Give me one GOOD reason why I should let someone who calls a role first, have it.

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grockk

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
Yes, but I don't care. Troll away my good friend, I'm still having a good time.
then what are you complaining about? why are you creating temporary accounts for the forums when you could be playing?

LyraEsBestPony

02-23-2013

because they are generally better at the role they called then any other role in the game.

though lets be honest allot of idiots call the role they want to play at the time and not the role they're good at

tempname950

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerensky287 View Post
Because empathy is the cornerstone of civilization?
I have empathy for friends, acquaintances, and family. I don't know you, why should I care about you? I don't have enough empathy or patience for every single person in the world. You could die tomorrow and I would most likely never hear, nor care about it.

tempname950

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grockk View Post
then what are you complaining about? why are you creating temporary accounts for the forums when you could be playing?
This isn't a temporary account. I've used this for months. My 30 account is forum banned.

I'm not complaining. Someone tried to make the argument with me in-game that it's 'curteousy'. I replied to him "what have you done to earn my curteousy?"

tempname950

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyraEsBestPony View Post
because they are generally better at the role they called then any other role in the game.

though lets be honest allot of idiots call the role they want to play at the time and not the role they're good at
Generally they're not. I never call ADC or support because I suck at relying on someone during laning phase. I need a solo role to make my own plays.

Little Joster

02-23-2013

Quote:
Don't care. If I want a role, I'm going to take it. Why would I spend 20-50 minutes of my free time doing something I don't want to do?
You're not spending 20-50 minutes of your free time to play "Top lane" or "Mid". You're spending 20-50 minutes to play League of Legends. It's a team game, and you don't always get to play your favorite role or champ.

You know what games are the most fun? The ones where your team works together and succeeds. Not the one where you won your solo top lane but the rest of your team struggled and you sit there and call them noobs for not winning their lane. Even pro's don't always get to fill the roster in the spot they most want. They understand that they have to be flexible in order to fit the team's needs.

I'm not saying that role calling is king, I'm just saying sometimes you need to act like a reasonable adult.

Sinister Sexy

02-23-2013

Because the person is suffering from a life-threatening malignant type cancer and will die tomorrow. This was their last final wish before death, to play the role they called before you.

Halcione

02-23-2013

Quote:
Just give me one good one and I'll capitulate. I will refute all crappy reasons you give.
If he called it that's his best role.

Would you rather:
A- have a team-mate playing on his prime on a role he's really comfortable with.

or:

B- A jungler that's not only terrible at that role, but also pissed at his team for not communicating in champ select and just rushing w/e they wanted, shoving him into the role.

It's called communication. If you both want the same role, see which one of the two can fill another necessary role.

Call > Pick is bullsht
Pick > Call is bullsht

Communicate. Pick order and call order don't matter. If the 2 roles left are support and jungle, the other guy can't jungle too well, and you can have both but simply want to support, don't be a stubborn dck and ruin the game for the team.

Refusing to be flexible because you pick first is just as bad as refusing to be flexible because you called it first. Bloody communicate and stop being dcks.

ExiIed Morgana

02-23-2013

Because if they call it then chances are they'll do better in that role than another one, so you're less likely to gimp your team by sending a weaker player somewhere they're weak.

Blµe

02-23-2013

Quote:
Don't care. If I want a role, I'm going to take it. Why would I spend 20-50 minutes of my free time doing something I don't want to do?
Your responses are quite entertaining. Maybe they want that role (the same way you want a role)? And maybe they're not as big of a ******bag as you are, and therefore they are willing to communicate with the team that they would like that role instead of just locking it in like you?

12345612 ... 13