Why I hate playing ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Unholy

02-28-2013

Well, let me start by saying, jungle is by far my best position, and I prefer to play it 9 times out of 10, unless I'm trying to improve with a specific champion in lane.

I am not particular great at last hitting (not one of those 300 farm in a game kinda guys, it just doesn't happen for me). This hinders me a lot when my support is someone who isn't playing the role support is supposed to play and TRULY supporting me as an ADC.

For example, I just finished up a 5v5 draft game in which I pretty much got stuck in the ADC position because of being 4th pick and everything else being called first (I simply don't argue, in order to lessen tention in the team). In this game, my support was Thresh, and in 3 different lane situations, he stole the kill I had secured, while their support (Nunu) chased and killed me, or their ADC did so. This isn't the part that bothers me, if my support gets fed off their own efforts, good for them, that makes us a stronger team, but the idea is to feed your ADC, and keep them alive... As the game progressed I had 4 other situations where team-mates took secured kills out from under my feet. I stopped playing the role of ADC at that point and simply farmed out as much of the map as possible in order to try to make up for the lack of gold that I should have had from those kills. (At 15 minutes all I had was BG and BT). We did have a fed Vi who kept ranting about "Assists give gold too ya know", that is a load of ****! I didn't burn down an enemy champion for AT MOST 250 gold... and that's if the enemy had a killing spree or higher, and NO OTHER champion assisted in the kill!

From that point on in that game, I was done playing, because my team began to verbal harass, and I just don't care for that. If my team wants to work that hard to ruin the game for me, I'm going to return the favor!

*Rant Over*

So what I'm saying is, an ADC is supposed to be the most damaging champion on your team, this is why you babysit (yes, it's a pain, and not particularly fun), and feed your ADC until laning is over. It gives the ADC a huge advantage, and allows them to move past their core items, allowing them to be damaging enough to be viable in fights.. When you intentionally deny your ADC you're hurting your team by taking damage away from the largest damage dealer on your team.

So when you deny your ADC, and they are useless late game, don't complain about it, sit back and take the loss that you earned, by working towards your own personal gain, instead of working for your team.

Taiwanese

02-28-2013

AD carries generally farm for gold anyways. That's their most secure form of it.

Dalek Hal

02-28-2013

BG and BT at 15 mins isnt that far behind, unless the other adc is really fed and farmed. My best time for a rushed IE is around 10 mins and that was with great farm and 4+ kills and BG. So while its not optimal to be behind you can still farm up and stay relevant.

Also never troll a troll. Just play your best, assist your team, and try to win. If you have verbal harass or trolls then report them at the end. If you want all that stuff to stop you can't promote it by doing it yourself.

GG Unholy

02-28-2013

Dalek, it's not like I promote it but, I am not going to sit there and allow my team to push my buttons, obviously they don't care about winning if they're taking the time to troll at me, and frankly, if it's not a ranked game, I don't care, and when my team acts like a bunch of children, I'll help secure that loss that they're looking for.

Yea, the ADC should have massive farm, but I know for a fact that last hitting isn't my strong point, and when my support halters my ability to make up for that with kills, my game is just going to be horrible regardless...

LogicalTautology

02-28-2013

I'm betting that not a single one of those Thresh "kill-steals" were intentional. Not only will any good player (Support or otherwise) always do their best to damage the opponent even if they're 99% sure the ADC will get the kill, but Thresh's AAs actually do incredible damage for a Support, so it's likely that even if he wasn't trying to get the kill he underestimated his damage.

People like you are the problem with playing Support. If your Support goes 3/0/1 in the laning phase and you go 1/0/3, your response should be to thank him sincerely for carrying your useless ass through the laning phase and to start carrying your team through the teamfights. Not to whine about KS.

Dalek Hal

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoly453522 View Post
Dalek, it's not like I promote it but, I am not going to sit there and allow my team to push my buttons, obviously they don't care about winning if they're taking the time to troll at me, and frankly, if it's not a ranked game, I don't care, and when my team acts like a bunch of children, I'll help secure that loss that they're looking for.
Number one reason why this community sucks...

Its called ignore them... and practice your last hitting if your not good at it. Gold is gold no matter where it comes from. When I support if i accidentally take a kill, I apologize to my adc and you know what they say? The say no big deal i still got assist gold and now I get a bunch of free farm.

Now if your support is diving for kills and leaving you to die to the other team, obviously you don't get the free farm, but he still picked you up the assist gold. So maybe he realized he couldn't keep you alive and wanted you to get the gold?

GG Unholy

02-28-2013

Actually they were incredibly intentional. When the enemy champion is within MELEE range from a ranged adc, and they have 1 bar HP left, the support needs to stop attacking. \

It's not whining.

It sounds more like people like you are the problem, with your **** talking. Shut up and get out, your asinine opinion is unwanted.

GG Unholy

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek Hal View Post
Number one reason why this community sucks...

Its called ignore them... and practice your last hitting if your not good at it. Gold is gold no matter where it comes from. When I support if i accidentally take a kill, I apologize to my adc and you know what they say? The say no big deal i still got assist gold and now I get a bunch of free farm.

Now if your support is diving for kills and leaving you to die to the other team, obviously you don't get the free farm, but he still picked you up the assist gold. So maybe he realized he couldn't keep you alive and wanted you to get the gold?

Not the case. in cases like THAT I don't care... but it doesn't happen 3 times, and yes he was diving them...

LogicalTautology

02-28-2013

Quote:
Actually they were incredibly intentional. When the enemy champion is within MELEE range from a ranged adc, and they have 1 bar HP left, the support needs to stop attacking.
Did they have Flash up? What about Barrier, Exhaust, Heal, or Ghost?
Do they have a Fort Pot?
Did they have literally one bar left, or slightly more than one bar?
Do your AAs each do at least 100 points of damage AFTER resistances/reductions?
Does the opponent have enough burst up to kill you?
Can they force you out of lane even if you still get the kill?
Is the Jungler on the map somewhere, or could he be about to jump on you?

If the answer to all of these questions is not immediately obvious in the 0.8s or so that your Support's AA animation takes, he should be AAing the target every single time.

Quote:
It sounds more like people like you are the problem, with your **** talking. Shut up and get out, your asinine opinion is unwanted.
How am I ****talking?
How is my opinion asinine, given that it's a team game?
How should I know that my opinion is unwarranted when you posted in a public forum to invite discussion about your post?

GG Unholy

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Did they have Flash up? What about Barrier, Exhaust, Heal, or Ghost?
Do they have a Fort Pot?
Did they have literally one bar left, or slightly more than one bar?
Do your AAs each do at least 100 points of damage AFTER resistances/reductions?
Does the opponent have enough burst up to kill you?
Can they force you out of lane even if you still get the kill?
Is the Jungler on the map somewhere, or could he be about to jump on you?

If the answer to all of these questions is not immediately obvious in the 0.8s or so that your Support's AA animation takes, he should be AAing the target every single time.

How am I ****talking?
How is my opinion asinine, given that it's a team game?
How should I know that my opinion is unwarranted when you posted in a public forum to invite discussion about your post?
Your previous post WAS **** talking... or better known as flaming on a forum. and THAT is not the type of discussion that these forums are about.

Yes there are many situations where the support should be doing damage to the enemy, but not then... not three times in a row, in three separate engagements, and not intentionally. The first kill I didn't complain about, I just said "it's cool, just be more careful" on the third kill it was a problem, and I was irritated and no longer wanted to play... This is why I don't play adc, because getting denied by your own team makes the game no longer fun anymore, and you seriously don't wanna play anymore...