Tired of getting demoted right after promotion because of **** teams?

Yes 19 86.36%
No 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Fixing the league system.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dotayy

02-23-2013

Anyone else ever get promoted then get stuck with **** team or AFK twice in a row and ed up in the lower division again? Think its Unfair?

Here is a fix...count the 2 promotion games for the league points. So in the promotion series a W(21 lp), L(-18 lp), W(18 lp) would get you 21 lp to begin with (21-18+18 = 21)
That way you have a safety net so you dont fall back just because you got unlucky twice in a row.

And this way you will also get rewarded for going 2-0(around 40 lp) to qualify instead of 2-1(around 20 lp).

Thoughts?

Ericxz

02-23-2013

Um good idea? Im not lvl 30 yet so hi.

angryWelchMan

02-23-2013

I haven't had to deal with this yet but my impression was that there was a buffer of a few games

Flagrock

02-23-2013

Riot went out and said there is a "buffer". I started at D3 Silver. At the start of the season I won a couple times and lost 1 more than I won and insta got demoted to D4. Then I climbed back up. I got to D3 then won and game, lost 2 and got demoted back down to D4. Then, I climbed up AGAIN and now at D3. I lost another ranked game and won once. So, basically the "buffer" is 2-3 games from experience. Basically once you are at 0, 2 losses drops you down.

Cherry Fade

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotayy View Post
Anyone else ever get promoted then get stuck with **** team or AFK twice in a row and ed up in the lower division again? Think its Unfair?

Here is a fix...count the 2 promotion games for the league points. So in the promotion series a W(21 lp), L(-18 lp), W(18 lp) would get you 21 lp to begin with (21-18+18 = 21)
That way you have a safety net so you dont fall back just because you got unlucky twice in a row.

And this way you will also get rewarded for going 2-0(around 40 lp) to qualify instead of 2-1(around 20 lp).

Thoughts?
It should be this way for all ranked games.

Dotayy

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by «ygnus View Post
It should be this way for all ranked games.
Should be...but its not. And their buffer is like 1 game or so I have noticed. There might be an equation. But I am not sure.

Dotayy

03-01-2013

Bump for votes