Does this happen to anyone else?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laxjoh

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconex View Post
I always lose when I get people like this. Such a dumb, non-cooperative way of doing things.

The truth is both are wrong, but I prefer calling it much more than pick-order. ESPECIALLY when first pick wants top/mid. Not to mention is much more beneficial to the team when players get their best roles (of course this is not always possible), and when you go by pick order, the chances of getting people their best roles or roles they would like is far less likely.
Calling roles is pretty much asking your teammates who pick before you to concede those roles to you. The reason why people call roles is so that it lets the team know you are best with that role or you feel more comfortable with those roles. However, if people who pick before you wants that role, there's nothing you can do about it. If you troll and pick some stupid role, it's YOU that will get the banhammer/punishment, not the guy that was first pick ADC and you rage because you called ADC first but now you went duo ADC bot.

Enconex

02-23-2013

Quote:
Why play draft pick if you won't abide by the drafting policy? You lose because you need to improve individual play, not because you get people who are HIGHER RANK THAN YOU AND HAVE BETTER MMR THAN YOU want to go their preferred role than letting someone who's last pick have it.

And both are not wrong. Draft pick/rank = pick order > calling. Period. You can try to argue as much as you want. You aren't going to win because of the simple fact that it's DRAFT PICK and that people who pick first in ranked are usually of higher ELO than you.
First of all, there is no policy for how things should be in draft pick, just gonna clear that up.

Now I don't quite get the second part of this sentence:
Quote:
You lose because you need to improve individual play, not because you get people who are HIGHER RANK THAN YOU AND HAVE BETTER MMR THAN YOU want to go their preferred role than letting someone who's last pick have it.
But let me just state this: It is much more beneficial to the team when players get their best roles (of course this is not always possible), and when you go by pick order, the chances of getting people their best roles or roles they would like is far less likely. When you look at very high elo games, you will see players (most of the time) try to work TOGETHER to try and get a good comp where everyone is satisfied with their roles.

Also, just because someone has a higher MMR/RANK than you does not mean they are better. As I work my way up the ladder all the people who were previously above me are now below me. Does this mean that when they were above me that they were better? No. So please stop this pick order > calling bull****.

Enconex

02-23-2013

Quote:
Calling roles is pretty much asking your teammates who pick before you to concede those roles to you. The reason why people call roles is so that it lets the team know you are best with that role or you feel more comfortable with those roles. However, if people who pick before you wants that role, there's nothing you can do about it.
That is why neither way of doing things works. But calling roles is more beneficial to the team. The BEST way of doing things is by co-operating with each other until everyone is satisfied (although many times someone must make a sacrifice). Sadly this never happens as people only have one interest: getting what THEY want and not giving any thought about you.

Quote:
If you troll and pick some stupid role, it's YOU that will get the banhammer/punishment, not the guy that was first pick ADC and you rage because you called ADC first but now you went duo ADC bot.
No ****? This has nothing to do with what i'm saying.

angryWelchMan

02-23-2013

I am about to the point where calling one role in ranked draft should be a banable offense. That being said this is a much bigger deal on the forums then in games cause in games 90% of the people call multiple roles and respect the pick order. Generally in my (upper bronze/ lower silver level) there is at least on person who opens op saying fill and 2 more people will say something like "top or jungler prefered but will fill" and the other two call a pair of roles that they like. Also interesting to note that this normally happens after a few greetings and ban requests.

The only time I have people really rage is when there is more then one person who doesn't follow that mold

So if you in a ranked draft game type in "mid" as soon as possible then your part of the probluem

LogicalTautology

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamon2500 View Post
It must be 1 because on my screen i usually am the first to call a position.
You misunderstand me. It is BOTH.

laxjoh

02-23-2013

Quote:
First of all, there is no policy for how things should be in draft pick, just gonna clear that up.

Now I don't quite get the second part of this sentence:

But let me just state this: It is much more beneficial to the team when players get their best roles (of course this is not always possible), and when you go by pick order, the chances of getting people their best roles or roles they would like is far less likely. When you look at very high elo games, you will see players (most of the time) try to work TOGETHER to try and get a good comp where everyone is satisfied with their roles.

Also, just because someone has a higher MMR/RANK than you does not mean they are better. As I work my way up the ladder all the people who were previously above me are now below me. Does this mean that when they were above me that they were better? No. So please stop this pick order > calling bull****.
Then don't play ranked/draft normals. Simple as that. Do you think the NFL/NBA organizations whine at the 1st round, 1st pick that they took the player that was being considered? No, it's draft pick order. The reason why I say it's policy is because it's a DRAFT PICK. Like I said, why play draft pick if you won't abide by the drafting rules? I'm the type of person who DOES concede rolls to people who call it and explain it is their best role. But you know what? We're talking objectively and we're talking about how it SHOULD be; what takes priority? Pick order.

If you don't understand this simple fact, then stop playing ranked. You'll just end up becoming frustrated you not getting roles you want and might even troll pick in the future. It IS relevant because you either fill and there are other immature people who will troll pick. Draft pick is pick order > calling. It's like rules of gravity. It's not a bannable offense for 1st pick to pick a role that has been called. There is no pick order > calling bull****. You're just not understanding a simple concept or are just butthurt you aren't getting the role you want.

laxjoh

02-23-2013

Quote:
That is why neither way of doing things works. But calling roles is more beneficial to the team. The BEST way of doing things is by co-operating with each other until everyone is satisfied (although many times someone must make a sacrifice). Sadly this never happens as people only have one interest: getting what THEY want and not giving any thought about you.

No ****? This has nothing to do with what i'm saying.
Actually it has everything to do with what you're saying. If you're so butthurt over not getting the role you want because of pick order priority, then you have two choices. You fill, which is what most people do. The other is to troll pick or go unconventional pick against the wishes of your team. Just stop playing ranked/draft if you get so sensitive. It doesn't matter whether or not you fill or concede roles; you're clearly frustrated at the whole pick order > calling. You just might encounter that guy you conceded a role to but he ends up going 0/10 in the first 20 minutes. Then in your next game, you are last pick and you think "F that I'm going that role because it is my best" and someone who hasn't said a word takes that role even if you called. Sure, that's not really communicating with your team but there's nothing stopping him from taking that role. If it bothers you so much, like I said a million times, just stop playing. It will cause problems for you in the future if it's such a huge and infuriating deal for you.