apc's in 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Hatty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

So recently i started playing a bit more 3v3 and i remembered in the last meta were just not worthit but now with the new item's, which ones thrive the best in 3v3?
For the ones who don't know what i'm talking about there are them.
Black Fire Torch
+80 ability power
+250 health
Passive Unique: +20% cooldown reduction
Unique - Eyes of Pain: +15 magic penetration
Unique: Your spells burn for an additional 3.5% of the target champion's maximum health in magic damage over 2 seconds. Each second burned consumes a charge. Up to 18 charges are generated when not in use.
Menu Defense > Health
Magic > Ability Power
Magic > Cooldown Reduction
Item cost 3770g (700g)
Sell value 2639g

Sure cost on this item is absence but it's an AMAZING item. Very similar to Liandry's that caught the eye of alot of summoners in 5v5 but even stronger. This item has more ap,hp, and an extra 20% CDR. If you're a summoner that liked building cdr but doesn't like building morello's, than this is your item. Also unlike liandrys, thi sis CURRENT hp, which means it actually makes a noticable difference below 60%. Did i mention it had 20% cdr? I'm almost tempted to build it on ryze. Oh and don't forget 15 spell pen.

Next Item. Wooglets Witchcap

Advanced
Stats +100 ability power
+40 Armor
Passive Unique: +25% ability power
Active Unique: Places your champion into stasis for 2.5 seconds, rendering you invulnerable and untargetable but unable to take any actions. 90 second cooldown.

So this item is a cross between zhonyai's hourglass and Rabadon's Deatchap with a little less ap and armor. combining these two items give a huge advatange to ap champs because it allows them to almost have a 6th item (insert blackfire torch here).

REWORK TO PENATRATION. Something they changed that you cannot take advantage of As much in 5v5 is the ability to rock abysal scepter/sorc boots/(liandry's or in 3v3 case blackfire torch/ AND VOID STAFF. With the new change you can hit almost be hitting true damage on targets. You will be pushing 60 spell pen(with runes) and an 43% spell pen. So unless the target has atleast 139 mr, you're doing true damage. Considering a champ at lvl 18 with no mr items will have 24mr(mr/bylvl)+5 from masteries. 53mr from base, so total of 80 with no item you would need atleast 2 mr items to stahp the champ from doing true damage.

All these things that help ap champs, are they yet to be viable now?

scazzaf

02-24-2013

They have been for a long time now

Dark e maste

02-25-2013

Bruisers still benefit alot more from the overall changes in S3 than AP casters.
Not only was the Blackfire Torch only 2,950 gold 1 month ago, it also didn't require a fiendish codex in the recipe (initially raised its price by 1k for essentially +10AP and mp5.) and most AP items either lost AP given or went up in price, while increasing MR given from items and lowering the costs at the same time. Not too mention fiendish codex/items that build from it lost mp5 as well.
(feel free to check the patchnotes/PBE btw)

All in all, bruisers dominate even more so in TT than they do in 5v5.