Toxic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cukshaik

02-24-2013

Why are the people who play this game obsessed with reporting other people? When did gaming become about what you said instead of how you play? When did words become louder than actions?

All I'm saying is, stop reporting other people for typing. There is a mute feature for a reason. The fact is, most people who report others also partake in arguments and are 100% as guilty as the party who gets reported.

Why are people getting their accounts banned because they typed on a keyboard? Doesn't this game have a language filter as well?

I personally only report people who afk, as I know that it is human nature to go through said emotion. I feel that people who report others for words that are typed are truly hypocritical and always will be. Of course nothing will change, and people will read this and then go report someone after arguing with them in a match for twenty minutes, and only one of them will get banned.

Cukshaik

02-24-2013

Also, people should be banned for constantly leaving matches during champion select. Not typing words, which everyone does.

Morbius2271

02-24-2013

This is a team game, and communication with your teammates is vital. Sure you can mute everyone who you find toxic, but I rather have players that aren't toxic in the first place so that I can communicate with my team and enjoy the game. Reporting and punishments, like banning, are how you encourage toxic player to stop being toxic, allowing for all 5 teammates to talk together and enjoy the game instead of having to mute each other.

LogicalTautology

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cukshaik View Post
All I'm saying is, stop reporting other people for typing. There is a mute feature for a reason.
That reason is so that I don't have to hear your abuse for another 20 minutes if we're in a game. Not so that you're allowed to abuse people at will and if they don't like it they can ignore you.

Cukshaik

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
That reason is so that I don't have to hear your abuse for another 20 minutes if we're in a game. Not so that you're allowed to abuse people at will and if they don't like it they can ignore you.
This all depends on your opinion of what abuse is, obviously. You may think text is abuse, while I may think wasting my time is abuse.

LogicalTautology

02-24-2013

Quote:
This all depends on your opinion of what abuse is, obviously. You may think text is abuse, while I may think wasting my time is abuse.
In that case, we default to the terms you agreed to when you signed up for this game. My definition of abuse is valid, yours is not.

Morbius2271

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
In that case, we default to the terms you agreed to when you signed up for this game. My definition of abuse is valid, yours is not.
He's got you there. The Summoner's Code clearly states that verbal abuse is indeed abuse. You are free to not report those players though and simply /mute them if that is your wish, but people who verbally abuse, which includes typing, can and should be reported.

Cukshaik

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius2271 View Post
He's got you there. The Summoner's Code clearly states that verbal abuse is indeed abuse. You are free to not report those players though and simply /mute them if that is your wish, but people who verbally abuse, which includes typing, can and should be reported.
An opinion is an opinion. Wasting someone's time is worse than typing words, especially when both people are probably typing words.

LogicalTautology

02-24-2013

Quote:
An opinion is an opinion. Wasting someone's time is worse than typing words, especially when both people are probably typing words.
It's not an opinion: it's the rules that you agreed to live by. I could explain in detail how ignorant it is to assume that "words are just words, and don't hurt anyone", but the fact of the matter is that I don't have to. You and I both agreed to play in a community where words are considered abuse (and will be reported/punished), and being bad at the game is not.

Dotayy

02-24-2013

Quote:
IF i call you an Idiot for saying this... If you want you can ignore it. But if you report me, I can get banned because even that little insult is not tolerated by the tribunal. When you signed up saying "I agree to these termes and conditions" it was part of it. If you dont believe me go read it. Riot makes the game, Riot makes the rules. And its part of the rules. Deal with it.