Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Several Nidalee tweaks for PBE to fix the silly balance change =P

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementSteel

02-23-2013

Quote:
ÄHeroNamedHawke:
Darius runs into melee range too

15/30/45 armor/MR every time he uses Decimate kthx

Look at Darius' base stats. How do they compare to Nidalee's? Darius doesn't need the boost, but Nid does so that she can actually survive in melee range.

Sagee Prime

02-23-2013

Quote:
ÄHeroNamedHawke:
Darius runs into melee range too

15/30/45 armor/MR every time he uses Decimate kthx

Nidalee is ranged with ranged stats and gains melee stats when she goes melee. she typically has a bit higher armor and MR than other melees because her hp is much lower than their's but with the bonus armor and MR she has comparable EHP.

Darius already has melee stats because he is melee and never becomes ranged.

He has higher base armor, armor per level, and he gets 1.25 MR per level as well.

Quote:
Katsuni:

I swear, nerfmaster suck town should go elsewhere. Morello trends towards err'ing on the side of the nerfbat, but at least he usually thinks it through and has a reason for such, even if we may not agree with the reason. =P

I would like to point out that Morello is no longer part of champion balance. That role is in someone else's hands now. Morello is now the lead content designer instead of the lead champion designer. Also you are dealing with a very small portion of the lol community on the forums.

A lot of the ones that hate Nidalee tend to play either dominion, co-op vs AI or murder bridge aka ARAM.

I'm sure the balance team has plans for Nidalee and that they wouldn't so hastly drop such a heavy handed nerf on Nidalee but just the fact that it is there on the PBE is depressing. They are hitting all the wrong areas.

Hell if its her damage spike she gets at level 6 then equal out her base damage gains and lower her base damages while increasing the ratios.

For instance her highest gains from her ult are at lvl 6 and accounts for about 50% of the total base damage instead of 33%

Takedown:
40/70/100 (+100% AD)

Pounce:
125/175/225 (+40% AP)

Swipe:
150/225/300 (+40% AP)

See how high her level 6 base damages are yet the gains are quite low afterwards and the scaling on pounce and swipe(especially swipe) are quite poor.

Katsuni

02-23-2013

Yarr, Sagee, but I think the point is as stated; it's not really her damage in kitty that is worrying. It's an 0.8 AP ratio, and 1.0~2.0 AD ratio (that can't crit; if it crits, it only deals crit damage and removes the AD double damage bonus. Sad, I know, so no quadradamage crits ;_; ).

The point is quite clear that the issue is them nerfing her defenses is because she's too hard to kill when running away, since a mere 30/43.5 armour/mr buff is flat out not enough to make her invulnerable in melee range. It's a nice boost in melee, but most certainly not unbalanced by any means.

Also thanks, I hadn't been aware that Morello had been moved in position =3

Wishing Umbreon

02-26-2013

Bump because Nidalee shouldn't be ignored.

Katsuni

02-27-2013

Quote:
Wishing Umbreon:
Bump because Nidalee shouldn't be ignored.

This is true of all cats. Except Thundercats. I think we can all agree that Snarf deserves little else than to be ignored.