How is Teemo a counter to Garen ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lonely Ward

02-23-2013

I played top lane earlier as Garen, and I got teemo as my opponent. Their whole team mostly had AD so I stacked ninja tabi, and thornmail first was going to build frozen mallet next, but they surrendered.

In the game I completely Out csed him I had around 170 minion kills in the first 20 mins, and he had 63. He would try to kill, but he just did no damage and I'm not sure but I think the thornmail reflected some of it back. He didnt't zone me, and if anything its like he wasn't even there so I'm just curious how does Teemo counter Garen ?

Romantic Metro

02-23-2013

early game he will counter garen hard naturally with his kiting and blind dart. Once the buys start coming in it'll depend on the build. As always it'll come down to player skill. It sounds like you had a lot of armor, but if teemo had built AP and kited properly he would have hurt you bad. Teemo is a natural counter to Garen, but counters won't mean jack if you can play a good garen, and the other person can't play a good teemo. Still nice work on your game

TheMisterAce

02-23-2013

His blind makes you miss your Q, he can outrun your Judgement 'spin to win', and he will shroom any bush you decide you want to regen in.

He should have kited you all day long, must have been a bad teemo.

Slashinghardest

02-23-2013

Winning a game vs a counter in no makes the counter any less true. You clearly went vs a baf teemo if he couldnt win a no MR or HP tank. Gj beating your counter but in truth a good garen will still lose to a decent teemo.

MicKretz

02-23-2013

ya COUNTERS only work if the person knows what they are doing.....

RECENT GAME:

Our teemo picked him to counter their Garen.....went top and tele'd back to base several times w/ Garen still in lane (i was bot so didnt see the reasons why but not cuz of enemy jungler, he was bot) and so i called in chat that their jungler is bot and teemo ran down to bot from top 2x losing xp, and letting garen free farm and take top turret for free......

THEN CLAIMS that he countered Garen after Garen took the 2nd tower and got 0 kills on Garen as i try to tell him to never come bot from top and that i only type it so he knows their is no gank coming.

So this poor poor ranked teemo doesnt even know what counter means if he thinks losing 2 towers and getting 0 kills is a counter to Garen.....

BUT he does counter Garen if he does those things mentioned above

ROKAF JE

02-23-2013

lol @ teemo going AD

you played against the reason people think teemo sucks

federaly

02-23-2013

Garen's major strength is his passive. With poison darts and mushrooms Teemo can completely turn off your passive making Garen a sub par bruiser.

laxjoh

02-23-2013

Garen's counter is to kite n harass and the ability poke without taking any damage from Garen, thus kite and harass. Teemo counters Garen because at an early level you can deny his passive with Teemo's poison and you can still kite n harass very well. However, if you are standing still, Garen will kill you. Essentially, Garen will not be able to do much against you if you play a Garen counter like you're supposed to. Poke, kite, harass, deny his passive. Bring extra wards with you so you can have vision on bushes; those bushes are what Garen abuses against his counters and will snowball if you are not cautious.

Dowwnwind

02-23-2013

from my experiences teemo can counter: garen, singed, jayce, darius, wukong, sion. these are the tops ive mostly been against in bronze 4 and 5, and most of the time i can beat them, (i h ave a 15-7 win/loss record with ap teemo top).

i can counter an akali until shes level 6, but teemo doesnt have the sustain to really handle her, (or atleast i havent learned how to yet).

wukong can be 50/50 because a good wukong will utilize his stealth to his advantage, until i hit level 6, adn then i shroom the lane mostly.

once i get jayce caught in being ranged only,and i dodge his shots, i shut down his melee game till he gets a jungle gank, and normally thats the only way i get killed by him.

sion can also be 50/50 like wukong but more so in my favor as teemo because if sion goes to a different lane, i get free farm, and if he stays in lane i out zone him, even with his stun.

i also stack gp5 on every champ i play by default because if im getting bullied in lane, then im still getting gold, and at times i can out farm my enemy in lane under turret.

teemo is a very good top, but if you are playing against a counter, (say pantheon), then good luck because you will be shut down if hte pantheon knows what hes doing.

Abstract Rabbit

11-04-2013

I've played 160 games of teemo, going on 10 game win streaks, on the way to silver IV after about 250 games up from bronze IIII.

The trick to teemo vs garen is to never let him touch you. When you do let him use his q up on you get a q on him right before he hits you, the attack may miss, and lure him in with csing from different sides of the lane, beware of junglers, they will make a garen stack up hard vs you. Stay IN LANE until at about 85-110 cs. Don't take tower too early, it's main purpose is to kill off the minions when garen is away. If playing (bot)as top make sure that you have your jungle come from where garens tower is and engage him closely so he dives you with him Q and can't run, begin to kite as soon as the Q is iniated, and strike him with your Q, he will be slowed for your jungler to come up behind and dive. If he runs immediately you will still have time to get off another Q if you have your W uped once. I play 5 Q 1 W 5 poison, unless playing against a fast jungler like hecarim.

PANDA CAPTAIN TEEMO ^_^