Is Warwick really that bad? Or am I bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

I'm pretty bad I know, but Warwick just... doesn't seem that strong in all honesty. I want to like him, but his Q drains huge chunks from his mana, his sustain (mana wise)/clear time in the jungle is mediocre, his damage is mediocre, and he's really only tanky if he's fed/it's late game, as his Q is on a decently long cd until you get some cdr + items to make him tanky.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm running 9/21/0 masteries, hybrid penetration marks, armor yellows, scaling mr blues, and MS quints.

A usual build order for me is:

Madred's
Boots
Kindlegem
Giants Belt

Sunfire Cape

Go from there. What is going wrong here? Should I go warmogs instead of SFC?

Sir Come Cision

02-24-2013

You have a weird build, but the champion suffers from being made in a different era.

Other champs' passive abilities have actives to them and their boring actives have passive to them. They have lower mana costs, higher mana pools, etc.

Look at Vi, Diana, and Nid post cougar remark. All have high base health, MR scaling, mobility, shields or sustain, and very low mana costs and CDs.

WW has mediocre sustain without spamming Q, which costs a fortune of mana, a W with a stat boost and no extra benefits (even Zed's W gives him bonus AD) an E that does absolutely nothing unless someone's low, and long-ish CD on his ult.

He's not a bad champ, but others are much much better.

The Sound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Come Cision View Post
You have a weird build, but the champion suffers from being made in a different era.

Other champs' passive abilities have actives to them and their boring actives have passive to them. They have lower mana costs, higher mana pools, etc.

Look at Vi, Diana, and Nid post cougar remark. All have high base health, MR scaling, mobility, shields or sustain, and very low mana costs and CDs.

WW has mediocre sustain without spamming Q, which costs a fortune of mana, a W with a stat boost and no extra benefits (even Zed's W gives him bonus AD) an E that does absolutely nothing unless someone's low, and long-ish CD on his ult.

He's not a bad champ, but others are much much better.
What should my build be then?

Yeah I know Warwick is an old school champ, he could use a visual as well as a kit rework. That being said, is he really so hopeless that I should just play newer junglers like Hecarim?

I'm not a jungler main, but I just like playing champions that I find cool, not what's considered strong by the community. I like the idea of Warwick, and I'd like to make him work now if possible. I trust Riot and their balancing team, and if they think that WW is in a good spot... then I guess I'll keep trying different things out until I find something that works.

ZodiacsClockwork

02-24-2013

I play lots of warwick
my builds a little different but it works
I perfer him top lane honestly
Frozen fist Spirit Visage Blade of the ruin king Boots Bulwark and last item is depending
Witts end Sunfirecape or gunblade
tank wick is the real only way to play him if you try something else you just explode you will get away with it sometimes but tanky is kinda required in season 3

Caítlyn

02-24-2013

Hes really weak. Honestly just dont play him at all.

Firefang Warwick

Recruiter

02-24-2013

Warwick is in a bad spot right now. Morello said he wants to buff him so...

ZodiacsClockwork

02-24-2013

Sry forgot to post why
That build gives him the ability to chase with the frozen fist procs while giving him the mana to help him out plus the cdr is neccesary spirit visage self explantory blade of the ruin king just a good item on him the witts end is nice with his ult and the mr is a bonus with it but since season 3 i havent built it nearly as much Bulwark is just a good item idk it gives him a bit of everything Gunblade you wouldnt think of but try it and you be surprised how well it works with him
and i forgot to mention the warmogs in his build is up to you

Firefang Warwick

Recruiter

02-24-2013

I just build him as a straight up tank when i jungle him.

Frozen Mallet
Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi
Spirit Visage
Frozen heart
GA

are all very strong items on him.

Bloodmo0n

02-24-2013

I suspect that WW is the kind of champ that they can't balance right, so they try to keep him out of tournament viability.

The Sound

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinGiriko View Post
Sry forgot to post why
That build gives him the ability to chase with the frozen fist procs while giving him the mana to help him out plus the cdr is neccesary spirit visage self explantory blade of the ruin king just a good item on him the witts end is nice with his ult and the mr is a bonus with it but since season 3 i havent built it nearly as much Bulwark is just a good item idk it gives him a bit of everything Gunblade you wouldnt think of but try it and you be surprised how well it works with him
and i forgot to mention the warmogs in his build is up to you
I like BotrK, especially when it gets changed to attack speed for WW. However, as I'll be playing him in the jungle mostly (I'm a top main and I have a pretty good roster of champions there... I play Udyr top whenever I'd play WW), I guess wriggles will have to do, as junglers are generally lower on gold (especially WW with his mediocre clear time), and what gold I do get needs to go to tank items immediately.

Bulwark is something I should definitely try.

In regards to Iceborn Gauntlet, I like Frozen Mallet on WW for the perma slow, and (trying) to get Frozen Heart and Spirit Visage for cdr cap and resistances. I suppose sheen could help with his mediocre damage though.