Lack of caring confirmed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Divinenite

04-01-2013

Well my friends.... today is a sad day for Dominion players.

Today (or whenever it released), Riot has launched a "Rampage" like cho game and a side scrolling Teemo (helicopter) game. Riot felt that resources were better dedicated to creating these mini games, instead of improving ACTUAL existing game types.

Dominion players of the like have been lying in the coffin, with the lid on, hoping Riot would show mercy and forgo the final nailing. However, Riot has just arrived back from the hardware store, and has placed the first nail in the coffin lid. A sad day indeed.

On a serious note....Is anyone else outraged that a MINI game was spawned from Riot's resources instead of... oh idk... help/Patching Dominion? Does anyone else feel like this is the physical evidence of the beginning of the end for Dom?

Please understand this is only my opinion, but I would really like the hear from the Dom community. Do you feel any anger towards this?

NamKim

04-01-2013

I was hoping for the April Fool's joke to be something to remember.

It is sad that it seems nothing will ever top pre-released Lee Sin, the Blind Monk.

Chezbayou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

Different people work on different sections of the company the people on the balance and the implementation team were not the ones that made the game, it was most likely bored artists and programmers. As they released that questionair not even a month ago it seems it took them only a few weeks or so to start and finish development on this game. None of the Big names that are responsible for what happens in this game spent all their time on that one. Shoot a game like the cho one is a game that could easily be made by one person...
So no this isn't a sing of neglect it's a thing that riot always does, something little on april fools. It didn't have major production value behind it, it was a small joke game.

Divinenite

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezbayou View Post
Different people work on different sections of the company the people on the balance and the implementation team were not the ones that made the game, it was most likely bored artists and programmers. As they released that questionair not even a month ago it seems it took them only a few weeks or so to start and finish development on this game. None of the Big names that are responsible for what happens in this game spent all their time on that one. Shoot a game like the cho one is a game that could easily be made by one person...
So no this isn't a sing of neglect it's a thing that riot always does, something little on april fools. It didn't have major production value behind it, it was a small joke game.

I can understand this completely. I guess even the small things that Riot does anger me as Dom slips further into the abyss. point taken though

Talith PA

04-01-2013

This was obviously made for us to play during our long dominion queues. SR players don't get to enjoy it between games since their queue times are so short. This is obviously a buff to dominion.

Malah

04-01-2013

You can play that game in one minute? I might have to try this.

Arance

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezbayou View Post
This is all completely true, but it's still unbelievably frustrating to see Dom slowly fester and rot away like a plagued corpse. Their refusal to take even the most basic steps towards repairing or maintaining the mode (disable Kassadin) is disheartening and repulsive. In the nearly three years I've played I've never had so little confidence in Riot's capabilities. That said, I do not place the blame solely on Nome's, or anyone's, head as I know and completely understand that they have a lot of things to worry about. But as an organization, you, Riot, have completely and utterly failed.

Captain Doomsday

04-01-2013

Obviously, the minigames will expand to reveal a new Dominion map for every major city on Earth as part of an overarcing plotline wherein a time-travelling Teemo must save it from the unstoppably fed Cho'Gath from the future.

But yeah, Riot seems to be prone to making very poor decisions. I can see why taking advice from the forums seems foolish to them and they instead opt to randomly change things until some faction shuts up, but it's a simple matter of deciphering the rational suggestions among the inane, self-centered whining.

That being said, I find Dominion to be fine as it is. I'd love to see a helix-shaped map with more of a laning component, but what we have works fairly well.

A Slime Appears

04-01-2013

The last thing dom needs is more "laning components". I don't play dom to lane. I can do that all I want on SR. Dominion is the only mode that offers something actually different from SR. Let's keep it that way.

And yeah, I really doubt the team that made the chogath game is also in charge of giving dominion ranked.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

You know..a game designer could probably make that gho game during his 15m coffee breaks over the course of a week or so.
Maybe less because its probably just reskinned old rampage game..