Riot explain yourselves

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tipttt

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunkwugga View Post
Yeah, these characters are exactly the same.
Congratulation for pointing out that they're not by-number copies of each other.

Now, let's look at why they're similar:

Spin web and Rappel: Both make the caster invisible and allow them greater movement over the area of the spell.

Venomous bite: I'm gonna let that one slip. They're spiders, after all.

Skittering frenzy and Insatiable Hunger: Both allow the caster to steal life and give them an attack steroid.

Spiderlings for both: Both have spiderlings they can send on target, albeit using different means of sending, that explode and do damage. And both can have spiderlings following them.

Not to mention both are based off black widows. While that's prety common (and not too original), Riot could have anticipated that reaction and tried to make Elise's abilities and appearance more unique. Making her more like a trapdoor spider, for example, where instead of rappeling, she'd bury herself and get a bonus snare and autocrit on her next attack.

And mostly, Morello should have seen the comparison coming and answer with more maturity.

Vacus

02-23-2013

>sees this utterly retarded thread has upvotes

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipttt View Post
Congratulation for pointing out that they're not by-number copies of each other.

Now, let's look at why they're similar:

Spin web and Rappel: Both make the caster invisible and allow them greater movement over the area of the spell.

Venomous bite: I'm gonna let that one slip. They're spiders, after all.

Skittering frenzy and Insatiable Hunger: Both allow the caster to steal life and give them an attack steroid.

Spiderlings for both: Both have spiderlings they can send on target, albeit using different means of sending, that explode and do damage. And both can have spiderlings following them.

Not to mention both are based off black widows. While that's prety common (and not too original), Riot could have anticipated that reaction and tried to make Elise's abilities and appearance more unique. Making her more like a trapdoor spider, for example, where instead of rappeling, she'd bury herself and get a bonus snare and autocrit on her next attack.

And mostly, Morello should have seen the comparison coming and answer with more maturity.
The web thing and Rappel are different. BM has complete free reign of movement within the web, Rappell is pretty much a blink.

That and BM's spiders don't "explode." She doesn't create Banelings. Also, Elise's Caster mode is pretty much the biggest difference. If she was just a giant spider, you'd have an argument.

Tipttt

02-23-2013

Quote:
The web thing and Rappel are different. BM has complete free reign of movement within the web, Rappell is pretty much a blink.

Did I say otherwise?

Quote:
That and BM's spiders don't "explode." She doesn't create Banelings. Also, Elise's Caster mode is pretty much the biggest difference. If she was just a giant spider, you'd have an argument.
I have one, and you're blatantly ignoring it.

MalanCohesantDee

02-23-2013

My latest game?

"******* im 320 justice review gl on the report"

This Garen was absolutely horrific, from pregame to his incessant harassment throughout the game. Absolutely horrible.

Yet what he says is true. Individual reports have no power. Teams rally around to report one player, even when that player was the most innocent on the team.

Tosin Loads

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacus View Post
>sees this utterly retarded thread has upvotes

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
>sees an utterly retarded person getting mad about a thread having upvotes & wanting to die

I love living on this planet

Ralik098

02-23-2013

Not going to comment on all the Morello/Riot bashing going on in here. All I wanted to say is that S3 is extremely disappointing so far to the point where I am taking a break from the game until issues that I care about are fixed. Sorry Riot, but I really don't think Xypherous is doing a good job with the items.

Murasaki Ryu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

I'm honestly sick of Riot focusing so much on esports. Lol used to have so much more to it than "zomg proscene esports money!!!!!!!!"

tskorahk

02-23-2013

imo riot has done a fine job in making their champs different than dota, cause it took me forever to find one I liked, was Udyr, had a stun and dodge, what else could a dota player ask for.

seeing down votes for saying the spiders are different is just plain stupid. you have what, four abilities, of course one should be poison and another should be a web; the spiderlings is a good third option for any spider.

if Elise were a clone of Brood she'd be banned in every game

Io Reign

02-23-2013

This needs to stay on the front page.