Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tired of getting demoted right after promotion because of **** teams?

Yes 19 86.36%
No 3 13.64%
Voters 22 .

Fixing the league system.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dotayy

02-23-2013

Anyone else ever get promoted then get stuck with **** team or AFK twice in a row and ed up in the lower division again? Think its Unfair?

Here is a fix...count the 2 promotion games for the league points. So in the promotion series a W(21 lp), L(-18 lp), W(18 lp) would get you 21 lp to begin with (21-18+18 = 21)
That way you have a safety net so you dont fall back just because you got unlucky twice in a row.

And this way you will also get rewarded for going 2-0(around 40 lp) to qualify instead of 2-1(around 20 lp).

Thoughts?

Ericxz

02-23-2013

Um good idea? Im not lvl 30 yet so hi.

angryWelchMan

02-23-2013

I haven't had to deal with this yet but my impression was that there was a buffer of a few games

Flagrock

02-23-2013

Riot went out and said there is a "buffer". I started at D3 Silver. At the start of the season I won a couple times and lost 1 more than I won and insta got demoted to D4. Then I climbed back up. I got to D3 then won and game, lost 2 and got demoted back down to D4. Then, I climbed up AGAIN and now at D3. I lost another ranked game and won once. So, basically the "buffer" is 2-3 games from experience. Basically once you are at 0, 2 losses drops you down.

Cherry Fade

02-23-2013

Quote:
Dotayy:
Anyone else ever get promoted then get stuck with **** team or AFK twice in a row and ed up in the lower division again? Think its Unfair?

Here is a fix...count the 2 promotion games for the league points. So in the promotion series a W(21 lp), L(-18 lp), W(18 lp) would get you 21 lp to begin with (21-18+18 = 21)
That way you have a safety net so you dont fall back just because you got unlucky twice in a row.

And this way you will also get rewarded for going 2-0(around 40 lp) to qualify instead of 2-1(around 20 lp).

Thoughts?
It should be this way for all ranked games.

Dotayy

02-27-2013

Quote:
Çygnus:
It should be this way for all ranked games.

Should be...but its not. And their buffer is like 1 game or so I have noticed. There might be an equation. But I am not sure.

Dotayy

03-01-2013

Bump for votes