Is Warwick really that bad? Or am I bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM EL DARIO

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanthrope View Post
Warwick is in a bad spot right now. Morello said he wants to buff him so...
link or it didnt happen...

The Sound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
I just build him as a straight up tank when i jungle him.

Frozen Mallet
Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi
Spirit Visage
Frozen heart
GA

are all very strong items on him.

You and I are in agreement there, those items are all on my build list. Another "complaint" I have about WW though is that, yes you need to be tanky, but his damage is so mediocre the enemy team can just ignore you in team fights (just break your suppression on the carry then get kited.)

Nexus Crawler

02-24-2013

And again every time I see this I keep wondering if people forgot about Lanewick.

That said he does needs some buffs or possibly a rework.

Colonel Fabulous

02-24-2013

Warwick actually has really fast clears and awesome sustain in the jungle. Start W and be sure to run some AS on your runes (I run AS Marks and Glyphs). His ganks, of course, suck, so he's still not a good jungler, but if you're confident in your counter jungling and counterganking, he can be made to work.

Firefang Warwick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree WW is weak. Want to fix.
There you go for those who think i'm making stuff up.

The Sound

02-24-2013

bump

Grockk

02-26-2013

Quote:
Warwick is in a bad spot right now. Morello said he wants to buff him so...
he hasn't told us when

Firefang Warwick

02-27-2013

I'm fine with waiting for him to get something. What bothers me is the lack of red post on the matter.

I want Warwick to get buffed in a way he won't get nerfed a month later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sound View Post
You and I are in agreement there, those items are all on my build list. Another "complaint" I have about WW though is that, yes you need to be tanky, but his damage is so mediocre the enemy team can just ignore you in team fights (just break your suppression on the carry then get kited.)
I've had a lot of bad luck initiating with him lately cause you get CC'd out of it instantly. Your better off peeling for your carries, since you will have frozen mallet that slow is very helpful for your team both offensively and defensive.

Arcane Azmadi

02-27-2013

Yes, he is that bad.

Warwick does ONE thing and ONE thing only that makes him worth jungling with- he rips up any fool he meets in the jungle who tries to stand and fight him head-on. That's it. This DOESN'T protect him from counterjungling because he's so slow that the enemy can run rings around him, it DOESN'T allow him to counterjungle, again because he's so slow that he can't find anything without being caught, it DOESN'T make him a good duellist because anyone he meets in the jungle can simply run from him and there's pretty much nothing he can do about it except get kited. It just means that bad players will meet him while making a poorly judged invade, assume they can take him on, try to fight him head on and simply be clawed to death. That's pretty much all he can do these days.

Dorotheus

02-27-2013

Ok... I'm gunna help you here. AD Warwick...
CDR glyphs, Arm seals, AD marks and Quints (you can replace a quint with a MS one if you really want to)

Masteries 21/9/0, you do lose your buffs early, but its ok, your overall jungle time is faster. Ignore your lanes if you can and just rocket to 6 ASAP. Warwick key is committing, when you commit to a target your passive will kick them in the teeth.
Start jung:
Machete and pots
Madred's + boots
Wriggles

Tanky items against core AP/cc teams:
Merc treads, Wits, Bulwark, GA

Tanky items against core AD:
Tabi, Zephyr, Randuins, Aegis

Damage against high HP teams:
rking

Other good items:
Shurelias, BC, BT, Warmogs, Manamune, BV, Mercuial, Ionian Boots, Berserks

End build
Wriggles/BT/rking, Boots, Attack speed, Tanky, Damage, Tanky

Mostly above all, prioritize Attack speed, you'll fall into some CDR, and build accordingly against the enemy team. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't be building Aegis/Bulwark late if you already have one, the aura isn't terribly large and when the teamfights break up, you are a walking buff for allies and if the other person with it dies, there is another one to fall back on with no other losses in auras. Warwick's build can be willed to the counter the enemy team, versatility is ridiculously high.

If you allies don't coordinate and pick on the person you ult, you're going to have a hard time. Save your ult for initiating or counter-initiating in full 5v5 it should be used to stop their damage and timed well after the enemy exhausts their cc, after your tankier allies have initiated.

Warwick is all or nothing, either start and commit or don't start. If your ult isn't up (which it should be), then already you have 25% reason not to fight. You have a suppress and are already a target because AD will take towers freely from your enemy. Thats why I love Randuins, it punishes people for attacking you.