Competitive eSports. Drug Testing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mephistofeles666

02-25-2013

I was thinking about this the other day. There is a lot of drug that could "enchance" your focus, reflex and even eye-hand coordination. They obviusly have several downsides, but you only need to effect to last a couple hours, so it could give you an edge during the tournament.

deadheld

02-25-2013

wait a second with a million dollars on the line i could totally see people doing this

Moosenocalypse

02-25-2013

So what happens when you screen positive and come back with a doctors prescription?

A.D.D. is just as real as E-sports, even with all the fakers out there.

xRAWKAx

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheld View Post
wait a second with a million dollars on the line i could totally see people doing this
Which is why it would be nice to know that people weren't. Drug testing would promote a culture of fair play and, in my opinion, would help League of Legends become more reputable as an eSport.

Wayward Sword

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisivePlayer View Post
caffeine OP. makes gamers too alert, too dexterous, and too socially awkward. winwinwin. ban tea and coffee from tournaments. i'm sick of seeing these hyped up super gamers battle it out every game.
Perhaps its from years of drinking to much of the stuff, but Caffeine completely destroys my nerves nowadays and do a lot worse.

Anyway, bump for the thread. Serious issue.

mnso

02-25-2013

amphetamine wins games, i know this cause i used it before in sc2 and boy did my microing skills go up the roof lol

CommandShockwave

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atik L Yar View Post
Like I asked in my above post; how does the NBA and NFL handle those situations? I honestly have no clue...
I don't think either of those have a ban on ADHD medicaitons though...

It's not like you can get a legitimate prescription for Steriods, so it's not really the same thing.

xRAWKAx

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Moose View Post
So what happens when you screen positive and come back with a doctors prescription?

A.D.D. is just as real as E-sports, even with all the fakers out there.
The only solution I can think of is that there would have to be some sort of background check. Did this person have a history of ADHD, or did they get their prescription just before going pro? Was the timing of the prescription a coincidence, or is there evidence of doctor-shopping? Like others have said: the NFL has a way of doing it, i'm sure Riot could find a way to do it as well.

Maybe this issue is something that would require too many resources from Riot and therefore they turn a blind-eye to it. I'm sure it's something they would admit to caring about, but maybe the implementation is just something they're not capable of doing yet. I'd like to hear an official statement from them on the subject.

Atik L Yar

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk Lord View Post

It's not like you can get a legitimate prescription for Steriods, so it's not really the same thing.
Actually, I think you CAN get a prescription for Steriods if you have injured muscles or something.

Tucking Sits

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk Lord View Post

In the MLB, players have to obtain permission from a 3 person expert panel in order to use those medications. Otherwise, those drugs are banned.