Does this happen to anyone else?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aamon2500

02-23-2013

In champ selection i call mid or any other position and someone else calls it maybe 5-10 seconds after me. But what i typed doesn't either register or registers way too late.. Like now i called mid 30seconds before someone else did yet no one else saw what i typed which confuses me. Because no only don't i get to play what i want to but it also seems to make people pissed off when i claim that i said it first.

Telmisartan033

02-23-2013

Ehm no, i just get when i instaCLIC on a champ an error pop-ups and says "the champion you have selected has already been taken"

But nothing such as Typelag

LogicalTautology

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamon2500 View Post
In champ selection i call mid or any other position and someone else calls it maybe 5-10 seconds after me. But what i typed doesn't either register or registers way too late.. Like now i called mid 30seconds before someone else did yet no one else saw what i typed which confuses me. Because no only don't i get to play what i want to but it also seems to make people pissed off when i claim that i said it first.

That means two things:
1) There is lag on your end causing a lag on ALL chat that you see
2) They did actually call mid first

angryWelchMan

02-23-2013

This doesn't happen to me cause I'm not the type of person to rush in and call mid (*cough horrible teammate cough*) but it happens to other people in lobbies I'm in. On your screen you chats go in as soon as you click enter but it has to go through the system to get to other people screens. I don't the difference is 30 seconds but can be up to around 3 if you have a lot of lag

Aamon2500

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
That means two things:
1) There is lag on your end causing a lag on ALL chat that you see
2) They did actually call mid first
It must be 1 because on my screen i usually am the first to call a position.

Aamon2500

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryWelchMan View Post
This doesn't happen to me cause I'm not the type of person to rush in and call mid (*cough horrible teammate cough*) but it happens to other people in lobbies I'm in. On your screen you chats go in as soon as you click enter but it has to go through the system to get to other people screens. I don't the difference is 30 seconds but can be up to around 3 if you have a lot of lag
I always try to get the position i play best at but if someone else wants it and we are lacking in something i usually give the position to them and fill the spot we lack.

Espair

02-23-2013

Yes, all the time and its annoying, which is why that system sucks of who can type fastest, but not too fast!

laxjoh

02-23-2013

Doesn't really matter when pick order > calling it.

Enconex

02-23-2013

Quote:
Doesn't really matter when pick order > calling it.
I always lose when I get people like this. Such a dumb, non-cooperative way of doing things.

The truth is both are wrong, but I prefer calling it much more than pick-order. ESPECIALLY when first pick wants top/mid. Not to mention is much more beneficial to the team when players get their best roles (of course this is not always possible), and when you go by pick order, the chances of getting people their best roles or roles they would like is far less likely.

laxjoh

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconex View Post
I always lose when I get people like this. Such a dumb, non-cooperative way of doing things.

The truth is both are wrong, but I prefer calling it much more than pick-order. ESPECIALLY when first pick wants top/mid.
Why play draft pick if you won't abide by the drafting policy? You lose because you need to improve individual play, not because you get people who are HIGHER RANK THAN YOU AND HAVE BETTER MMR THAN YOU want to go their preferred role than letting someone who's last pick have it.

And both are not wrong. Draft pick/rank = pick order > calling. Period. You can try to argue as much as you want. You aren't going to win because of the simple fact that it's DRAFT PICK and that people who pick first in ranked are usually of higher ELO than you.