Riot explain yourselves

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MalanCohesantDee

02-23-2013

I support this thread 100%.

Parahawks

02-23-2013

We must keep this thread alive until riot responds.

ultimāte

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunkwugga View Post
"They're both spiders" was the argument for people saying that she was a copy, as well. Both sides were equally stupid. "Lead champion designer," as I said, is more oversight than anything. He's not part of the art team, but he approved of what the other designers were doing.

As I said before, she actually has more in common with Lone Druid than with Broodmother.
When in all reality you have no clue what goes on within Riot so your petty fanboy white knight attempts are just speculation. -1

Tipttt

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunkwugga View Post
"They're both spiders" was the argument for people saying that she was a copy, as well. Both sides were equally stupid. "Lead champion designer," as I said, is more oversight than anything. He's not part of the art team, but he approved of what the other designers were doing.

As I said before, she actually has more in common with Lone Druid than with Broodmother.
No. They compared her skillset and mechanics as well, which are very similar.

He's the lead champion designer, that means he leads the design team. If they copied a champion from Dota without him knowing, he should answer with that. If he did know, he should answer with that.

psdjklgfuiob

02-23-2013

@morello where is you

Prettyfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

I think that picture made me lose brain cells.

Prettyfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipttt View Post

He's the lead champion designer, that means he leads the design team. If they copied a champion from Dota without him knowing, he should answer with that. If he did know, he should answer with that.
They didn't copy a champion from DotA. Their skillsets are NOTHING alike. The Spider Queen in DotA covers an area with webs and then goes invisible within them, and her ****ing Brood is much, much larger than what Elise has now, and the spiders for her are ACTUALLY useful.

FaR2LaTe

02-23-2013

Wow is there seriously still non response from Riot?

HAHA.

Overlord Hades

02-23-2013

the only part of that post that bothered me was morello asking about the mental illness ( i like him so him being rude like that makes me sad ) i would like to see that thread though to see if he was being harassed by that guy from the get go cause i don't see why you would act like that for no reason or if he did id like to see if e at least apologized :/ cause that's just messed up

Shunkwugga

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipttt View Post

First off, a lot of Dota abilities were copied in LoL...but as far as ripping off a character wholecloth, let's look and compare.

Broodmother is a melee Agility hero. First ability, if she kills a target with it she spawns minispiders which can help her. Second ability, spins a large AoE web and in it both she and her spiders are invisible. Third ability, cripple. Ultimate, increased attack speed, attack strength, and a lifesteal affect.

Elise can be either a melee glass cannon or a support caster: Straight line damage attack or lunge to attack.Second ability, explosive spider or her minions (in spider form) get a speed increase. Third ability, stun or port to character and then stun. Fourth ability, change shapes and summon mini spiders in spider form.

Yeah, these characters are exactly the same.