Elo hell still exsists!!!!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TA Pwnzinc

02-27-2013

so im a farely new player only been playing for about 2-3 months now and i did i little bit of ranked before the rework on the ranking system and almost had silver rating. and i did experience what people called elo hell where other players would do nothing but argue and fight resulting in the other team COMPLETELY DESTROYING US. now that the rework has happened i decided to try a few matches and im still experiencing the same thing before we even enter the game people are fighting over lanes, positions, who gets to be the ADC, ect. soon after summoning in the feeding begins and i never am able to go positive in a match because once the other team gets fed there is no killing them making my KDA look TERIBAD and if looked at by others would just group me up with the other baddies without knowing why my KDA is that bad no matter how hard i try to stop the team from fighting and try to get them to group up they just dont listen, never group up and are constantly getting solo'd out. another thing is at such a low division people dont even know what they are suppose to do i enjoy playing support and i'd like to think im good at it but it is not the supports job to have the entire map warded every second of the game other players need to ward too i grab my sightstone and have my lane warded in the begining its not my job to ward mid and top yet people continue to call me noob 10 minutes into the game cuz top got ganked for not being warded. late game i keep baron and dragon warded as best i can but with we get pushed or are pushing and team fights are happening wards time out SUE ME ill ward it after im done keeping my team alive. i watch the high elo players and what a surprise not only does their support have wards but WHAT DO U KNOW OTHER PEOPLE GRAB WARDS TOO. im such a fail noob for thinking other ppl should grab wards. is there anyway to stop this please im stuck with these people and never getting out of bronze

Unbeatabledeath

02-27-2013

Do not play support lmao............................................go mid jungle to carry yourself......also eventually you will move up.....

TA Pwnzinc

02-27-2013

in addition to this post i am looking for a high elo player prefferable gold or higher (so that i am sure they know what they are talking about) to talk to and maybe mentor me a little on how to be a better player because i am the first to admit i do need to improve but being stuck with baddies all the time just secures my place in elo hell

What is Studying

02-27-2013

I suggest reviewing your past games (use LoLRecorder for this) and see where you could have done better in each situation. Self critiquing like that helps improve our gameplay tremendously.

LogicalTautology

02-27-2013

After every game that you lose, assume that you are the reason your team lost. Then think (or, preferably, look with LOLRecord) back on the game and figure out what you did to cost your team the game. After a while of doing this, you will see tremendous results.

The reason that this works is that at your level, even if you were not the reason you lost, 90% of the games could in fact have been won if you had played better. By being super critical of yourself, you will improve as a player. And, statistically speaking, 20% of your losses are your fault, so you may as well admit it to yourself.

What is Studying

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
After every game that you lose, assume that you are the reason your team lost. Then think (or, preferably, look with LOLRecord) back on the game and figure out what you did to cost your team the game. After a while of doing this, you will see tremendous results.
"I suggest reviewing your past games (use LoLRecorder for this) and see where you could have done better in each situation. Self critiquing like that helps improve our gameplay tremendously."

Sounds vaguely familiar

LogicalTautology

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by What is Studying View Post
"I suggest reviewing your past games (use LoLRecorder for this) and see where you could have done better in each situation. Self critiquing like that helps improve our gameplay tremendously."

Sounds vaguely familiar
Is there a problem with both of us giving him similar advice?

TA Pwnzinc

02-28-2013

NO FIGHTING ON MY FORUM DAMMIT LOL..... thanks for the advice i actualy was directed to youtube videos that kinda made the same point "if u improve yourself enough than u can carry yourself out regaurdless of your teamates" still looking to talk to a high elo player on what exactly i need to work on. like what are the most important things to have down to a science if i want to be a good ranked player