What do you say to a jungle that misses every smite on dragon and baron ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iite

02-23-2013

I'm at a loss for words, Could use some advice.

Uyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

**** you repot hecarim for not smiting baron omfg you ****ing noob fml uninstall

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

hold abilities after the first screw up just so you can do it yourself.

usually i'll hear "dat smite" or whatever and it motivates me to not mess up the next time.

Dark Vanitas

02-23-2013

Just tell them..to try abit harder, missing those smites can cost a game...tell them to be abit more carfeul with the smites (or take the harsh route and say "NOOB GO KILL YOURSELF AND DONT PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN!"

VÆN

02-23-2013

Guys I'm pretty sure he is the jungler..

Battledogg45

02-23-2013

Its difficult for me, cause you never know when your teammates will try to burst, and it becomes a random thing for who gets it i think. I dont get outsmited much, but it isnt easy figuring out when to smite exactly.

And it was K

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
usually i'll hear "dat smite" or whatever and it motivates me to not mess up the next time.
This. I'm still pretty bad at timing Smite under pressure. I'm just starting to finally get comfortable with the role, though. I'll keep practicing. x_X

And the proper response to a failed Smite is [Jungler's Name]24.

Mansa TChalla

02-23-2013

I can't smite worth ****. I missed a smite with lee sin on baron.. If you think about his q and how lvl 18 smite is 1k that's really bad. I always freak out

Little Joster

02-23-2013

As simple as it might sound, just tell him to left click the target, whether it be dragon or baron, so he can see it's actual health in numbers. Then have him scroll over his smite to see exactly how much damage it will do.

For the longest time I never left clicked important targets to see when was the perfect time to smite them (or even check to see how much damage my smite actually did at that level). It makes a huge difference and they might just not know any better.

DrDivine

02-23-2013

Tell them to use their abilities to burst down the objective right before using smite. I'll give an example:

You're Vi. You're taking dragon, and your smite deals 670 damage. You know that the enemy Hecarim is right behind the dragon wall, with a ward, waiting to R into the pit and steal the dragon.

Here's what you do. Right when the dragon reaches about say 950, quickly combo your Q, E, and the third proc from W to instantly burst down the dragon from 950 to about 670, and then use your smite before Hecarim even has a chance to register that dragon is already gone. Most of the time, the Hecarim will only charge in once the dragon reaches about 670. If not, your team needs to CC and burst his ass down before continuing to take dragon.

Hope this helps.