Team Savants - Need 6th (Top/Mid)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kedwards1

02-23-2013

Team Savants is currently looking for a 6th to fill either Top or Mid roll. We are a dedicated team which puts a lot of time into practice, whether for soloq or to advance us further as a team. We are looking for someone who will not mind being a 6th, this DOES NOT mean you will not get playing time. We value real life over our internet lives so there may be times that someone is not able to make it on, thus needing a 6th.

Here are a few requirements:

Gold IV or Higher SoloQ (Gold V will be considered if you maintain activity in SoloQ)
Priority when not practicing with team: SoloQ
Must main Top or Mid Lane and have champs and able to play opposite position
Be able to practice Monday, Wednesday, and Friday @ 9pm EST (We go till we dead)
18+ (Older candidates will have higher priority)
Wide champion pool (At least 5 for each lane plus a minimum of 55 total (Half))
Undefined weekends availability for tournaments

Please be wary of requirements as they are all mandatory. We will not consider anything less...we've had bad experiences in the past with those that do not meet these minimums. If you would like to speak further about the team or for a tryout please contact me in-game "kedwards1". Happy gaming from Team Savants and good luck.

kedwards1

02-24-2013

Still looking

kedwards1

02-25-2013

Bump

Ralik360

02-25-2013

I would apply, but im Silver II, almost reaching Silver I though. If you are interested my ign is Ralik360 and my main Top/Mid champs are Nasus, Kayle, Syndra and Garen. Im skilled at other champs too, these are the ones i have used recently.

Nightraged

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Added kedwards1 in game.

Ralik360, we played together. You took top despite that I called and was placed above you. Due to the number 1 slot on our team asking, I went support. You went on to say that game that you 'needed' the jungler to camp your lane so that you could carry our team. The Wukong lane opponent got extremely fed, roamed and took all 3 turrets and helped his team get far ahead in gold and win the game.

If you are looking to join a team, I suggest you lose the what the team 'needs to do for you' mentality and ask yourself, "What can I do for my team?" If that involves dropping Nasus as a main champion, then thats what I would suggest. Since our game, I progressed from Silver II to Silver I and am already half way to my series for going Gold.

Lets look at your last 5 Nasus game stats:

W 9/11/7
L 0/2/0
L 2/7/4
L 1/7/4
W 7/13/7

I don't think a Solo Queue requirement for a team is unreasonable. Its a good test for basic skill and would show if you have something to offer to your team every game. I personally would not play with a Nasus top in a competitive environment unless I knew he was a tested veteran that had proven himself over and over.

In Solo Queue, its all about what you will bring to each and every game to your random team. Things such as getting extremely fed/farmed and carrying hard, warding and helping with team sight, luring the enemy jungler top but wasting his time by avoiding death are just a few examples. By putting your team in a situation where the jungler of your team will need to camp your lane will pull away assistance other lanes may have gotten. This will hinder your team each and every game unless it is utilized to kill your lane opponent and take your lane turrets.

Just some possibly useful information for you here since we have played and I now know you are considering looking for a team.

Ralik360

02-25-2013

I know Nasus has many cons, the hardest being the fact that his early game isnt very great, and if he cant farm on that phase he will not be useful enough for the whole team. Although my stats with Nasus arent very great, he can be a nightmare when you play him correctly (9 wins in a row.). I have just started to get bad at top lane because the people i faced always pushed my lane, playing like real pros and not letting me farm and i thought if the jungler camped a bit i could farm a little and get the upper hand on mid-late game, although it didnt worked.

Thanks for pointing my mistakes out as it helps me to make myself a better player. Good luck finding that 6th pick!

Nightraged

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

I was not accepted to the team, good luck to anyone else who has interest in joining.

kedwards1

02-27-2013

Still looking for a 6th.

DimaKTG

02-27-2013

I'm silver III (just got demoted), but I have experience playing with diamond players, and can play 109 champions well through all lanes, but I primarily focus on top/mid for yolo queue.