Banned Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noxToken

02-23-2013

I can't speak for every single bracket of play, but I noticed (and LoLKing comfirms this) that Shen, Blitz, Malphite and Amumu are banned pretty regularly. If they aren't banned, then one side will inevitably pick that champ. Yet...in normal queue, those champs are rarely picked. What gives?

HOMO KPOP

02-23-2013

champs that win a game and champs that you like to play are different

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

The type of player who plays blind normals is generally very different from a draft normal player.

Moonfa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Only reason I don't play those champions in normal are because if they are not available in ranked play than I have no reason to practice playing them in a normal.

EnglishLanguage1

02-23-2013

Shen's usually banned because he's great at split-pushing, and his Ult gives him good map presence and with both the shield and the addition of another enemy there, can turn a potentially successful gank into a disaster....from what I've read anyways.

noxToken

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishLanguage1 View Post
Shen's usually banned because he's great at split-pushing, and his Ult gives him good map presence and with both the shield and the addition of another enemy there, can turn a potentially successful gank into a disaster....from what I've read anyways.
I know why they're banned. I just thought to it was a funny observation that they're hardly picked (from my experience anyway) in normals.

EnglishLanguage1

02-23-2013

Ah. Im assuming because a lot of people in normals don't know how to use them to their full potential.

Míley Dyrus

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishLanguage1 View Post
Ah. Im assuming because a lot of people in normals don't know how to use them to their full potential.
Actually, a lot of frequently banned champions have higher winrates in normals than they do in ranked because it's impossible to practice them when they're always banned.

Madraac

02-24-2013

The other problem that can happen, is that they are not banned because the solo Q lead is banning his counters. I have seen this a couple of times, but what makes it funny is that suddenly the other team has an Ali / Mal / Amumu type team.

People may think the above would be OP due to the current health stacking meta, but it is not, because the potential is all about late game and a strong ADC and a good bruisers can tear through that that team comp, so you can force the issue early.

Regardless, yes they are often banned, but if you like their play style you should still practice so that you can pick them when they are not banned. The worse is when people pick them because they think they are OP, but do not know how to play them effectively... no champ can survive being played by someone who does not know how to play them.

Anrui

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madraac View Post
...no champ can survive being played by someone who does not know how to play them.
Ain't that the truth. I've seen so many derp mumu's that it makes me want to rip my hair out.