Riot explain yourselves

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Terrorist

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
I like the part where people claim they copied a DotA 2 hero....when Elise was originally designed well over 3 years ago and scrapped, then brought back.

The fact that people complain about being 90% accurate in the Tribunal and claim everyone insta-punishes....is just funny. Because obviously the majority is disagreeing with you in 10% or more of your cases, but clearly EVERYONE JUST HITS PUNISH. That's why majority votes end up with 10% of your cases pardoned, right? Because everyone hits punish all the time?

Go figure, 90% of players who were trolling or annoying enough to make it to the Tribunal deserve to be there and receive punishment for it.

But it's okay, you'll just ignore my post and say "OH ROIT FANBOI" because you've already made up your mind and decided you're right, no matter what evidence or contrary opinions may be put in front of you.

From next page:
Notice this guys name is actually "Croney" with a couple letters added to mask his fanboy/Riot puppet identity?

Camen Sieder

02-23-2013

When these forums were new RIOT staff were nothing more than trolls. The only poster you could ever rely on to have something worthy of posting was tryndamere. I remember when pendragon would rage post lol

ReelezDahKraken

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos x Tempest View Post
asking a kid if he has a mental illness is not cool and is very offensive. just because a guy says something about another game doesnt give him the right to say that
Mostly this.

Everything else in the post was kinda meh. The language used to directly single out someone and mock them in such a manner is just not okay, especially coming from one of the lead designers.

Avec Espoir

02-23-2013

Probably doesn't happen often but that's just plain rude, your a professional. We SHOULDN'T do that, but you CAN'T do that, just because we can make harsh dumb comments about people we find "mentally retarded" doesn't give you, the professional, any right at all.

Cool Stuffz

02-23-2013

Just the few things I'd like to point out:

Tribunal doesn't give IP rewards anymore. That point is invalid. Also, a 90% accuracy in Tribunal from spamming punish isn't surprising. Has it occurred to you that most of the people in Tribunal are actually GUILTY? Weird, I know.

You're quote mining hard. I imagine that post you show from Iron Stylus is grossly out of context given that you ONLY showed his post.

While I can agree that certain posts from Morello are overly brash and aggressive given that he's supposed to be a professional, you can look at plenty of other posts by him giving detailed explanations without being aggressive or insulting.

Also, that BBB rating is mostly comprised of butt-hurt permabans who think they should get their money back. How is that even a valid point?

However, I can certainly agree with the tech problems Riot has had. I remember watching that train-wreck of the S2 world finals and just face-palming. I know they have server issues that really ought not to happen patch after patch. You'd think they'd fix those by now.

Yes, LoL has balance problems, but I think people underestimate the difficulty of balancing. I imagine it's a much more intricate process than we give credit for. No game is ever perfectly balanced, there will always be "top tier, mid tier, bottom tier" aspects of the game, though there are certainly diversity problems that should be addressed at the moment.

TDW Snowblind

02-23-2013

This looks like someone from the DoTa company screwing with peoples minds and trying to raise moral.

Morello did lose his cool, thats not a good thing, it shows immaturity and shouldn't be accepted, however photo-shop does exist and how can we trust that any of this is credible information. Why do you put riot up on the pedastal like there some kind of god? There human beings like you and me, human beings with emotions, and if you do a rain-check, nobody is perfect, not even Valve.

To rest my Case, OP is clearly trying to deter people from playing League of Legends with other peoples work, not his own, if anything he is the criminal and should be downvoted for not giving proper credit towards the people who had the balls too speak their own mind.

NA Terrorist

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjerry1 View Post

Tribunal doesn't give IP rewards anymore. That point is invalid. Also, a 90% accuracy in Tribunal from spamming punish isn't surprising. Has it occurred to you that most of the people in Tribunal are actually GUILTY? Weird, I know.

You're quote mining hard. I imagine that post you show from Iron Stylus is grossly out of context given that you ONLY showed his post.

While I can agree that certain posts from Morello are overly brash and aggressive given that he's supposed to be a professional, you can look at plenty of other posts by him giving detailed explanations without being aggressive or insulting.

Also, that BBB rating is mostly comprised of butt-hurt permabans who think they should get their money back. How is that even a valid point?

However, I can certainly agree with the tech problems Riot has had. I remember watching that train-wreck of the S2 world finals and just face-palming. I know they have server issues that really ought not to happen patch after patch. You'd think they'd fix those by now.

Yes, LoL has balance problems, but I think people underestimate the difficulty of balancing. I imagine it's a much more intricate process than we give credit for. No game is ever perfectly balanced, there will always be "top tier, mid tier, bottom tier" aspects of the game, though there are certainly diversity problems that should be addressed at the moment.
Shut your yap FANBOY!

Aakesh

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjerry1 View Post

Tribunal doesn't give IP rewards anymore. That point is invalid. Also, a 90% accuracy in Tribunal from spamming punish isn't surprising. Has it occurred to you that most of the people in Tribunal are actually GUILT? Weird, I know.

However, I can certainly agree with the tech problems Riot has had. I remember watching that train-wreck of the S2 world finals and just face-palming. I know they have server issues that really ought not to happen patch after patch.

Yes, LoL has balance problems, but I think people underestimate the difficulty of balancing. I imagine it's a much more intricate process than we give credit for. No game is ever perfectly balanced, there will always be "top tier, mid tier, bottom tier" aspects of the game, though there are certainly diversity problems that should be addressed.
have you read any the post crazy burd post hard to tell if trolling or being super srsy some times.

Morello in the past was cry baby when pentdragon rage it was funny with morello just sad.

no one should give damn about the BBB if you want good rating you need to pay mone

Riot balancing just silly over all any time we had some thing that soft/hard counts the meta its gets hit over the head and legs with the nerf bat master suck town to point were its useless or weak over all

Aakesh

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimoar View Post
This looks like someone from the DoTa company screwing with peoples minds and trying to raise moral.

Morello did lose his cool, thats not a good thing, it shows immaturity and shouldn't be accepted, however photo-shop does exist and how can we trust that any of this is credible information. Why do you put riot up on the pedastal like there some kind of god? There human beings like you and me, human beings with emotions, and if you do a rain-check, nobody is perfect, not even Valve.

To rest my Case, OP is clearly trying to deter people from playing League of Legends with other peoples work, not his own, if anything he is the criminal and should be downvoted for not giving proper credit towards the people who had the balls too speak their own mind.
most the people who did speak their own mind got downvote to hell and back by the GD

DaV3GaM3R

02-23-2013

Wow, Morello, you're a real jerk. My friend has a learning disability and I found that very offensive. I will never look at you the same again.