Grey, The Fallen Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blaze11572

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

I've been working on this champion for about a year now. I've seen some of the newer ideas that Riot has put into the game and I always tweak him a little bit to make him a bit balanced. (In my head anyway)
Anyway, feedback is appreciated. If this idea gets some good feedback, I have other ideas I've been working on as well.

Lore:
In the days before Swain's rule over the Noxian High Command, a single warrior stood out as the most loyal servant to General Darkwill, Grey. Grey was raised in the darkest of alley ways of Noxus, trained only to fight and conquer his enemies. He eventually abandoned his family and sought to become the strongest warrior in Noxus. Grey was taught to respect General Darkwill and give anything, even his life to ensure his success. With this mindset burned into Grey's mind, Grey set out to join the Noxian military. It took him years to gain the trust of Darkwill, but with time, Grey became Darkwill's most loyal warrior. Grey was never a great strategist, however what he lacked in cunning, he made up for in brutal force and strong will. This set Grey out above all the rest in becoming a great warrior of Noxus.

Darkwill's quest for power had led Grey down a dark road. His name became feared throughout Runeterra, known for death, chaos and destruction. Warriors who opposed him were lucky if they got to suffer a painless death. His blade was never painless and it never gave mercy to the weak. Grey became so powerful and willing to help Darkwill that other Noxians even began to fear him. They believed Darkwill's thirst for power and Grey's desire to become the strongest warrior could put Darkwill in rule over all of Runeterra. It was only a matter of time before a rule of Darkwill and Grey swept across the land. Even the Noxian High Command knew this had to be stopped.

Swain, Noxus' head tactician, sought to end this alliance before it became deadly. He challenged Darkwill for leadership over Noxus and had won. Grey was the only problem left to be dealt with. Swain ordered an immediate execution of Grey. If Grey were to start an uprising, Swain knew it would mean his end. Grey was chained, stripped of his armor and his blade and left to rot until his execution date. Swain consulted with the Noxian High Command and agreed although Grey was loyal to Darkwill, he should be honored for all he had done for Noxus. He would be buried with his armor and blade and given a high honor for his loyalty. The date of Grey's execution came. Grey was brought in front of every citizen of Noxus and asked if he had any final words. Grey simply cursed Swain's name as Draven's axe was brought down upon his neck. Grey's body was brought to its final resting place. Noxian warriors who fought alongside Grey were given a chance to say a few final words for the warrior. While they spoke, Grey was also speaking. He signed a contract with Death himself that Grey will live with the sole stipulation as "Others will die." Death granted him hellish powers, enabling him to cast fire at will, absorb souls with his blade and feast upon the weak. As the funeral neared its end, Grey's rage brought him back to life. He flew from his casket and in one sweep of his blade, absorbed the souls and power of his fellow warriors. Swain was appalled at the neews of Grey's newfound life. Swain was even more horrified at the fact that Grey had escaped...

"Noxus has lost a warrior, and Runeterra has gained a monster." -Urgot

Grey is a bruiser, melee jungler who can be played in a lot of different roles and a lot of different positions. To put it in perspective, I wanted to design a champion sort of like Sion, a champion you can play AD, AP, Jungler, Top Lane or even Support.

Champion Name: Grey, The Fallen Warrior

Base Stats: (Still needs work. Not sure on how much he should gain per level.)
Health: 520
Mana: N/A
Ability Power: 0
Attack: 52
Movement Speed: 320
Armor: 20
Magic Resist: 30
Range: 125
Critical Rate: 0%
Life steal: 0%

Abilities:
Passive:
Fury of the Grave:
Grey starts with 100 Max Fury.
Grey gains 5 fury with each auto attack and 5 fury each time he activates an ability. Every champion kill grants Grey 50 fury. Fury depletes after five seconds of not being in battle.
At 100 Fury: Grey gains 5% Armor Penetration and Magic Penetration.
At 200 Fury: Grey's abilities change and consume Fury for extra bonus effects.
If Grey drops below 100 Fury, his abilities return to normal.

Ability [Q]: Soul Slash
Cost: No Cost
Range: 145
Effect: N/A Duration: N/A
Cooldown: 3 Seconds
Description:

Grey's next auto attack slices all enemies in front of him dealing bonus physical damage to each enemy hit.

Bonus Damage: 10 > 25 > 50 > 100 > 150
Bonus Attack Damage Ratio: 15%

Ability [Q]: (Fury of the Grave) Soul Slicer
Cost: 20 Fury
Range: 145
Effect: N/A * Duration: *N/A
Cooldown: 3 Seconds
Description:

Grey's next auto attack marks targets with a Mark of Consumption.
If this ability hits targets that are marked with a Mark of Consumption, Soul Slicer will consume an extra 10 fury to deal bonus magic damage to enemies.

Bonus Magic Damage: 20 > 40 > 70 > 100 > 130
Bonus Ability Power Ratio: 20%

Ability [W]: Consume
Range: 155
Cooldown: 30 Seconds
Description:

Grey deals a small amount of true damage to enemy minion or champion.

Cooldown: 30 > 28 > 26 > 24 > 22
True Damage (Minions): 80 > 120 > 200 > 350 > 500
True Damage (Champions): 50 > 90 > 140 > 170 > 200
Ability Power Ratio (Minions): 70%
Ability Power Ratio (Champions): 50%

Ability [W]: (Fury of the Grave) Soul Bindd
Cost: 100 Fury
Range: 160
Cooldown: 30 Seconds
Description:

Grey consumes target minion or enemy champion dealing true damage. If the consumed target was killed, Grey gains a stack of Chain of Souls. Each stack grants Grey bonus attack damage and armor. Half of Grey's stacks are lost upon death. (Not sure about maximum amount of stacks yet)

Cooldown: 30 > 29 > 28 > 27 > 25
True Damage (Minions): 100 > 200 > 300 > 400 > 500
True Damage (Champions): 100 > 160 > 200 > 240 > 270
Stack Bonus Attack Damage: 10 per Stack
Stack Bonus Armor: 10 per Stack

Ability [E]: Flame of the Undead
Range: 600
Effect: Slow* Duration: 2 seconds
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Description:

Grey fires a flame at target enemy champion, dealing magic damage and slowing the target briefly.

Magic Damage: 60 > 90 > 120 > 140 > 170
Slow Percentage: 10% > 20% > 30% > 40% > 50%
AP Ratio: 75%

Ability [E]: (Fury of the Grave) Hellfire
Cost: 80 Fury
Range: 680
Effect: Stun * Duration: *2 seconds
Cooldown: 10 Seconds
Description:

Grey's Flame has increased range, higher AP ratio and stuns the target instead of slowing it.

Magic Damage: 100 > 150 > 200 > 250 > 300
AP Ratio: 100%

Ability [R]: Beyond Death
Range: Self Cast
Effect: Damage Reduction * Duration: *3 seconds
Cooldown: 120 Seconds
Description:

Passive: Grey permanently gains 100 max fury.

For 3 seconds, Grey takes 40% less damage and gains 50 fury.

Cooldown: 120 > 90 > 60
Damage Reduction: 40% > 50% > 60%

Ability [Q]: (Fury of the Grave) Portal to Death
Cost: 150 Fury
Range: 550
Effect: Teleport * Duration: *N/A
Cooldown: 120 Seconds
Description:

Grey teleports to target location. (550 range)

Don't really have many ideas for quotes yet, I did think of a taunt and joke.

Taunt: You will taste my vengeance...

Joke: Don't feed! My blade consumes enough for the two of us!

Dance: Honestly, I think it would be hilarious for him to do the skeleton dance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e54m6XOpRgU
He'll start dancing, pointing to his body parts and start shaking his hands in really awkward motions.

That's it. I tried to balance his fury costs along with the damage and utility he brings to teamfights. His teleport would return his abilities to normal meaning he would not be able to stun right away until he commited to a team fight and built up his fury. I tried to make him a champion kind of like Sion. You can play him AP, AD, Jungler or Top Lane.

I also have a few pictures I drew for concept art for him but I'd have to find them in my old High School notebooks.

Like I said I'm open to ideas and feedback. Thanks.

DryRun

02-25-2013

Good start man, good start. Head over to the council thread and check out the concept guide in respect to layout. A good layout really helps people reading the post. I wont review your champion yet - i will just say that i think your close to something good, but i think you need to think about your champions role, how his kit helps him fulfill that role in respect to helping a team. Its good, keep going. Finish the lore, organize the post (its not bad, just not great).
A few questions
Why Fury?
Why true damage on W?
Any cap on those stacks?
Why does he use fire in his E? (theme wise?)
His teleport would be a good way in, but he needs enough fury to use it, so its only up later in the fight, so is it his way to disengage?

blaze11572

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryRun View Post
Good start man, good start. Head over to the council thread and check out the concept guide in respect to layout. A good layout really helps people reading the post. I wont review your champion yet - i will just say that i think your close to something good, but i think you need to think about your champions role, how his kit helps him fulfill that role in respect to helping a team. Its good, keep going. Finish the lore, organize the post (its not bad, just not great).
A few questions
Why Fury?
Why true damage on W?
Any cap on those stacks?
Why does he use fire in his E? (theme wise?)
His teleport would be a good way in, but he needs enough fury to use it, so its only up later in the fight, so is it his way to disengage?

Fury mainly just because of his lore. His fury and rage drove him to continue living beyond death.
I don't really know. I was kind of going for a Cho ult kind of thing also because of his lore. I guess it could deal any type of damage really, but if it dealt physical or magic damage I think the cooldowns would have to be messed with a little bit. I specifically made the cooldowns long because it was true damage.
Didn't really think of a good cap for it. Wasn't sure how the rest of his abilities would work along with his stacks. I was thinking around 5 or so. Not entirely sure.
Fire is explained in his full lore which I didn't post. He kind of just went to whatever Riot's version of hell is, signed a blood contract to return for vengeance and uses the flaming tortured souls of his fellow warriors sent to hell to fight.

As for his disengage, my idea here was to create sort of like a sion/darius kind of champion. Sort of an all in champion, go in, kill or be killed. His other ultimate where he takes percentage less damage would be a good way to both engage and leave a fight.
I guess disengages would be left up to the player with item builds and summoner spells.

Piratedcopy

02-25-2013

I mean, it is stated on the wikia, bones are not shown in China. They do not allow it. It might a problem...like karthus, they covered up his face, but how od u voer up a body?

blaze11572

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratedcopy View Post
I mean, it is stated on the wikia, bones are not shown in China. They do not allow it. It might a problem...like karthus, they covered up his face, but how od u voer up a body?
I originally planned on tossing armor on him.
I wanted some of his skins to also include more, unique armor along with possibly a helmet, so I mean if his original skin uses a helmet I suppose some of the issues could be avoided in that respect.