Tristana Jump Bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palydun

02-23-2013

I have been playing taric a lot lately and I've been fumming about this for a few days now.
I use my e (Dazzle) on tristana and i SEE it hit her, but she somehow jumps before the duration (even accounting for tenacity and any other stun reduction). I am fed up with just waiting for someone to post. I know that Taric's stun is slow and will follow them even if they flash after I use it, but i have only been running into this with her jump. Every other adc, even graves' dash doesn't do what tristana's jump is doing. Please get this thread somewhat popular so that I the game is fair again.

LogicalTautology

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palydun View Post
I have been playing taric a lot lately and I've been fumming about this for a few days now.
I use my e (Dazzle) on tristana and i SEE it hit her, but she somehow jumps before the duration (even accounting for tenacity and any other stun reduction). I am fed up with just waiting for someone to post. I know that Taric's stun is slow and will follow them even if they flash after I use it, but i have only been running into this with her jump. Every other adc, even graves' dash doesn't do what tristana's jump is doing. Please get this thread somewhat popular so that I the game is fair again.
Tristana's jump does not work the same way as any other character's. There is a cast animation, then she jumps. The commentators at the LCS were even talking about it in relation to Blitz hooks: if you time the jump right, you jump away as soon as he grabs you; if you time it poorly, as soon as your animation finishes and the jump starts, he grabs you and you get hooked in.

Palydun

02-23-2013

So even with the cast animation, which I'm assuming is like an invisible cast timer/bar, if they are in the middle of that, wouldn't the stun stop everything? Tristana isn't being stunned, at all and that isn't how it should work. I was seeing the spell hit her, with the stunned animation above her head, and then without fail and no cc effecting her, jump away and keep running after she landed. This happened 10 times in 1 game and It made it extremely unfair in team fights when we had to kill her. I understand casting the spell microseconds before the stun reaches her and she just gets stunned really far away, this happens all the time. Her being completely cleansed of it, when the game clearly showed she was stunned, just makes the game feel unfair.

LogicalTautology

02-24-2013

Quote:
So even with the cast animation, which I'm assuming is like an invisible cast timer/bar, if they are in the middle of that, wouldn't the stun stop everything? Tristana isn't being stunned, at all and that isn't how it should work. I was seeing the spell hit her, with the stunned animation above her head, and then without fail and no cc effecting her, jump away and keep running after she landed. This happened 10 times in 1 game and It made it extremely unfair in team fights when we had to kill her. I understand casting the spell microseconds before the stun reaches her and she just gets stunned really far away, this happens all the time. Her being completely cleansed of it, when the game clearly showed she was stunned, just makes the game feel unfair.
If she is in the middle of it, you stop the jump. If the stun hits her RIGHT as the cast time ENDS, then the stun does nothing.

Palydun

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
If she is in the middle of it, you stop the jump. If the stun hits her RIGHT as the cast time ENDS, then the stun does nothing.
So how is that fair? A stun is a stun. It should hit and stun for the duration accounting for tenacity and such. Even if my stun hits her in mid air, it should stun her once she has landed. Her jump time isn't long enough to have gone through the stun time and just land like nothing happened. I merely want this fixed.

Zaphyrae

02-24-2013

ITs like a split second Fizz pole. Dont complain about trist being broken lol

LogicalTautology

02-24-2013

Quote:
So how is that fair? A stun is a stun. It should hit and stun for the duration accounting for tenacity and such. Even if my stun hits her in mid air, it should stun her once she has landed. Her jump time isn't long enough to have gone through the stun time and just land like nothing happened. I merely want this fixed.
If you hit her in mid-air, then it stops the jump and stuns her where she is.
If you hit her in the split-second before she jumps (but after the player hit the key and the cast time ended), then the jump goes off.

Again, this is working as intended. The Riot commentators for the NA LCS talked about it (I believe it was during the champ select for the game where Chaox played Trist), albeit in relation to Blitzcrank's hooks.