Janar, the Dancer of Death

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drake O Dagger

02-23-2013

Deleted due to being apparently impossible to make.

The5lacker

02-25-2013

Masteries are not to be toyed with, and their impact is not to be altered in any way shape or form. What we have here is a champion who is outright terrible unless a player is level 30. That's terrible. That is a terrible idea, and is so woefully inconsiderate for players who haven't hit max level yet I can't even begin to comprehend your thought process.

Drake O Dagger

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Masteries are not to be toyed with, and their impact is not to be altered in any way shape or form. What we have here is a champion who is outright terrible unless a player is level 30. That's terrible. That is a terrible idea, and is so woefully inconsiderate for players who haven't hit max level yet I can't even begin to comprehend your thought process.
Le sigh. You obviously did not read the Passive or Ult. That said, your argument is invalidated. I've already thought of that and fixed it. Your claiming that Masteries shouldn't be toyed with isn't really supported either. You've given no supporting evidence as to why you believe that. As I can't defend against a non-existent argument, I will point out that even when the Ult and Passive change the count for Masteries, they're not changing what the points are put into, so you get non-existent points that just count for the champion's effects.

LeetMasterAce

02-28-2013

I really liked the concept of a champion who gains additional benefits from masteries. That said, these should be scaling abilities. This guy is a ridiculous early game champ who naturally snowballs without meeting the usual criteria for snowballing.

Imagine going full tank, 30 points in Defense. That gives him FORTY-TWO and SIXTY starting armor and MR just by his passive bonuses alone. That doesn't even account for all the bonuses he's gaining from having these Defensive masteries themselves. By the time I read his Q, I gave up, because that amount of armor shred every 8 seconds is absurd.

So....like the concept, hate the implementation.

Drake O Dagger

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetMasterAce View Post
I really liked the concept of a champion who gains additional benefits from masteries. That said, these should be scaling abilities. This guy is a ridiculous early game champ who naturally snowballs without meeting the usual criteria for snowballing.

Imagine going full tank, 30 points in Defense. That gives him FORTY-TWO and SIXTY starting armor and MR just by his passive bonuses alone. That doesn't even account for all the bonuses he's gaining from having these Defensive masteries themselves. By the time I read his Q, I gave up, because that amount of armor shred every 8 seconds is absurd.

So....like the concept, hate the implementation.
Okay, to answer this concern, yes, you're a super-tank. You also do **** for damage, are slow as hell, and don't have any range. So congrats, you can tank XD that's all you can do with that build. You don't even have very impressive CC. I've been tweaking the champion a lot to try and fix the early game, but its hard to get it right. Where are you getting the 60 armor though?

Everything about this champion is meant to be about choice. 30 Defense means you're hardly doing any damage and lack AoE and range. If you focus on Offense your defense won't be as good. If you focus utility, you're gonna have range, speed, and can cast more often without worrying about running out of mana, but your damage and defense will suffer for it. It's all about that choice.

As far as the armor shredding, I will point out that you either shred armor OR deal damage, not both. So shredding armor means you're playing a support tank role more than anything.

LeetMasterAce

02-28-2013

I said 42 starting armor and 60 starting MR, just in a "respective" sense.

You wouldn't build him with any damage, since his damaging skills are bad (0.1 AD ratio on his chains active is abysmal). 30 Defense points was an exaggeration, but assuming you go 0/21/9 like many utility-based tanks do, you will still be similarly indestructible (33 starting armor is an absolute crapload that no champ has ever possessed; consider that Chain Vest, a fairly expensive item, grants +45 armor, and 51 starting MR is unheard of).

Then, max Q first and W second. With Q maxed out by level 9, you shred 25 + 21*5 armor. That's 130 armor shred at level 9. Do you know what that means? Every AD champ on your team deals true damage. There's a reason season 3 Blackcleaver was hit with the nerf hammer, and even despite this, LoL may as well be called League of Warmog's for the time being.

Drake O Dagger

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetMasterAce View Post
I said 42 starting armor and 60 starting MR, just in a "respective" sense.

You wouldn't build him with any damage, since his damaging skills are bad (0.1 AD ratio on his chains active is abysmal). 30 Defense points was an exaggeration, but assuming you go 0/21/9 like many utility-based tanks do, you will still be similarly indestructible (33 starting armor is an absolute crapload that no champ has ever possessed; consider that Chain Vest, a fairly expensive item, grants +45 armor, and 51 starting MR is unheard of).

Then, max Q first and W second. With Q maxed out by level 9, you shred 25 + 21*5 armor. That's 130 armor shred at level 9. Do you know what that means? Every AD champ on your team deals true damage. There's a reason season 3 Blackcleaver was hit with the nerf hammer, and even despite this, LoL may as well be called League of Warmog's for the time being.
Uhh... Okay, so, ignoring the fact the AD ratio is low because of the fact the thing effectively deals 0.3 AD with a Utility build, on top of tripling the base damage, the champion's scaling is something that's a low priority for me to fix. Other stuff is more important right now. The Champion's damage is really good in an Offense build btw. AD scaling is hardly the only factor in how good a champion is in Offense.

Shredding that much armor isn't all that impressive when the champion can't really take advantage of it. But if its really that big a deal, I'll tweak it. Since it seems to be the only way to make it balanced, I'll just have to switch to percentage reduction.

Have fun being near invulnerable early game (and only early game) btw, You'll be outleveled by people who actually manage to kill stuff. Personally, I'd rather go 21/9/0 for my build.

LeVentNoir

02-28-2013

I cannot see a champ based on masteries ever being anything but utterly broken to one side or another. While a war dancer is cool, I'm not going to give this idea any kind of credit while the passive is as stupid as yours is.

Good Passive: Every 5 spell casts, next one stuns.
After 3 spells, next AA get special bonus.
You get armour and AP from killing things.

Bad passive: Yours.

Drake O Dagger

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeVentNoir View Post
I cannot see a champ based on masteries ever being anything but utterly broken to one side or another. While a war dancer is cool, I'm not going to give this idea any kind of credit while the passive is as stupid as yours is.

Good Passive: Every 5 spell casts, next one stuns.
After 3 spells, next AA get special bonus.
You get armour and AP from killing things.

Bad passive: Yours.
Thanks for being an *******. :/

You don't have to be so mean about it. You could at least TRY to help with the concept -_-

Drake O Dagger

03-03-2013

Change Log
2/28 - Changed the shred armor effect on Q to percentage reduction, and reduced the gain from Defense Mastery to 1 per instead of 5 per.