Always something

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Tired of the dumb losses I get because of troll's and afk's. I have experienced around 20 games where I have had a anywhere between 1 afk for 5-10 minutes to 2 afks/disconnects the entire game.

I have also experienced 4 games exactly where a player on my team decides to troll and TRY to make us lose. And to top it all off, I have had exactly 2 games where 1 player is so bad, he doesn't realize that you are supposed to farm in lane and not try to 1v1 your opposing laner when your on half and they are on full.

Having 1 bad player is fine, I can carry that easy. Having 2+ bad players can be troubling, but with enough encouragement I can USUALLY carry them or assist in carrying them with my duo. However I cannot carry players who do not want to win, or afk's, or trolls, ect..

As for my opponents? There has been about 5 games where 1 person is afk for 5-10 minutes, 1 game where a player was gone full time, 1 game where they had someone horrendously bad, and 0 games where they have had a troll. This whole "the enemy team has a higher chance to get a troll/afk ect.." thing is not working in my favor.

I'm working my way up the ladder, but it is a slow, tedious, and frustrating climb. And with the punishing dodge penalties, I can no longer dodge these auto-loss games without it affecting my rating.
-enconex


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanaticmogg

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Just hope that the enemy team gets more trolls and afk-ers than yours. Statistically, it's bound to happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laxjoh

Senior Member

02-23-2013

There's been a lot of DC's overall by a lot of players recently in the past 2 days so it might be that. As long as you play consistently well, you will eventually climb up. No one said anything about whether you will climb quickly or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

Senior Member

02-23-2013

I just want the LP deduction on dodges to be removed. If it wasn't for this, I would have dodged many games that have ended is harsh losses and would probably be in silver 1 by now, if not gold.

I feel like all this does is promote trolling because when the troll tempts you to dodge(and you do), you lose points. and if you choose not to dodge, he trolls and you again lose points. Its a win-win situation for the troll who cares little for his rank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconex View Post
I just want the LP deduction on dodges to be removed. If it wasn't for this, I would have dodged many games that have ended is harsh losses and would probably be in silver 1 by now, if not gold.
You've done a phenomenal job of identifying why dodging should remove LP points. You are abusing the system and suffering because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconex View Post
I feel like all this does is promote trolling because when the troll tempts you to dodge(and you do), you lose points. and if you choose not to dodge, he trolls and you again lose points. Its a win-win situation for the troll who cares little for his rank.
If you think there are more than 0.1% of players who do not want to get to a higher Division, then you are wrong. No one actually goes into a game intending to troll people. This new system actually deters trolling in lobbies, while also punishing people like you who are abusing the system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
You've done a phenomenal job of identifying why dodging should remove LP points. You are abusing the system and suffering because of it.
How is it abusing the system when you want to dodge a game because someone decided to go revive/jungle veigar jungle? How is it abusing the system when you dodge a game because of a guy who says, and I quote: "i'm at 0 points right now so I don't care if I lose, AP riven support OP!"?

Quote:
If you think there are more than 0.1% of players who do not want to get to a higher Division, then you are wrong. No one actually goes into a game intending to troll people. This new system actually deters trolling in lobbies, while also punishing people like you who are abusing the system.
Most of the games I lose are not from trolls who don't want to win(so I don't care to much). And even if people don't go into games INTENDING to troll, I can't tell you how many times people decide to do stupid **** because the chat starts with:
mid
mid or troll
im going mid guys.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laxjoh

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconex View Post
I just want the LP deduction on dodges to be removed. If it wasn't for this, I would have dodged many games that have ended is harsh losses and would probably be in silver 1 by now, if not gold.

I feel like all this does is promote trolling because when the troll tempts you to dodge(and you do), you lose points. and if you choose not to dodge, he trolls and you again lose points. Its a win-win situation for the troll who cares little for his rank.
I agree the LP dodge penalty is really REALLY stupid but we all have to deal with it for now. Best bet is to just keep playing even though it has an unfavorable team comp and capitalize with whatever you can.