Is this a real thing....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celenphor

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0nne View Post
Teemo supports very poke and run behavior, that is why newbies love him since their afraid to die and that is why everyone hates him. Dying is never a good thing, unless your death can save your teammate's lives or guarantee more than one kill/tower. So playing carefully is a good thing, just not to an extreme where you dont help anyone and only go for securing kills.

You should try mid lane champions, i convinced my newb friend to switch Teemo for Morgana and now he rocks her and rules in team fights. But if you like Teemo then go for it, we won't be friends tough XD

I play a pretty mean Kassadin, but I find I get into tons of games where I win my lane, but lose the game....I have good numbers with him....just can't seem to translate it into wins the games always reach a point where everyone is just too tanky for me to nuke down before my team is killed off.

As for liking Teemo, I usually only play him if I feel it gives me the best chance to win my lane. I prefer AP assassins and AD bruisers.

Sweet Jesus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Dying isn't always a bad thing, it just depends on the role that you are playing in the match. Not dying can be a bad thing, depending on how you go about it.

For example, tank bruiser top such as... Olaf. If you are going 1v3 in team fights, zoning and chunking the carries or just generally pulling attention to you while your carries chip away at their front line, if it puts your team ahead to do so, then by all means do so. It doesn't matter if you die to give your team the advantage. However, if you're doing plays like this and your team isn't following up, then you have to recognize this and stop doing so immediately, take a more passive role of defending your carries over trying to make big plays and hope that it will work out.

On the other side, if you are leaving the fight and recalling with 40% or more health, then you could have probably done more. Sure, there are moments when everyone becomes the object of focus and you have to back out of a fight, but whenever you leave a fight you have to keep an eye on the fight and as yourself "Is there something else I could do in there?" As long as you aren't leaving fights for fear of your KDA but rather leaving fights because your presence would not have accomplished anything (You're sitting on 150 health, you are oom, it is a 2v5 situation where some teammates got caught out) then I think you should be fine in the thinking that dying will just give the other team advantages.

I suppose the moral of this is it is a lot harder to justify dying over not dying. As long as you don't just leave your team hanging when you could have done more, I think there isn't much you can do.

Celenphor

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
Dying isn't always a bad thing, it just depends on the role that you are playing in the match. Not dying can be a bad thing, depending on how you go about it.

For example, tank bruiser top such as... Olaf. If you are going 1v3 in team fights, zoning and chunking the carries or just generally pulling attention to you while your carries chip away at their front line, if it puts your team ahead to do so, then by all means do so. It doesn't matter if you die to give your team the advantage. However, if you're doing plays like this and your team isn't following up, then you have to recognize this and stop doing so immediately, take a more passive role of defending your carries over trying to make big plays and hope that it will work out.

On the other side, if you are leaving the fight and recalling with 40% or more health, then you could have probably done more. Sure, there are moments when everyone becomes the object of focus and you have to back out of a fight, but whenever you leave a fight you have to keep an eye on the fight and as yourself "Is there something else I could do in there?" As long as you aren't leaving fights for fear of your KDA but rather leaving fights because your presence would not have accomplished anything (You're sitting on 150 health, you are oom, it is a 2v5 situation where some teammates got caught out) then I think you should be fine in the thinking that dying will just give the other team advantages.

I suppose the moral of this is it is a lot harder to justify dying over not dying. As long as you don't just leave your team hanging when you could have done more, I think there isn't much you can do.
Well said. I agree completely.