Sincere question: What is cs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexperiments

02-23-2013

Hi. I'm a pretty new player to LoL- my main's not even level 20, nowhere near Ranked gameplay- and I have one really, really big question.

What does 'cs' mean?

I know it doesn't mean 'killsteak', because that's 'ks', right? I've seen people use 'cs' a lot in forums where I thought 'ks' would fit. I'm incredibly confused about the meaning of 'cs', and think I'll really need to learn before I ever go into Ranked.

EDIT: Also, the terms 'zoning' and 'snowballing'. I can guess what they mean, but I'm not quite sure.

Felaedor

02-23-2013

Creep Score.

In DotA, minions are called Creeps.

Ouroboro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Counterstrike.

creepscore/minion kills

Renegade Paladin

02-23-2013

Creep score. It's a holdover from Defense of the Ancients' term for what LoL calls minions, and it's the number of minions and jungle monsters you kill.

Edit: This should help.

Fluffy Taejar

02-23-2013

Creep Score. How many minions you have killed.

ShickenChit

02-23-2013

creep score, it's how many minion kills you have.
example 'CS more please' means last hit minions more. giving you more gold.

RagnellRising

02-23-2013

cs means creep score. Which is basically different wording for how well you're farming minions.

RagnellRising

02-23-2013

zoning is basically being able to keep someone at a distance/away from some sort of objective using just the pressure of your abilities. For example a Taric in bottom lane could zone the enemy carry and support with the threat of his impending stun. Zoning is a bit more complicated, but thats the basics of it.

Snowballing basically means getting a kill or two early and then having a huge lane advantage that allows you to get really far ahead of the opposing laner. Some champs tend to be better at doing this than others.

George Pataka

02-23-2013

Zoning is keeping people away from minions so when the minions die they get no xp and they cant cs.
Snowballing is when you get a kill and the gold allows you to become really powerful by buying an item and allows you to get kills much easier which allows you to buy more items

SteelerKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

CS = Minion kills

Zoning = The distance of champions to other champions and minions. Generally you use this term to describe the act of driving an enemy off far enough from minions so they aren't able to gain exp or farm anymore, which is called "zoning out" somebody.

Snowballing = like a snowball in the winter, the longer it rolls the bigger it becomes. A champ who snowballs is a champ that profits immensely from gaining gold advantage and can use his gold advantage to set a domino effect into movement.