I have abysmal cs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Domestic Unicorn

03-11-2013

Just looking at my stats, I have very bad cs. So I'm wondering about the science of cs. Or just the how to.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34809384#history

powwder

03-11-2013

sorry if you know any of this already but some tips

1) practice. cs is all about timing, and different champions have different AA animations and speeds.
2) don't auto attack. what i mean is don;t just attack things. kick back and last hit them
3) learn how to last hit under tower.

general rule of thumb:
for melee minions let tower hit twice then you hit once. for caster minions let tower hit once then you hit once.

an exception to this is if you are really weak (level 1, or your a caster with low AD damage) then you have to add a hit to each of those. for example hit a caster minion once, let tower hit, then you hit again to finish it off.

4) you have a lot of kills in some short games which tells me you are really agressive in lane or you roam a lot, if you roam too much you can miss cs because the minions can be pushed to your tower. this can also happen if you go back to base at thee wrong time.

again a general rule of thumb is don;t roam or go back to base until you pushed the minion wave to their turret.

Domestic Unicorn

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by powwder View Post
sorry if you know any of this already but some tips

1) practice. cs is all about timing, and different champions have different AA animations and speeds.
2) don't auto attack. what i mean is don;t just attack things. kick back and last hit them
3) learn how to last hit under tower.

general rule of thumb:
for melee minions let tower hit twice then you hit once. for caster minions let tower hit once then you hit once.

an exception to this is if you are really weak (level 1, or your a caster with low AD damage) then you have to add a hit to each of those. for example hit a caster minion once, let tower hit, then you hit again to finish it off.

4) you have a lot of kills in some short games which tells me you are really agressive in lane or you roam a lot, if you roam too much you can miss cs because the minions can be pushed to your tower. this can also happen if you go back to base at thee wrong time.

again a general rule of thumb is don;t roam or go back to base until you pushed the minion wave to their turret.
Thank you, did not know about the melee minion and caster minion turret counts, ty. Yeah I do roam sometimes, which has led me to lose my turret in most of my losses. Sometimes, when I get ahead by a few kills, I get careless and start helping losing or stalemate lanes. It's more of a bad habit. Thank you tho, it's not exactly easy to get help from random teammates or the lovely chatrooms in game. XD

Dpaladinx

03-11-2013

Also, your choice of champion should be a factor into this as well. You seem to be going with Ezreal for your adc, who has a much higher learning curve than most other adcs (in other words, he's ****ing difficult). I've played Ezreal a bit and have a bit difficult time to last hit with him. I suggest playing adcs that have good pushing power or have special quirks that gives an effect when u kill an enemy unit (Ashe, Tristana, and Caitlyn comes into mind). Champions that are good pushers also good on improving cs (Ziggs, Mordekaiser, and Morgana), but pushing your lane too hard can punish you to be more vulnerable to ganks.

RQDoga

03-11-2013

I see you also use Jayce and nidalee, remember if you need to (In a pinch) You can switch from hammer to gun, or gun to hammer in order to add extra damage to last hit the large minions. Using an occasional skill from time to time in order to also farm up more then one at a time.

Demither

03-11-2013

Later in the game, remember that you can use your abilities to CS too. I only mention this because I've noticed you play as Syndra - with her W and her Q, she can decimate entire minion waves very easily, which allows for easy roaming (Though as already noted, you shouldn't roam all too much because of the CS you'll be missing).

Sometimes, it's a good idea to just set up a custom game involving just you and a lot of minions to practice last-hitting them, so you get used to the attack animations and speeds of certain champions.

Another tip is to notice how many minions are attacking the one you want to last-hit; if there's only one, you'll have a much easier time last-hitting it than if your whole wave is attacking it, in which case the timing needs to be... well, timed better.

When I first started playing and my CS was bad (Still arguably is, but I'm content with it!), I noted how much damage I did with each attack and just clicked the minion I was attacking, watched its health bar, and attacked as soon as it got low enough. I know that's not exactly ideal in a PvP situation, but generally speaking, CS is what you want to be going for, so it's a good way to start.

Hopefully some of those were useful; but the best thing I can suggest is practice. Try setting up a custom game. It really could help.

Azellos

03-11-2013

Roaming is actually a good thing to do, just make sure to do it well!

What you want to do is usually first check where the lane is warded. For example, if your top lane is against a Teemo, you can expect it to be shroomed all over- if your top isn't doing his fair share and out-pinking Teemo, then you probably dont want to risk ganking.

But if your ganking a bot lane that's pushed with no wards, what you do is you use your abities to push (shove) out mid lane, then make your way bot before the next wave comes. This way, you'll still miss a wave or two, but you minimize the damage while still getting kills for you/bot lane.

flduckhunter73

03-11-2013

If you are using default key bindings S is the stop auto attack button. Use stop auto attack to let the minions get low and then just get the last hit on them. Farming is probably one of the most important parts of this game. Thats why I build my game around getting more gold and levels on my opponent rather than getting kills. I find most games I play in are won at level 18 anyways. I typically have a very passive early game unless the enemy laner is just bad. I usually turn in to an absolute beast late game though just because of strategy. Try this out.

1)Take flash and teleport as summoner spells.

2)Start with boots and 2 health bots and 1 mana pot. Use your low mana cost abilities to get last hits in conjunction with well timed auto attacks. Use auto attacks to get the easy last hits. If there is a quickly dieing minion or you aren't confident in getting the last hit, use an ability instead. Thats why you get the mana pot!

3) Play very passively until at least level 6. I more or less ignore the enemy laner and circle around the minion wave (away from them) and just farm until level 6. If they charge you wait until they come into your minions and then engage them with your full combo. Early game minions do a pretty significant amount of damage. If they engage you while standing in your minion wave they will get creamed in the trade.

4) I usually run out of mana and have a nice chunk of gold from farming somewhere between 6-8. Try to have an item targeted for your first back that costs between somewhere between 800-1550 gold. Make that your goal item to get on first back. Get that items and use your first TELEPORT cooldown to come back to lane almost instantly. You will come back to lane with an ultimate, and significant item advantage over the enemy laner.

5) Continue to farm but now use your extra stats from the extra item to your advantage. Play like a bully zone hard, poke and harass, if they do something stupid go hard in the paint and try to get a kill or force them out of lane.

What you do after that is up to you but I play this way in a great majority of my games and I typically crush my laning opponents by using this recipe. If you are beating up your lane opponents then it typically makes continued farm even easier to get.

I will leave you with one last note. Try to farm on the way to things. If you are on your way to dragon clear wraiths on the way, trying to gank an unsuspecting enemy in the bottom lane but have to wait for your teammates for 10 more seconds? Clear golems while you wait. Last hitting is only half of farming. Baking farm into the rest of your in game actions is where you really start to see your CS go up.