Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Give me one GOOD reason why I should let someone who calls a role first, have it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireZ42

02-23-2013

Because you didn't lock in.

TurtleSmurph

02-23-2013

Give me one reason why you think the role belongs to you?

kentuckychicken

02-23-2013

They call what they are good at maybe? And maybe they suck at everything else?

Z0nne

02-23-2013

Quote:
Halcione:
If he called it that's his best role.

Would you rather:
A- have a team-mate playing on his prime on a role he's really comfortable with.

or:

B- A jungler that's not only terrible at that role, but also pissed at his team for not communicating in champ select and just rushing w/e they wanted, shoving him into the role.

It's called communication. If you both want the same role, see which one of the two can fill another necessary role.

Call > Pick is bullsht
Pick > Call is bullsht

Communicate. Pick order and call order don't matter. If the 2 roles left are support and jungle, the other guy can't jungle too well, and you can have both but simply want to support, don't be a stubborn dck and ruin the game for the team.

Refusing to be flexible because you pick first is just as bad as refusing to be flexible because you called it first. Bloody communicate and stop being dcks.

Man, your making too much sense, GTFO of GD!

GON the Mage Guy

02-23-2013

Quote:
tempname950:
Generally they're not. I never call ADC or support because I suck at relying on someone during laning phase. I need a solo role to make my own plays.

That's what everyone claims, and that's why top and mid are the quickest called every game.

I understand where you're coming from, but you could, like, try asking. You may not care about the 4 random strangers, but you're stuck with them for awhile completing an objective. Might as well be reasonable. This doesn't translate into "give them anything they want," but you have, what, 3-4 minutes in champ select in Draft? Is that not enough time to talk to people?

Halcione

02-23-2013

Quote:
Z0nne:
Man, your making too much sense, GTFO of GD!

Lol, threads like these make me want to, but then I realize my code is still compiling, and I don't have sht to do :/

Charles87

02-23-2013

well... sometimes people are stuck playing certain roles - (IE support adc) and want to play a different role for a change.

You dont ever think but these people are really the people you may be bashing. No one wants to work together, but it may be that person who understands playing as a team together (because they get stuck bot lane all the time) - that wants the role of mid or jungle or top. Not only so they can play that role but use their understanding of team play to will you to a victory...

But thats the problem - as stated before - no one wants to work together in a team game - until when working together counts - then its always someones fault (but yours).

/2cents

Sweagen

02-23-2013

Quote:
tempname950:
Don't care. If I want a role, I'm going to take it. Why would I spend 20-50 minutes of my free time doing something I don't want to do?

thought this was about ranked

tempname950

02-23-2013

Quote:
Little Joster:
You're not spending 20-50 minutes of your free time to play "Top lane" or "Mid". You're spending 20-50 minutes to play League of Legends. It's a team game, and you don't always get to play your favorite role or champ.

You know what games are the most fun? The ones where your team works together and succeeds. Not the one where you won your solo top lane but the rest of your team struggled and you sit there and call them noobs for not winning their lane. Even pro's don't always get to fill the roster in the spot they most want. They understand that they have to be flexible in order to fit the team's needs.

I'm not saying that role calling is king, I'm just saying sometimes you need to act like a reasonable adult.

I do. Because nobody else picks my champion but me

Z0nne

02-23-2013

Quote:
Halcione:
Lol, threads like these make me want to, but then I realize my code is still compiling, and I don't have sht to do :/

What are you compiling? I'm just learning Javascript, give me a hand =p