Diamond player's thoughts on AD carries' current state

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeRaider View Post
yep vayne got hit hard with her %max hp true dmg, she should bbe loving the hp stacking meta.
I believe he's referring to the fact that Randuin's is god tier when he says Vayne's in a bad spot, considering that's one of the few items that can actually shut down her Silver Bolts.

Elderlore

02-23-2013

Twitch and Draven seem to be pretty good still. Not sure how MF isn't viable either. I suppose Kog and Corki could work too. I don't think that an ADC should be able to 1v1 anything in the game. Maybe you will have better luck with the new ADC being released.

Voice 1

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Kalast View Post
Why even have an ADC on the team if they can't destroy lategame?

What's the point? Not their miserable damage during early game, not their giant target on their head or the fact that they only do damage with extremely expensive builds requiring massive farming?

There is NO point to ADC if ADC can't have the most devastating lategame of any character.
There is none. When I'm forced to ADC w/o duo Qing with my friend or getting Taric I just play J4 bot w/ Leona or something for level 2.

Twixiee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDmaiko View Post
I know we all got better things to do, but there's some sht I needa get off my chest. So I'll try to keep this as concise as possible.

But just to catch everyone up with the times, AD's fcking suck right now.

Basically what happened was that AD's got meganerfed and their biggest weakness, bruisers, got megabuffed, leading to essentially a two-pronged **** fisting that leaves AD's in the sht tier state that they're in right now. To the point the only AD's you can truly play anymore are Ezreal and Graves.

How are you going to nerf EVERY SINGLE ITEM that AD's use and, in turn, buff the SHlT out of bruisers?

IE, BT, LW, GA, QSS, PD, Vamp...everything. Nerfed.
Then cost efficiency for bruisers blasts through the roof. With the new defensive tree and cost values, the name of the game is "stack HP and win." Don't even get me started on how stupid Randuins' is.
So by 15 minutes the AD has a Bloodthirster and maybe a Doran's. The bruiser is stacked with 3000 health and the base damages to rip any AD a new one.
And as the icing on the very shtty cake, they even nerf BT, LW, and BC in efforts to tone down AD casters, not realizing they're even further hurting AD carries.

"Omgah what about da new items?"
BotRK and Runaan's suck on AD's. And I'd still get the nerfed-to-**** version of PD over Shiv 6 out of 7 days of the week.

My two cents.

tldr
AD sucks dck. You can love playing AD all you want, but if you care about your elo, stay the hell away from them.

PS: Ashe and Vayne were hit the hardest by the season 3 changes. Ashe used to be one of my favorite AD's, hitting a 70% winrate on my record. Now she's literally unplayable.

I do agree with you, but my question is.... because of this, why haven't bot kill lanes increased in popularity at all?! =[

KalastRaven

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderlore View Post
Twitch and Draven seem to be pretty good still. Not sure how MF isn't viable either. I suppose Kog and Corki could work too. I don't think that an ADC should be able to 1v1 anything in the game. Maybe you will have better luck with the new ADC being released.
In season 2, you couldn't necessarily 1v1 anything. But you could kill them in a short period of time, as long as they didn't unleash a heavy killing burst on you. Someone like a Shen against a full build ADC wouldn't be able to outdamage the lifesteal (or outdamage it strongly enough to put you down), but now with lifesteal, crit, and attack speed nerfed (and the removal of green elixir), you can never get strong enough to handle it.

KalastRaven

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixiee View Post
I do agree with you, but my question is.... because of this, why haven't bot kill lanes increased in popularity at all?! =[
I think there's still a lot of people who like the idea of playing ADC, and not a lot of people gutsy enough to try and go without it.

Atferd

02-23-2013

i see more and more ranked games with teams that dont have an adc, and they usually win. I completely agree with the OP, especially when facing a dive comp. Adc's just get completely shut down.

JoJoBeatsAll

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDmaiko View Post
I know we all got better things to do, but there's some sht I needa get off my chest. So I'll try to keep this as concise as possible.

But just to catch everyone up with the times, AD's fcking suck right now.

Basically what happened was that AD's got meganerfed and their biggest weakness, bruisers, got megabuffed, leading to essentially a two-pronged **** fisting that leaves AD's in the sht tier state that they're in right now. To the point the only AD's you can truly play anymore are Ezreal and Graves.

How are you going to nerf EVERY SINGLE ITEM that AD's use and, in turn, buff the SHlT out of bruisers?

IE, BT, LW, GA, QSS, PD, Vamp...everything. Nerfed.
Then cost efficiency for bruisers blasts through the roof. With the new defensive tree and cost values, the name of the game is "stack HP and win." Don't even get me started on how stupid Randuins' is.
So by 15 minutes the AD has a Bloodthirster and maybe a Doran's. The bruiser is stacked with 3000 health and the base damages to rip any AD a new one.
And as the icing on the very shtty cake, they even nerf BT, LW, and BC in efforts to tone down AD casters, not realizing they're even further hurting AD carries.

"Omgah what about da new items?"
BotRK and Runaan's suck on AD's. And I'd still get the nerfed-to-**** version of PD over Shiv 6 out of 7 days of the week.

My two cents.

tldr
AD sucks dck. You can love playing AD all you want, but if you care about your elo, stay the hell away from them.

PS: Ashe and Vayne were hit the hardest by the season 3 changes. Ashe used to be one of my favorite AD's, hitting a 70% winrate on my record. Now she's literally unplayable.
Shiv is better than PD in 6/7 cases, and you not using it is not helping you at all.

Ashe maintains a 50% win rate, and wasn't particularly crippled. Vayne was never good in solo queue.

Ezreal and Caitlyn are the ADs I'm seeing in tournaments, not Graves. MF makes appearances more often than Graves, and for good reason.

If you care about your elo, play Rumble, Singed, or Miss Fortune. Heck, play Kayle or learn Hecarim. They won't be getting real nerfs for a while.

KalastRaven

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Shadows View Post
Shiv is better than PD in 6/7 cases, and you not using it is not helping you at all.

Ashe maintains a 50% win rate, and wasn't particularly crippled. Vayne was never good in solo queue.

Ezreal and Caitlyn are the ADs I'm seeing in tournaments, not Graves. MF makes appearances more often than Graves, and for good reason.

If you care about your elo, play Rumble, Singed, or Miss Fortune. Heck, play Kayle or learn Hecarim. They won't be getting real nerfs for a while.
Release Vayne was great in solo Queue. That should be the "balance point" all ADCs are balanced around IMO. A Ranged carry should be scary!

Cynical Rain

02-23-2013

I agree. But before you complain about AD Carries, wtf about my AP Carries huh?

They're even worse.