Baron Should be Feared

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApotheosisCM

02-22-2013

Baron Nashor is a big, scary, worm thing with lots of eyes and poison. He is terrifying.
Fiddlesticks is a scarecrow that sometimes likes to dress up like a birthday cake.
We are all running away scared from the scarecrow, but laugh at the giant death worm?

I propose a change. Baron's knock-up could be changed into a fear. A fear of the same duration as the knock-up will accomplish the same thing, but make more sense.

It's not a large, or groundbreaking, change but it will add a little bit of scariness to the big scary monster.

LogicalTautology

02-23-2013

The reason for the knock-up is actually because it affects Wards. Otherwise I could place a Ward right in the middle of Baron's sprite location right before it spawns, Then our team would have vision for the first 3 minutes of Baron without your team being able to remove it ever. So instead, every few seconds Baron knocks back all champions and Wards near it, to allow you to clear out said Ward.

JarzZo

02-23-2013

I didn't actually know that Logical. Top job!

ApotheosisCM

02-23-2013

Baron could just eat tasty wards and traps when he spawns, rather than knocking them away. This would add to how menacing the giant worm is,

LogicalTautology

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApotheosisCM View Post
Baron could just eat tasty wards and traps when he spawns, rather than knocking them away. This would add to how menacing the giant worm is,
No. Baron eating Wards off the map would have a significant gameplay effect. The revolving game of warding Baron is what decides many games.

MicKretz

02-23-2013

yup i didnt know this either....great job guys, i love when i learn something new on the forums :0

TheMisterAce

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
No. Baron eating Wards off the map would have a significant gameplay effect. The revolving game of warding Baron is what decides many games.
It would make the fight for warding the front of Baron all the more fierce

ApotheosisCM

02-23-2013

Quote:
I didn't say it in a way that would make it affect gameplay. Baron only knocks around wards that are right under him. If you don't put wards underneath him and just put them elsewhere in the pit it doesn't matter. No one puts wards underneath Baron right now because they would just get knocked away. If they got eaten for being directly underneath him, it would make no difference in the warding game.

LogicalTautology

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApotheosisCM View Post
I didn't say it in a way that would make it affect gameplay. Baron only knocks around wards that are right under him. If you don't put wards underneath him and just put them elsewhere in the pit it doesn't matter. No one puts wards underneath Baron right now because they would just get knocked away. If they got eaten for being directly underneath him, it would make no difference in the warding game.
Unless you are trying to place a ward and accidentally place it under where he will spawn.

ApotheosisCM

02-23-2013

Quote:
Unless you are trying to place a ward and accidentally place it under where he will spawn.
That happens so little that it won't make a realistic affect on gameplay.

No one reply to this thread please, I'm just gonna let it die.