Competitive eSports. Drug Testing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1279fbc201d65a

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statiqhock View Post
Are there really drugs that boost intellectual performances enough to cause an actual competitive advantage on par with what steroid would give?
Yes, of course.
Are most people in this thread really so uneducated to believe that drugs cant enhance your performance or are they just trolling? It happens that a few people dont know anything about drugs, but it seems like almost everyone isnt educated about drugs.

Low-dose Methamphetamine will help you to concentrate. Adderall will also do that. Almost every Amphetamine will do that. Opiates can do the same for some people. I dont see how this issue is a joke. If e-sports would be taken serious, enhancing your performance with drugs would be an issue.

UnknownRandom

02-23-2013

I agree with this 100%

All LoL esports contestants should have to participate in mandatory drug testing.

League of Legends is a video game, and video games are primarily played by children(I personally am an adult, and I know many adults play the game. I'm not saying it's only for kids, I'm just saying there are millions of kids who play it. Either way, lets not get caught up in the semantics of the demographics and lets agree that there are a ton of kids playing.).

The kids who play LoL may idolize some of the Professionals who play this game. If Riot allows their professionals to use drugs, then indirectly they are condoning drug use. Drugs are illegal.

Does Riot want to associate itself with illegal drug usage?

RedTruth

02-23-2013

Woooosh.

MoooveZiiig

02-23-2013

Speed would be a great idea to lose tournaments.

Play good day 1 (better? I'm not sure).
Can't sleep.
Play like absolute **** day 2.

xRAWKAx

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoooveZiiig View Post
Speed would be a great idea to lose tournaments.

Play good day 1 (better? I'm not sure).
Can't sleep.
Play like absolute **** day 2.
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Being physically tired but mentally focused due to speeding again on the 2nd ande even into the 3rd day could still give an advantage. Check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2207626.html

JevelFaithful

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1279fbc201d65a View Post
Yes, of course.
Are most people in this thread really so uneducated to believe that drugs cant enhance your performance or are they just trolling? It happens that a few people dont know anything about drugs, but it seems like almost everyone isnt educated about drugs.

Low-dose Methamphetamine will help you to concentrate. Adderall will also do that. Almost every Amphetamine will do that. Opiates can do the same for some people. I dont see how this issue is a joke. If e-sports would be taken serious, enhancing your performance with drugs would be an issue.
My question was more : how effective are those? Is it the same as a nap and a hot milk before going in? Or more like a ubermench trance that makes you play perfectly?

the first, I'd think is perfectly fine. Like a physical athlete stretching and eating well before a competition. Second is over the top, I'll admit. In other words, is it really an unfair steroid-level advantage?

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Atleast we know Dyrus and Hotshottgg are clean

Mid tourney naps OP

LeKobe

02-23-2013

Yeah I agree, even the NFL test their players for Adderall. The players take it (that get caught) because they have to focus and remember their own playbook which is like 500-1000 plays. I can see LoL players taking this and giving them a slight or big advantage due to their extreme focus on the match their playing.

Being on Adderall feels like you're on cocaine (or so i heard).

xRAWKAx

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statiqhock View Post
My question was more : how effective are those? Is it the same as a nap and a hot milk before going in? Or more like a ubermench trance that makes you play perfectly?

the first, I'd think is perfectly fine. Like a physical athlete stretching and eating well before a competition. Second is over the top, I'll admit. In other words, is it really an unfair steroid-level advantage?
It's definitely not in league with the first, because it is a real drug with real (and dangerous) side-effects. I would argue that it is more along the lines of the 2nd. Adderall, when used by someone with ADHD, gives them the ability to focus a little better (bringing them to baseline). When used by someone with a normal level of focus, they gain the ability to maintain focus at a much higher level. As per this source (http://www.sbnation.com/2012/12/5/37...ks-suspensions), "While it acts to "calm the nerves" of individuals with ADHD, individuals without this diagnosis report that taking the drug helps them focus their energy and concentration toward accomplishing everyday tasks at levels otherwise unachievable.

Whigsplitta

02-23-2013

Foolish idea.

If this were a LEGITIMATE sport then maybe, but it isn't. And you will never convince me otherwise.