Do Yordles get along with humans?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sweagen

02-23-2013

I feel like Yordles have a completely separate culture from humans; they hang out in their own city and in most of the Yordles' lore they don't really talk about humans. (Veigar went insane due to his isolation from other Yordles). I've even seen it suggested in the forums that Yordles might be racist since nobody is allowed into Bandle City but Yordles?

I mean, we have exceptions like Kennen in the triumvirate with Shen and Akali but do Yordles in general get along with humans?

Sweagen

02-23-2013

The height differences might play into it too... would be intimidating for a Yordle to talk to a human :/

Ayemageyene

02-23-2013

Veigar went insane in a Noxus' prison which is different from a Demacia prison, FYI. There's a big difference given the society. Just saying.

Lulu's Alice in Wonderland adventure definitely makes it sound like there is a Yordle land. ;D

shadooklaw

02-23-2013

Dunno really... I'd imagine them not getting along too too well with Noxians. Also, doesn't this belong in the Lore Forum?

Alphazonex

02-23-2013

Yordles are a delicacy.

ChampStat

02-23-2013

Well, the lore gives us some hints behind the Yordle's culture and purpose. Bandle City is built around a broken-down rocket called the Mothership. The apparent intended purpose behind building Bandle City was to give the Yordles a place ot live while they got the Mothership "ready." It seems to have been so long that nobody knows why it needs to be ready, or what to actually do to make it ready.

My personal opinion is that the Yordles were extraterrestials on a space cruise who crashed into Runeterra. They built a temporary settlement while they tried to fix their spaceship and leave, but for some reason they couldn't fix it. Fast-forward a few hundred(?) years, and the Yordle civilization seems to have forgotten where thye came from.

12fingerJIM

02-23-2013

Some do some don't. I believe Rumble doesn't like Heimerdinger because he doesn't think yordles should share all of their technology with humans, which is when he left to build Tristy

Sweagen

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fingerJIM View Post
Some do some don't. I believe Rumble doesn't like Heimerdinger because he doesn't think yordles should share all of their technology with humans, which is when he left to build Tristy
Good guy Heimerdinger

Quote:
Well, the lore gives us some hints behind the Yordle's culture and purpose. Bandle City is built around a broken-down rocket called the Mothership. The apparent intended purpose behind building Bandle City was to give the Yordles a place ot live while they got the Mothership "ready." It seems to have been so long that nobody knows why it needs to be ready, or what to actually do to make it ready.

My personal opinion is that the Yordles were extraterrestials on a space cruise who crashed into Runeterra. They built a temporary settlement while they tried to fix their spaceship and leave, but for some reason they couldn't fix it. Fast-forward a few hundred(?) years, and the Yordle civilization seems to have forgotten where thye came from.
I've never actually heard of this but that's really interesting!!!
Sounds kinda plausible too considering Yordles are essentially small humanlike creatures
But aliens... haha