Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it me , or is spirit of the elder lizard better than...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerasDominicus

02-23-2013

... Wriggles lantern ?

Sure , it costs more gold ( 900g more expensive ) , but really , if you're patient with your money spending and manage to buy that , your DPS increases dramaticaly . I used to be a fan of wriggles and only wriggles , but now I see the major difference in stats.

TerasDominicus

02-23-2013

Now , the ward on the lantern is pretty nifty . But as a jungler I always buy wards when Im back for shopping anyway.

Matty857

02-23-2013

Quote:
Cyriacos:
... Wriggles lantern ?

Sure , it costs more gold ( 900g more expensive ) , but really , if you're patient with your money spending and manage to buy that , your DPS increases dramaticaly . I used to be a fan of wriggles and only wriggles , but now I see the major difference in stats.

Perhaps that's why it's better?

TerasDominicus

02-23-2013

Quote:
Matty857:
Perhaps that's why it's better?

But the dillema is , you can buy one of two . If you buy both you are wasting gold.

Felaedor

02-23-2013

Quote:
Cyriacos:
But the dillema is , you can buy one of two . If you buy both you are wasting gold.

Actually, if your definition of wasting gold is "spending it on stats that aren't good for anything but PvE" you're still wasting it by buying one.

And considering both of them stack fully (the Wriggles proc is actually multiplied by the %damage on the Spirit stone items, giving you some pretty ridiculous objective speed...not worth actually doing most of the time, but it should be said), really not sure what you mean.

Matty857

02-23-2013

Quote:
Cyriacos:

It's not really a dilemma, it's a question of sustain/jungle clear speed vs ganking power. They fill completely different roles, personally I don't like spirit of the elder lizard, or any of those items. I feel like if your character is strong enough to clear the jungle without wriggles, you don't really need to invest in those items, and should just rush straight to your core build. The only time I get those sorts of items is on mana hungry characters... It's really just preference / what is required in a game by game basis.

A Swarm of Koala

02-23-2013

Quote:
Cyriacos:

Why would you buy both? one jungle item is plenty.

XxxLumberJackxxX

02-23-2013

The two items do completely different things, and are at different price points.

Not sure why you are comparing them.

Wriggles lantern-secure dragon/baron faster. Provide sustain during fights (Armor and lifesteal). Cheaper.
Lizard Elder-More dmg in fights, more sustain between fights.

TerasDominicus

02-23-2013

Quote:
A Swarm of Koala:
Why would you buy both? one jungle item is plenty.

Thats what I am saying . Under which circumstances will you choose to buy lizard elder over wriggles.

Halcione

02-23-2013

Quote:
Cyriacos:
... Wriggles lantern ?

Wriggle's lantern is a more jungling item, while spirit of lizard elder is more of an actual fighting item.

If you are going to be fighting enemy champions a lot, like you have a heavy gank oriented champion like Hecarim, it's really better to get spirit of lizard elder.

If you are going for a more farm/counter-jungling jungler (lol shyvana), wriggles is better, not only does the free ward let you make riskier plays (guard entrance to enemy blue while you steal) but also give assistance to other lanes when they can't ward themselves. The proc is also a million times better than spirit of lizard elder in terms of clear speed, making counter-jungling safer.

Wriggles is really not a late game item though. In the rare cases where I get max items, I sell it for something like a Hydra (I like to keep the lifesteal stat).

In the current state of the jungle, anyone who can't gank 24/7 is practically sht (like shyvana), so yea, spirit of lizard elder is more useful overall right now. But it could change.