Does reporting people in ranked games result in anything anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roflasaurus

02-23-2013

I think I'm literally on a 10 game ++++ PLUS losing streak in ranked gold 5 (low I know) I was at 70-80 points wining games regularly.

This brings me to my question, I have had people intentionally afking games, trolling games, spamming chat, claiming to be diamond smurfs that go 1-8 in lane etc etc. You think of the way to get trolled and it has happened. I pinged "Be careful", typed team b b b b b, team go back, watched two players run into the face of the enemy team 2v5 while we had people in base. Response: "Those pings could mean anything".

I'm not saying I will move up to diamond or plat or anything, i'm a pretty casual player. Losing a game is fine. However, to make myself feel a little better about this game, does reporting players result in anything anymore? I have gotten trolled by the same person, typed detailed reports, everything.

Little ranty, I apologize for that. Is anyone else having this kind of experience? I enjoy the game but this player base is going to force me to uninstall. Being bad or having a bad game is one thing, things happen. I'm not perfect, I make bad plays like anyone else. However when people are admitting to intentionally trolling and to see them in a game later the same day doing the SAME THING.

How in the actual ****?

Scr0tal Torment

02-23-2013

I know exactly how you feel. I play this game to have fun. When there are idiots trolling I ignore them, but when it's 10 games in a row, it gets to be a bit much and pretty annoying. :/

Tadeyoshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

It does, when it comes down to it. One report, ranked or not will not bring you up to the tribunal. You have to at least be reported three times in any mode. If you actually go do some cases in the tribunal you'll see that 90% of them are real trolls and racists, and what have you. However, you can do 20 cases a day. This means 20 different players, and everyday you get to vote again. After tribunal no longer offering IP. It actually has people looking to make proper verdicts. But as I said most are real trolls, and end up getting punished.
Personally I have a record of around 600 days of toxic behavior prevented and around 6 permabans. Go ahead and report, it does do the community a favor, and if it helps you vent to type a paragraph for the tribunal, go ahead, I personally punish those who make people write that much.

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

your reports probably wont, because you are reporting for bull****. walking into a 2v5 is not reportable, ranked or not.

going 1-8 is not reportable, ranked or not.

although afking will get u banned, that is done automatically, so reporting someone for afk does do nothing.

the only time i report is for when players are flaming/spamming and **** like that...so someone is doing bad. who cares. play the damn game. spamming newb feeder report blahblahblah isnt gonna solve a damn thing.

heungjos

02-23-2013

how deflating is it when you hear the other team gets a double kill bot lane every 5 minutes while you are top nasus farming?