New Ranked System?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hairspr eh

02-23-2013

So I am in silver Div. 1, not that high, I know. But I'm top place of my division and have been since the start.. I'm trying to get to Gold Div. 5 but I'm having problems. These problems do not have anything to do with winning games, in fact I have won my last 8 in a row? At the start of this streak I was at 86 points.. won a game and got to 90 points.. won another game and went up to 92 points, followed by winning 6 more and getting ONLY 1 point per win.. got up to 98 points in total.. if this were to keep occurring I would technically have to win 2 more games in a row and then win 3 out of my next 5 in order to get to gold. Meanwhile I'm watching everyone else get from 80 points to their promo games in a matter of hours without playing many games. Well it so happened I lost due to trolls and lost 10 points.. now I'm back to the grind of winning 12 more games in a row.. Has anyone else had this problem? why am I the only one in my Div to have this problem..
I do like the new ranked system, they just need to work on it better. Have any feedback or discussions feel free to post.

SpitN

02-23-2013

This system is too broken. I'm in Bronze IV, just moved up from Bronze V. I had zero points. Devastated a match with a perfect 8/0 score. Only got +5 LP. It's always +5 no matter what. I can +5 all day until I get an afk or dropout, and then it's at least -15 LP, and once as high as -75 LP!
I ask people if they have any idea why it's this way, and the answer everyone gives me is that I have too many wins. I'm stuck in Bronze IV because I have too many wins? W the ****?

Evanms

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

It isnt bugged. Read the FAQ before you QQ. You are receiving less LP because your MMR is below your division's average.

Hashpoo

Recruiter

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanms View Post
It isnt bugged. Read the FAQ before you QQ. You are receiving less LP because your MMR is below your division's average.
Haha, this is the second post I've seen you reply to stating something about a bug? I don't see anyone reporting anything relating to a bug?

What I see is people having an issue with the fact that you can gain minimal points for a win and lose triple or more those points in a loss.

It's an unfair system. And if you want to try to bring in some logic of matches played and wins made. Me and my duo parter are only 2 matches apart. He has 2 more wins than me he managed while playing with someone else. But when I win with him. I get 9 pts and he gets 14. But when we both lose, I lose 25pts and he only loses 23.

To add fuel to the fire, he's higher up on the league than I am. So why should someone who's closer to the top, lose less points and gain more than me? If I'm ranked lower than he is on the scheme of points, how does it make sense that it is harder for me to get to the top than he who is already closer?

So what you're trying to say is. If someone plays MANY games, they might as well uninstall or start a new account. Because the hope of ever getting past a single loss is pointless. You'll have to hold a winning streak for 10+ games JUST to have hope after a single loss. That could occur from a simple afk or trolling rager.

So yes, the system is broke. It does need work. There are circumstances that aren't favorable to people that end up in unlucky matches.

I just achieved a winning streak. Yay 27pts. Then I lost a game -25. So, in order to make progress I am required to have another winning streak. How many winning streaks do you see on the league list? It's not often you win 3 games in a row. The chances of having those odds are very slim. Something like 1 in 10 people on the list have a winning streak.

And what if I lose again? Even after two wins? If I am gaining more wins than loses, can I even progress? Or will I continually just go backwards. Even if I win two, lose one, win two, lose one, win two, lose one.....I'm gaining more wins but am I gaining more points?

Do my points continue to decrease because I have played more games? Do they continue to decrease because I have made more wins?

So yes, once again, the system appears to need some work.

And just so this isn't complete complaining. the system needs to be based on your position in the league. And when you lose and win points, it needs to be relative to each other. it wouldn't be so bad if when I won, I gained 3 pts. And when I lost, I lost 2-4 pts. But when you lose 3 games worth of points in a single loss. That's a severe mental setback.

Starford

02-26-2013

MMR is not bad, but in team games, it is bad.
Their system don't cover the Bronze hell. Solo queue shouldn't even have this MMR system. I can practice, make 2000+ games and will still stay bronze.

Here's an example of the time consuming for ranked from Bronze:

A game is about 30 min (25 min in bronze, surrenders) so for example I could have a 6 games winning streaks to have 50 points, that's 3 hours.
If it takes 20 games to get to the promotion rank (from 3 to 2), it's 10 hours.
Then you play your best of 3, 1 hour and a half. 11 hours and a half.
It would take about 40 games to rank up if you're any better than everyone.
That would be fair.

But in reality:
You play 40 games to get your best of 3, that's 20 hours before promotion
to get from silver 5 to gold 5, it would take over 100 hours of gameplay minimum.
100 hours of gameplay minimum is about a month for an average good gamer, so maybe to change from bronze to silver, it would take 4 months of gameplay if you're any skillful... THAT'S INSANE!

I can't play all my life to this game, I could lose my job or have a worst luck.
Ranking system isn't about skills, I swear, you could get carried all your games and get gold.

tl;dr: OF COURSE it's broken, or they try to make you addict like it's Methanphetamine.

Nr1Killa

02-28-2013

maybe it is broken...I dont know but for some reason it has been working in my favor heavily. 1 game gives me about 20+ points while a loss gives me -15ish and then i recently just did my gold 5 promotion series and was promoted to gold 3 so i am not sure how this system works at all

icestealth 2

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairspr eh View Post
So I am in silver Div. 1, not that high, I know. But I'm top place of my division and have been since the start.. I'm trying to get to Gold Div. 5 but I'm having problems. These problems do not have anything to do with winning games, in fact I have won my last 8 in a row? At the start of this streak I was at 86 points.. won a game and got to 90 points.. won another game and went up to 92 points, followed by winning 6 more and getting ONLY 1 point per win.. got up to 98 points in total.. if this were to keep occurring I would technically have to win 2 more games in a row and then win 3 out of my next 5 in order to get to gold. Meanwhile I'm watching everyone else get from 80 points to their promo games in a matter of hours without playing many games. Well it so happened I lost due to trolls and lost 10 points.. now I'm back to the grind of winning 12 more games in a row.. Has anyone else had this problem? why am I the only one in my Div to have this problem..
I do like the new ranked system, they just need to work on it better. Have any feedback or discussions feel free to post.
i have the same problem i lose about 20 lp everytime i lose and get only at most 6 lp...i dont liek this new system cuz it has a lot more trolls that the old elo

ArcanaZeroOne

03-03-2013

They should make it so you have to win a best of 5 before your even allowed to be in Bronze V, this would help kill the trolls by not allowing them into ranked period and make life easier for those of us who are trying to get out of bronze and are actually putting effort into this game.

Celinaesta

03-03-2013

Right now im at the top of Bronze 1 with 95 points. My last win gave me +2 i understand it throttles down the your gains at the top but I am afraid if i lose id be -5 or-10. Thus forcing ppl to be in a win streak to even get to promotional series. I have had several win streaks in bronze and i can see myself getting to silver. But as it stands it take at least 3 games to get even get the chance to upgrade. When all is said an done the system is designed for the top players and screws every 1 else.

Rengar 4G LTE

05-18-2013

I have a friend I'm playing ranked duo with. Last night he started 20pts higher in Bronze IV than me. We play 3 games and win 2 of them. He gains 30pts net and I gain 20pts net. He's 30pts above me now and we were in the same f'in game??

Not sure how this determination for pts won or lost works, but it seems like I should earn more for my wins because I'm lower ranked. Seems silly to reward the guy already at the top with faster gains and keep the guy at the bottom suppressed.