Would you like to play co-op or custom for as long as you want and still gain xp

Yes i would like to earn xp in co-op or custom without limitation 49 61.25%
No i'm fine with a 2 hour limit 31 38.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

ATTENTION RIOT EMPLOYEE"S!!! I would like riot to remove the cutoff for co-op games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kr1sys

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Arch View Post
The thing is you don't really learn a whole lot against bots.

The limit encourages players to not farm easy games and like someone said earlier, bot games will not prepare you at all for ranked.

I play bot games for my guaranteed win of the day, or if I want to try a champ.
Not everyone plays for ranked, and if they do want to encourage it, stop xp gains, and not IP gains after a time period.

Stahrr

02-23-2013

If they're worried about people getting to lvl 30 against bots only and then ruining ranked games for experienced people, why don't they just make it so that you have to play so many normal games to unlock ranked games? Seems like an easy fix to me. There are a lot of people who only play bot games because it's relaxed and fun, and have no interest in playing ranked. Why should they punished for not wanting to be super competitive?

ValorAndGlory

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
The reason it doesn't offer xp for an infinite amount of co op games is because you used to be able to level to 30 through co op, and you would learn nothing about PVP, and be eligible for ranked after buying a few 450 champs(which you would have done while leveling up).

This is unacceptable because ranked is for competitive play, not first timers.
What to do you mean use to, I have three accounts and all are level 30 thanks to co-op only, I don't plan on playing normals with out a 5 man premade so that way I don't get reported for just being a bad player and I rarely custom but I do, do it.

I do agree with the cut off in ranked though because as you stated it is to for first timers.

xSedationx

02-23-2013

I'm not sure it would take riot any time at all to change it. also like zaunga said very rarely am i looking to play pvp and when i do i play smartly, i don't and never will expect a human to play like a bot. the thing is pvp requires a level of determination and focus that if i don't have then i'm not going to enter into a pvp queue but that kind of leave's me with no option except co-op which i enjoy very much and others seem to as well but it suck's to play and gain absolutely nothing.the issue is after level 15, after 2 hour's you gain no xp or ip.what this is about is that i don't wish to be dictated too how long i can play something i enjoy because riot want's me to pvp and maybe i don't want to, some of you will say don't play lol then, i say this a simple request and it hurts no one because frankly if someone doesn't have they're **** together do you want them in your game of pvp? or would you like them to go off and play custom and leave it to you and your fellow pvper's?because i'm not sure if any amount of pvp will make them better if they're heart isn't in it.

xSedationx

02-23-2013

also if someone levels from 1-30 in bot matches what makes you think they're playing pvp anyway? secondly whats the difference between them and a level 1 with no mastery's and no runes? both are equally ill prepared one can at least slightly defend oneself and has a general idea what to do.

xSedationx

02-23-2013

though i guess the level 30 will be matched with another level 30 who is viciously competitive and goal oriented.

Teralisan

02-23-2013

eh
I might play normals one day...
if I ever have the connection/comp to actually be able to expect to have a good game that is lag/bug free...
otherwise I am sticking to Co Op where I can have fun and derp and not get ppls raging(unlees one does something utterly imbecilic)

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
The reason it doesn't offer xp for an infinite amount of co op games is because you used to be able to level to 30 through co op, and you would learn nothing about PVP, and be eligible for ranked after buying a few 450 champs(which you would have done while leveling up).

This is unacceptable because ranked is for competitive play, not first timers.
is it really Co-OP's fault though? Pretty sure the constant forum threads and percieved Elo hell say that bad players will always be dumb.