Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Red Pots in top lane at level 1 are nasty!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

02-24-2013

I did this as Riven. I grabbed a red pot and some HP pots, leashed blue, then walked up to lane. I found Renekton waiting for me in the river brush, with a Doran's Blade no less, on my way up and I popped the pot immediately. Three Qs, four auto attacks, two flashes, and an ignite later, I had first blood at level 1 EASY. It's brutal.

Brutal.. and I'm so glad very few people do it, especially on champions with AD scaling abilities. I would seriously hate top if every other person brought a fort pot to lane at level 1.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McFace

02-24-2013

Quote:
Snipawolfe:
I did this as Riven. I grabbed a red pot and some HP pots, leashed blue, then walked up to lane. I found Renekton waiting for me in the river brush, with a Doran's Blade no less, on my way up and I popped the pot immediately. Three Qs, four auto attacks, two flashes, and an ignite later, I had first blood at level 1 EASY. It's brutal.

Brutal.. and I'm so glad very few people do it, especially on champions with AD scaling abilities. I would seriously hate top if every other person brought a fort pot to lane at level 1.

This is a good strategy, the problem is that if you don;t get a kill or force them out of lane early it's a waste of gold.

But if you are going to be super aggressive then why not?