't just be promoted easily. I understand that. But 2 points per game is a little harsh. Especially considering this is only at silver tier. Should you lose a game, you will lose around 6 to 10 points.

So being generous, I'll just say you lose 6 points for a loss. Now in the info page, it says that this is a progressive ranking system, and should you break even in wins/losses, you should slowly move up.

It doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that needing to win 3 or more games for every loss is not progressing or ranking up at all. In the old elo system, you could win at a 3:1 ratio and eventually even get diamond. Yet here players stuck in this 80+ LP range cannot really move forward at all. It becomes a grind just to break even.

So here with this system, you can win at a 3:1 ratio and not move up at all simply because you are at 80+ LP Division 1. Now take a player at Gold V division and give him that same win/loss ratio. That player will be screaming up the ladder simply because of where he is.

TL: DR - I understand the system, and I do like it. But 2 points per win especially at the silver 1 level is just not enough

Ametsume

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

dude, stop worrying so much about your league. It literally has nothing to do with your skill level(elo) its just a matter of playing games until you eventually rank up.

If you have anything to worry about, worry about your elo and winrate%

WeNeverBropen

02-24-2013

Someone has to fill those brackets. May as well have a system that permanently locks players at a certain level based on their performance.

Braize

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeNeverBropen View Post
Someone has to fill those brackets. May as well have a system that permanently locks players at a certain level based on their performance.
Then what is the point of this system? By that logic, we should still be using the elo system. You make no sense at all here.

You are saying that someone who is gold 5 should be able to move up the charts (and yes he will still have many silver players in his games) while somebody who is silver division 1 with 90 LP should be permalocked in that position for winning more games than the gold player? Even with opponents of the same skill?

Sorry bud, but that has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. And yes, silver 1 plays with gold players very often. I have even been in gold/plat games, as have most eveyone in silver 1.

As I said before, the main problem is that 2 points per win is not enough.

BeelzeBuff

02-25-2013

LP clamping killed me

I won 9 in a row in Silver 1

lost 4

BACK TO 8 LP

THANKS

Braize

02-25-2013

Yeah, another win, and now at 97 points because you only get 1 LP per win. So just when I thought 8 wins in a row was going to be enough, I now need 3 more wins in a row just to get to the series considering i don't get LP screwed and get no points for a win. I don't even want to know how much a loss is going to set me back right now. But 1 loss at this level will set you back at a minimum of 4 games lol.

This is what you have to look forward to folks. Nerf division 1 clamping k ty.

Zuphlas

02-25-2013

Anybody else notice that Yegg stopped trying to defend the system on the forums? Haven't seen him around in a while. Hopefully that means he's too busy trying to fix what's wrong with it to be able to post.

JarlaxelBaenre

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuphlas View Post
Anybody else notice that Yegg stopped trying to defend the system on the forums? Haven't seen him around in a while. Hopefully that means he's too busy trying to fix what's wrong with it to be able to post.
nothing wrong with the system. winning 9 games doesn't mean you are a gold player.

/thread