Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Health meta..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemur Bear

02-24-2013

Alright, I'm no pro, but I do consider my self a decent player. I just wanted to ask if people had any tips on beating this new health meta. I payed attention to the patch updates and I don't understand how health became the new meta. I can't play kennen top lane because he no longer does enough damage to kill a warmogs rush strat. Not only kennen but a lot of top lane champs that were okay in S2 really aren't viable in S3. Jarvan can get BC then proceed to tank himself out and destroy everything. Or just straight up rush Warmogs. I do not believe the champs are the problem (I do not believe Olaf deserved the nerf), however I do think that these heath strategies are a bit much. Any tips?

Sephrinx

02-24-2013

Health is over powered and too easy to acquire. If I want, I can get warmogs about 7 minutes into the game, and then I just **** all over the enemy team. I'll dive repeatedly, get kills, and roam. It is stupid. It is unfun.

I am tired of seeing people just stack health. It has got to stop. I know these was NOT an intent of the design. It needs to change.

FreshFuhrer

02-24-2013

This wasn't useful in the past because one or two people on your team could just build a Madreds and be done with it. BoRK doesn't produce enough damage to be an effective counter to health cheesing, which is also why top laners (Garen in particular) are in a really good spot right now. Liandry's or however you spell it isn't efficient enough because its a dot-tick and requires spells to be cast. Bruisers can do whatever they want without much consequence. It sucks.

Tegakari

02-24-2013

Tanky ap bruiser/casters win games. Just depends on which is better. Forget the ADC. Build warmogs and liandry's and you're good to go.

ROKAF JE

02-24-2013

Quote:
FreshFuhrer:
This wasn't useful in the past because one or two people on your team could just build a Madreds and be done with it. BoRK doesn't produce enough damage to be an effective counter to health cheesing, which is also why top laners (Garen in particular) are in a really good spot right now. Liandry's or however you spell it isn't efficient enough because its a dot-tick and requires spells to be cast. Bruisers can do whatever they want without much consequence. It sucks.

BotRK will almost always give you more damage and life steal than bloodthirster, and it has synergy with armor penetration to keep it's damage consistent.

If you think madness would kill a tank with force of nature, you're on drugs.
It was 3800 for MAGIC DAMAGE.
Those who build attack speed do not typically build magic pen. Madness was a terrible item that cost half of your gold for the entire game in a typical situation.
Riot even posted it was a noob trap, MR was cutting its damage in half or more.
It was an ideal item for BRUISERS to kill anyone who didn't build MR very quickly.

People tend to forget warmogs used to be better, you also got force of nature AND a similar spirit visage.
Health isn't new, nobody builds to counter it because they think botrk and liandrys suck. Play Swain with liandry or kog with botrk and tell us how OP health is then.
Normal blind pick shouldn't influence health being OP either, because you can't see what you need to play as a counter.

Tegakari

02-24-2013

Quote:
ROKAF JE:
BotRK will almost always give you more damage and life steal than bloodthirster, and it has synergy with armor penetration.

If you think madness would kill a tank with force of nature, you're on drugs.
It was 3800 for MAGIC DAMAGE.
Those who build attack speed do not typically build magic pen. Madness was a terrible item that cost half of your gold for the entire game in a typical situation.
Riot even posted it was a noob trap, MR was cutting its damage in half or more.
It was an ideal item for BRUISERS to kill anyone who didn't build MR very quickly.

People tend to forget warmogs used to be better, you also got force of nature AND a similar spirit visage.
Health isn't new, nobody builds to counter it because they think botrk and liandrys suck. Play Swain with liandry or kog with botrk and tell us how OP health is then.
Normal blind pick shouldn't influence health being OP either, because you can't see what you need to play as a counter.

mfw you aren't just countering health, you're countering health + liandry's with liandry's.

mfw you are countering tanky ap like nunu or chogath instead of countering apc or adc.

FreshFuhrer

02-24-2013

Quote:
ROKAF JE:

You shouldn't have to pick a champion to counter a stat. You should pick a champion to counter another champion.

ROKAF JE

02-24-2013

Quote:
Tegakari:
mfw you aren't just countering health, you're countering health + liandry's with liandry's.

mfw you are countering tanky ap like nunu or chogath instead of countering apc or adc.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.
If you're going to lose because of a Cho running wild and you didn't build against it, who's fault is that?

Quote:
FreshFuhrer:
You shouldn't have to pick a champion to counter a stat. You should pick a champion to counter another champion.

Galio and Malphite are prime examples of why this is incorrect. You don't need to pick champions to counter stats, but it helps. That's why item counters exist.
Every champion in the game should build a minimum of one defensive item - should that not be countered?

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/28752152#history
16-2-8 Kog with BotRK
What were you saying?

Bludude12

Recruiter

02-24-2013

You would be surprised how much Landrys does.

LoudFootSteps

02-24-2013

I only seem to have a problem with Randuin's because that attack speed slow is overpowered as hell. Same with Frozen Heart.