As a adc main, Doublift has put it perfectly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ARGorilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

It's true, as an ADC by 23 mins you have BT and PD or SS usually. A bruiser will have a sunfire + warmogs or randuins + warmogs by that time. Your autos hit for 60 damage until you get a LW to get through their armor. But even then you only hit for like 150, you need crit to shred through all the health (botrk helps too). ADCs are useless until 6 item late game, and even then it's very easy to get "HURR DURR IM OLAF" despite red, constant orb walking, escapes and flash being used.

Vayne and kog are about the only champs who can deal with health meta, and Vayne's range makes her extremely susceptible to being dove, all they have to do is bait her condemn once and she's ****ed. Kog is the same way, even if he's over a wall pew pewing their team, lee sin or jax drops a ward right next to him and jumps on him from it and he's just ****ed.

I'm not kidding I've gone 4/0 in lane as Cait got BT and SS by like 19 mins, their top laner was 1/4 with a sunfire and I couldn't do a single thing to him.

Mobility Creep + Health Meta = End of ADCs, at least until people start learning how to counter these things.

Mansa TChalla

02-23-2013

Well maybe if melee carries were useful then it wouldn't matter who the **** gets in your range. Just wuju their ass to death

iMRts

02-23-2013

BT is a poor item. Don't build it.

CJBulldogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to some ppl on this thread who keep trying to explain how good they have done with ADC in games (example Lockking778) and a few others but everyone of you are what alot would call "low elo" (lolking). Playing in low elo is a joke when it comes to being a carry and ppl have no knowledge on how to stop you/get to you/kill you and you basically can attack move into a teamfight and no one will jump on you...

Any ADC Main thats ill just say at least Gold or Higher have noticed how weak and unrewarding ADC has become in S3...in Plat/Diamond especially every single person on the enemy team knows to kill the ADC and have 2-3 ppl with gap closers that positioning correctly as an ADC doesn't matter...even if you do come across a team that knows to peel for you half the time it doesn't even matter unless you have a Kayle type of ultimate for you...

I agree that S2 ADC may have been a tad stronger then they should have been...but S3 did to many things to nerf adc.
1) Nerf'd all Attack Speed items but never reduced any Attack speed debuffs
2) Buff'd numerous anti-ad items (Randuins is ridiculous)
3) Nerf'd all ADC items either by cost or stats (IE, BT, LW)
4) HP stacking is to easy for anyone including assassins (any assassin or bruiser with warmogs can still kill you in seconds but your dmg output against them is subpar)
5) The amount of uncounterable gap closers that render positioning useless (Vi is the main culprit here with no counterplay against her ult)
6) Movespeed also nerf'd on main ADC items which makes kiting much harder
7) Nearly every item that is bought with HP+ has armor or a debuff to ADC (aegis/iron solari/randuins/sunfire/frozen heart)

I understand that ADC's shouldn't take control of the game early like some could back in S2 but getting 3 big dmg items (IE, PD, LW...9900 gold) should be the point where carrying starts to happen again but all a bruiser needs to counter this is Warmogs and a Randuins (5700 gold) and your dmg basically becomes useless again...Even full build ADC's going against half gold in items Bruisers still takes forever chopping them down and if they send 1-2 more ppl after you then its impossible to escape or do enough dmg in time to live with the amount of cc/gap closing/ anti adc items they have to counter you completely

TL: DR : ADC is too easily shutdown in higher lvl play (gold or higher) Too many Nerfs in multiple ways to ADC (AS nerfs, Dmg nerfs, anti adc item buffs, amount of gap closers, AS debuffs)

Supreme

02-23-2013

All hail Doublelifts current position on ADC's, as it's flawless. They're currently useless to a very high degree. Let's get some item buffs across the board and tank/brusier item nerfs to make everything copacetic.

Also also, my personal agenda, GIVE TRISTANA AD RATIOS, she's SO damn weak currently.

Zanzen Ahji

02-23-2013

Perhaps he added valid points in the youtube interview, but my point was that his 'conclusion' was that Riot ruined ADCs when the only evidence he provided was "randuins makes my life hard and Ez got nerfed and Cait + Nunu got nerfed". And then later he said I just feel like I'm not having any fun because my team makes me play people I don't like.

And yet through all the LCS teams consistently run all kinds of ADCs and those champs consistently have large impacts on the victory or defeat of their team. So yes, I don't believe he made any *good* points about ADCs being overnerfed in the little rant that the OP linked.

H Minnow

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
Ah typical "us against them". "if you disagree with me you must be one of dem!"

You still do late game damage - a lot of it. It still is a game where if the adc dies early in a fight for no collateral you lose the fight because they are the source of ranged right click damage.

Not to mention blade of ruined king is getting massive buffs to deal with HP stacking.

So ADC's have a few months where they don't get completely out of hand and you all cry? LOL Talk to supports and junglers about that.

The whole thing is good for the game too by the way. It should be an option to run an ADC rather than a requirement, just like any other role. It's healthier for the game when you have options instead of must do x must do y every single game.
Right now the options are scarce actually. AD assasins and both kinds of bruisers make great mids, bruisers own the top lane, AD or AP bruiser as well. Bruisers or AD assasins make the best junglers, and Personally me and my friend like running a Swain-Panth bot lane and it replaces needing an ADC at this point. You can literally make teams of 5 with no ADC, no Support, and No APC. For example, Darius Top, Zed Mid, Kha Jungle, Swain-Panth Bot kill lane. 3 Bruiser, 2 AD Assasin/Bruisers.

YellowDog7

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
The only good thing S3 did was make supports more interesting to play (even if half of the new support items are never used). Jungle = trash now. Adc = trash now. Ap = trash now.

Xypherous, what did you do?!
Everyone wants to play top and only top.

notanxj9smurf

02-23-2013

while i agree that AD carries feel significantly weaker than they used to, he's just looking for an out to blame

dogbiter

02-23-2013

i think bruisers could take a hit individually instead of ADC's receiving a Buff. or maybe both.