An opinion on Darius change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AquaDragon42

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
I think the lowest CD on his ult is like 80 secs. That's a lot. And in early it's 2 mins. That is running through the map 2 times
They only changed his early cd, his late game cd is still the same. It just seems longer because most Darius players never let their ult go on cd. Just make sure you ult on high priority enemies. I think this change might actually make his ult more interesting to use because you will have to make the decision between an easy kill or saving it for later when you might really need it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AquaDragon42

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
Oh right.
I just thought that if you have your ult on cooldown, you Apprehend and Decimate and teemo is just running with move quick (2 secs boost. short) You cannot do anything because you used it all when you pulled him and you cannot use your 450 range ult to finish him.
most top laners are not ranged, but if you hate Teemo then we deffinetly have something in common.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummonersRiftPlz

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Tonight View Post
People forgot Darius got a lot of weaknesses already. His strength is on melee fights, but that does not mean he's unkillable.

Okay, I know that he gets free cleaver, god damn true damage.

But in teamfights? He gets poked and kited 24/7, he mostly starts fight at 50%-75% HP unless there's someone on your team willing to open the way for him (but who wants to open a way for a bruiser in a Bronze-level games, where Darius is viable?).

Also, people now forgot that his Q deals little damage if you stick to him.

Last thing, League of Warmogs destroys Darius already, yet another nerf.

Sigh.
Stay positive still
Remember in full rank, his ult has 350 true damage or so.
Plus 5 stacks of hemorrage it's doubled and it's 680 true damage or so (edit and found the true dmg is capped at 680)
It scales 1:0.75 with ad. So with 350 AD which is prebably your prefinal build, you got almost 1k damage from which 680 is undenyable and this huge damage comes from an ult that may go on cooldown only after 12 secs of not killing people. Or, unlike Garen's ult, you can use it in full potential no matter how is your enemy's HP. So you can use it as a burst also, like most ultimates.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummonersRiftPlz

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
most top laners are not ranged, but if you hate Teemo then we deffinetly have something in common.
I hate teemo haha


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummonersRiftPlz

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
They only changed his early cd, his late game cd is still the same. It just seems longer because most Darius players never let their ult go on cd. Just make sure you ult on high priority enemies. I think this change might actually make his ult more interesting to use because you will have to make the decision between an easy kill or saving it for later when you might really need it.
That's also something that is positive
I think that gives Darius players more thought on the ult


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AquaDragon42

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
Stay positive still
Remember in full rank, his ult has 300 true damage or so.
Plus 5 stacks of hemorrage it's doubled and it's 600 true damage or so
It scales 1:0.75 with ad. So with 300 AD which is prebably your prefinal build, you got almost 1k true damage from an ult that may go on cooldown only after 12 secs of not killing people. Or, unlike Garen's ult, you can use it in full potential no matter how is your enemy's HP. So you can use it as a burst also, like most ultimates.
Also, if he is seen as "defanged" in lane after this tweek I am sure Riot will compensate with a small buff or something....though if they do I am hoping this buff is not to his ult. True damage with AD scaling is strong enough on it's own.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummonersRiftPlz

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
Also, if he is seen as "defanged" in lane after this tweek I am sure Riot will compensate with a small buff or something....though if they do I am hoping this buff is not to his ult. True damage with AD scaling is strong enough on it's own.
It makes him Darius.
My thoughts on Darius: (look at it AquaDragon so we can exchange thoughts.)
Decimate is great with the edge and grip difference. Gives the skill thought.
Apprehend is great.
Crippling Strike is good but 5 stacks on hemorrage is not easy to get I suppose. But it's fine.
Ult: well, as said in the whole post.

I find Crippling strike can have a buff


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AquaDragon42

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
That's also something that is positive
I think that gives Darius players more thought on the ult
when I ult with Wukong, Malphite or Hecarim (aoe ults) I always hold back untill I can prefferbly hit at least 3 members of the opposing team. Because of this when I ult into a team fight my team quickly gets the advantage.

Thes ults made me pick and choose when I used them very carefully, which to me made the move very interesting to use and interesting to try and work against. I believe these changes to Darius will help make him much more interesting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummonersRiftPlz

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
when I ult with Wukong, Malphite or Hecarim (aoe ults) I always hold back untill I can prefferbly hit at least 3 members of the opposing team. Because of this when I ult into a team fight my team quickly gets the advantage.

Thes ults made me pick and choose when I used them very carefully, which to me made the move very interesting to use and interesting to try and work against. I believe these changes to Darius will help make him much more interesting.
Yep. totally agree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AquaDragon42

Senior Member

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
It makes him Darius.
My thoughts on Darius: (look at it AquaDragon so we can exchange thoughts.)
Decimate is great with the edge and grip difference. Gives the skill thought.
Apprehend is great.
Crippling Strike is good but 5 stacks on hemorrage is not easy to get I suppose. But it's fine.
Ult: well, as said in the whole post.

I find Crippling strike can have a buff
if Crippling Strike resets the attack timer like other enhanced auto attacks you can wait untill just after you land an auto attack and then use Crippling Strike on them. This alone will put 2 stacks of Hemorrhage on the opponent, this lowering the cd of Crippling strike by 2 seconds by this quick combo alone.