Red Pots in top lane at level 1 are nasty!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

02-24-2013

I did this as Riven. I grabbed a red pot and some HP pots, leashed blue, then walked up to lane. I found Renekton waiting for me in the river brush, with a Doran's Blade no less, on my way up and I popped the pot immediately. Three Qs, four auto attacks, two flashes, and an ignite later, I had first blood at level 1 EASY. It's brutal.

Brutal.. and I'm so glad very few people do it, especially on champions with AD scaling abilities. I would seriously hate top if every other person brought a fort pot to lane at level 1.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McFace

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
I did this as Riven. I grabbed a red pot and some HP pots, leashed blue, then walked up to lane. I found Renekton waiting for me in the river brush, with a Doran's Blade no less, on my way up and I popped the pot immediately. Three Qs, four auto attacks, two flashes, and an ignite later, I had first blood at level 1 EASY. It's brutal.

Brutal.. and I'm so glad very few people do it, especially on champions with AD scaling abilities. I would seriously hate top if every other person brought a fort pot to lane at level 1.
This is a good strategy, the problem is that if you don;t get a kill or force them out of lane early it's a waste of gold.

But if you are going to be super aggressive then why not?