Season 3 Experience Modifiers Guide (Quints, Masteries and Zilean) with proof.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

02-23-2013

Season 3 Experience Modifier Guide

For those of us who are creative and curious finding a Tier 3 Quintessence which increases experience gained by 2% brings a lot of questions and a lot possibilities. Sure at first 6% exp gained over your opponent sounds like a wonderful thing and it IS powerful but only with the right kind of player! I spent uncountable hours in Robot games, random pvp’s, created games and ranked games experimenting with the many forms of experience altering and it is the goal of this guide to shed light on the UNDERUSED power that lies in the Experience Meta.
First off I will name the ways a player can make a choice to out experience their opponent.
1) 3x 2% experience quints for a total of 6%
2) 5% experience masteries in the Utility Tree
3) A little known but MUCH loved champion named Zilean who gives his entire team … 8%!
So the average player has a wide variety of experience choices at their disposal:
19% Zilean on team, Quints and Masteries
14% Zilean on team and Quints
13% Zilean on team and Masteries
11% Quints and Masteries
6% Quints
5% Masteries
Wait a minute! Before we go any further it is time to answer a VERY important question. Does out experiencing your opponent make a big difference at all? If so how can we measure the difference? After hundreds of games I can tell you exactly how many creeps it takes to level every single level for every position!

Let us take Middle Lane for example: Chart 1

Middle Lan Zilean + 11% (19%)
Char lvl at Time time
1 130 130
2 230 215
3 300 245
4 345 330
5 445 415
6 600 515
7 700 630
8 830 715
9 1000 830
10 1130 1000
11 1330 1100
12 1530 1230
13 1730 1415
14 1930 1600
15 2200 1745
16 2330 1945
17 2530 2145
18 2730 2330

Notice that with the maximum experience modifiers at their disposal a player with 19% more experience will hit lvl 6 45 seconds faster (A TON of time to use an alt and to plan a well timed gank). A lot of games end at the 20 min mark, Imagine your lvl 16 and your lane enemy is only lvl 14 (if you haven’t snowballed like an avalanche at that point). But there is an even more important illustration I will show you with the next chart.

Chart 2 other lanes compared to Middle lane.

Top Lane Jungler Bottom
Char lvl Time lvl
1 130 1 140 1 130
2 230 2 215 2 245
3 330 3 300 3 330
4 430 4 345 4 430
5 600 5 445 5 600
6 730 6 730 6 730
7 900 7 930 7 900
8 1030 8 1100 8 1045
9 1200 9 1400 9 1215
10 1330 10 1500 10 1345
11 1600 11 1700 11 1600
12 1730 12 1930 12 1800
13 1930 13 2130 13 2000
14 2200 14 2330 14 2230
15 2400 15 2600 15 2500
16 2600 16 2830 16 2730
17 2800 17 3100 17 3000
18 3100 18 3330 18 3300

Notice when you the Mid laner hit lvl 6 top lane is lvl 3, the jungler is lvl 4 and both bottom laners are lvl 3. That means the ENTIRE map is ripe for a gank, teleport gank and or coordinated gank. With a 3 level difference you would decimate the bottom lane. When you hit 16 these poor slobs will be lucky to be lvl 12. So as I am showing you we can see a noticeable advantage through experience gained in the lesser time it takes an experience modified champion to level over their lane opponent!

As previously stated I have in detail creep kills in order to level charts for every role and for every experience modifier. But now we will move on to the real meat of this guide!

The rise of the Experience Meta

What kind of person and team comp would gain the most from this type of Meta? Many champions immediately come to mind: Pantheon, Leblanc and Akali just for a few. You would want to pick a champion that when ahead in levels in the early game is very powerful.

Here is my humble first attempt at as Experience Meta team comp:

Top lane: Shen in full bruiser gear with Zilean exp and Quints for 14%. (Tele, Ignite)
Mid lane: Leblanc going for flat out AP burst with Zilean exp and Quints for 14%. (Tele, Ignite)
Jungler: Amumu with Zilean exp, Quints and Utility Masteries for 19%. (Tele, Smite)
ADC: Jayce in full ad burst gear with Zilean exp and Quints for 14%. (Tele, Ignite)
Support: Zilean going for flat AP with Zilean exp, Quints and Utility Masteries for 19%. (Tele, Exhaust)

Expectations for lvl 6:

Your Top lane hits lvl 6 at 6:45 a cool 45 sec before opponent.
Your Mid lane hits lvl 6 at 6:30 a full 30 sec before opponent.
Your Jungler hits lvl 6 at 5:45 a HUGE 1:30 sec before opponent.
Your ADC hits lvl 6 at 6:45 a cool 45 sec before opponent.
Your Zilean hits lvl 6 at 6:30 a bombtastic full Min before opponents.

Imagine this team snowballing out of control at the 7 min mark and never looking back to Champion League Glory. But just to show you the disparity this is what this team looks like at the 20 min mark.

Expectations at the 20 min mark:

Your Top lane hits 14 while his opponent is still 12.
Your Mid lane hits 15 while his opponent is still 13.
Your Jungler hits 14 while his opponent is still 12.
Your ADC and Zilean hit 14 while their opponents are still 12.

But this is a BEST case scenario for the opposing team, it is far more likely they will be huddling crying at their fountain praying for surrender since they are all below lvl 10 as you snowballed the living heck out of them!

So far I have talked about how an early game team can really snowball. So the advantages are obvious for a Pantheon type player who wants to crush their lane opponent. The most tangible advantage comes from the recommended experience modifiers I showed you. But even a more traditional team comp (even a late game team comp) could make use of a Zilean support. How? By simply gaining the 8% exp alone it will give a late game team comp the chance to overcome the 1-2 early kills they are likely to give up and help them survive in lane. Even going 0-2-0 simply with a Zilean support a late game team comp will out level their opponents to 18. That is quite an advantage to think about. While I did not show you even 10% of the data I collected I hope this guide to Experience Modifiers in Season 3 has whet your appetite. I am not the best player I never have been at any game (MTG, Chess, Yugioh) but where I excel is in strategy, synergy and research. There would be no higher compliment for this guide than for a few teams to try it out and reach the ultimate success of Challenger glory. For other guide feel free to take a look at my Tribunal guide “The Math behind the Tribunal”. Until my next post “You must bring me … a Shrubbery!”

TLDR Learn to read.

If you have any questions about specifics feel free to ask, I want to help.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Very interesting, aside from having to give up Quints, spec deep into the support tree, having to have 4 other friends who don't think you're retarded, its a pretty bad ass plan.

In fact, I could see something like this working wonders in a tournament style game, but you would need great coordination in order to make this work. The jungler seems to be the most highly effected, which in itself seems to be a reason to get experiance runes/support mastery.

If anything, this post intrigued me to say the least. Thanks, +1

M4nTiCoR3

02-23-2013

Any plan, executed well, is better than no plan at all. You can focus on amy number of game mwchanics and build a strategy around them. Stacking Exp is one such an example, and if executed with a dedicated team that will capitolize on those brief windows of oppertunity, it sure sounss like it can work.

The biggest flaw is this...your numbers are best case for yoir own team. If anyone dies, ganks, gets into a drawn out team fight, gets zoned out of xp early, ect. Your brief windows become ecen tighter or non existant.

The second flaw is that this is an all in win now strategy. Everyone hits level 18 eventually. If the game drags out and you dont take advantage of those windows of power to secure kills and objectives, you will find yourself in mid-late game with less than even footing. The enemy team will catch up and once they do, they still at the very least have runes and masteries that are meaningful, while your XP ones have paidall they are going to.

Not a horrible gimmick to run in a teams dedicated playbook for pubstomping lulz, but you wont be taking this into next seasons LCS methinks. Way to think ourside tge box though. Always good to see new ideas. Keep it up, and...

Stay Rock Solid,
-gap81

Great Pyrenees

02-23-2013

I really appreciate your feedback and would like to address your points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap81 View Post

The biggest flaw is this...your numbers are best case for yoir own team. If anyone dies, ganks, gets into a drawn out team fight, gets zoned out of xp early, ect. Your brief windows become ecen tighter or non existant.

The second flaw is that this is an all in win now strategy.

-gap81
Point 1) Well your assuming a worst case scenario for this team. In my leveling times I purposly removed assumed kills, dragon and baron exp. This means it already corrects itself for a few baseline deaths with the complete assurity of still being ahead in level. Yes these are brief levels for a very specific snowball Meta type team. All of the best teams create team comps to take advantage of very specific widows of opportunity and this one is simply a example of a Experience opportinity. I am sure we can all think of at least 20 champions who have a huge advantage in lane at a higher level than their opponet. I would like to assure you I have tables taking all factors into tedious account. These numbers are solid for a Experience Meta Comp.

Point 2) It has been my personal experience that 50% of the ranked games I play end in the first 20 mins. So yes this is a all in and win strategy, it takes advantage of Ranked players natural tendancy to want to move on to the next game without loosing too much of their play time for that day. This is a solid strategy. I would also like to point out you could you a much smaller Exp Modifier in a Late game team comp and still reap the benefits. For example Utility jungler exp, Zilean as support. A late game team comp will reduce their early game short comings by ever so slightly out leveling their opponets. So this strategy has many different levels of use.

I wholeheartedly appreciate your comments and hope I have addressed your concerns appropriatley. Have a good day )

Great Pyrenees

02-24-2013

Bump for more comments )

chronoshifter

02-25-2013

please be my friend if you would like to play with me in game, i love zilean, if i get mid i always play zilean.

and i like your thinking style. perhaps a Reign of gaming article submission?

Great Pyrenees

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoshifter View Post
please be my friend if you would like to play with me in game, i love zilean, if i get mid i always play zilean.

and i like your thinking style. perhaps a Reign of gaming article submission?
I literally have 30 charts on creeps per lvl based on role and conditions. I know for a fact the EXP meta can snowball the average ranked game into a fast win for the EXP team. I would love to post on RoG but I dont see a link where they allow emails or requests to submit articles. If you see one let me know ok ). Yes Zilean offers a HUGE innate advantage to his team. Furthermore you can play Top, Mid, Bot, Support Bot, and Jungle as Zilean (I have). So the secret is for the team to NOT DIE, wait to be up 1-2 lvls then multi tp in to start the snowball on Bot lane.

Great Pyrenees

03-24-2013

Bump because I love Zilean!

├nsem

05-11-2013

Don't know if this is a necro, sorry if it is... I've thought about trying out a team comp like this just yesterday and put some thought into it, so I googled it and came up with this.. It seems like it could be an effective way to make the enemy team ragequit early xD Point being, by the time the exp team hits 18 they'll probably already be in a huge gold/kill advantage over the other team and won't have a problem when they both hit 18... Seems like it would work with a bit of practice :P

Heavens Dominion

05-13-2013

A fun thought, but I believe that you forgot the fundamental problem with this entire line of thinking 1 of those characters is Zilean. He does next to nothing except give a bit of exp buff to allies. Sure he can put bombs on ppl/stuff, but when you play zil you are not necessarily going to build AP for the bombs, you build with CD reduc. so you can spam everything else.

Inherently, he has a speed/slow buff, a bomb, and a life save ult, and the next to useless skill that reduces ur CD's, mainly for your ult--which you will not be able to use because you burned all your mana trying to reduce the cooldown on ur ult.

meanwhile, the entire time, you could've picked a highly viable support like soraka and be on your way with a GG to your next game.

I'm not buying it yet. Ive played with zilean enough to know that he brings wayyy to many weaknesses to the table rather than strengths. Fun thoughts however. +1 for all your hard work you put in in-game