I have nowhere else to go. Sorry folks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kibidiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

There is no TL;DR for this stop reading if you don't want to read my sap complain / rant story you are wasting your time I just needed a medium to express my feelings and today it was the league forums

I am tired its late out and I am wondering what kind of people log onto the forums at this time of night. I have no one to talk to because I am alone so I look to the LoL community for solace. I have this funny feeling its going to end badly. Especially because it is kind of personal.

Here is the general thing, I have a girl friend. Obviously I fancy her a good person or I wouldn't be with her. We get along mostly but there is this one thing that she always starts fights about and tonight it got the best of me. I did not say anything particularly rude to her and I know this might lack some context but if I tried to explain all this I would be writing a novel.
(I should mention we have been dating for something like 6 years now)
Before you guys ask I do love her but sometimes needs and wants are two very different thing.

Okay to the meat of the problem,

Today she basically told me, I play video games therefore I am immature. Maybe I am but who cares. She then told me that she used to make fun of "those people" in high school with her friends all the time. She then called me one of "those people" and that she hoped I would soon grow up.

I asked her why it was I would support her and ask her to be safe when she goes to do things that I do not like but she cannot support me when I try to have a social party playing D&D or League, or Halo, or whatever tickles my fancy. She tells me after a brief pause,
"Because 2 year old's do that and I don't want to be with a 2 year old" now this is usually where I start to flip the mother ****ing hell out but today I decided to keep my cool and try to reason.

Alas it ended with her telling me that I never do anything for her. Ive paid her speeding tickets, cooked dinners, been there when family has died, brought her to the movies, out for drinks, put up with her talking to her dumbass ex for the first two years even though I really didn't want it. And most of all (she doesn't know this one yet) but I recently purchased an engagement ring for her... It was certainly expensive and it took me a long as time to save for it. Especially because I was mostly working in fast food. I recently got a job as an electrical apprentice and wanted to celebrate with her but now I am doubting that she really loves me for who I am. And she hates what I do and refused to support or at least respect my own hobbies.

I want to know if you guys think I should take the ring back and just move on?
Hang onto the ring and wait?
Break off and save the ring for the right girl?
Bring it back and try to work things out?

I am confused.

Sorry if I bored anyone but I warned you at the top its real life relationship stuff. I know I am probably bothering some of you. It was not my intention. Sincerest apologies to those who feel I am wasting my breath but at the very least typing this has helped me sort out how I feel.

Chúgs

02-22-2013

I stopped reading at "stop reading"

Brinzy

02-22-2013

If she's been with you for six years and she still calls you childish for enjoying video games, which is just as productive as hobbies that pretty much everyone else has, she's going to still be miserable in the future.

Trust me, I've been there. So glad I dumped her after four years, because I found a better person and I'm happily married and can play League at any hour of the day while I support my family.

Waffletimewarp

02-22-2013

Leave her ass, she's not worth the heartache. Seriously, it's going to hurt, and hurt A LOT, but you'll be better for it overall. You'll find someone who loves you for you, hobbies and all. Besides, it sounds like she's taken advantage of you a lot over the years.

Kaizerpeaches

02-22-2013

Let her know this is seriously bothering you. If she can't give you another answer other than she thinks you were a dork in high school, then you might want to jump ship.

However if she can be honest and come up with something like, "You spend too much time on League" or something, maybe its time to get your priorities in order.

Creatinefiend

02-22-2013

If she can't except you for you, she never will bud. It sucks i know and you will end up doing what you want, but you both will be toxic to each other in the long run. You have different wants and needs and relationships end up ending badly with lies.

Take a break invest in your hobbies do something you have always wanted to do, but better yet.... dump her.

Ashelotte

02-22-2013

As long as you're not playing games so much that you're neglecting spending time with her or basically making her feel ignored, then she should be able to respect your hobbies. Like someone else said you should talk to her about it.
If she's just acting immature about it and thinks your hobby is childish then that's a bit of an issue and not really accepting and understanding of her especially if you say you're accepting of her hobbies even though you don't really like them.

Kibidiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Thank you for all the helpful support and comments everyone. I wasn't really sure what to expect but it turned out better than I thought it would. I guess I under estimated the community. Also she lives a good two hour drive from me at the moment and when she does come over I dedicate my time to her. She is currently in school, that I am helping to pay for. :/

NA Terrorist

02-22-2013

In the poker game of life, women are the FUKN RAKE. They the FUKN RAKE! I would slap the poop out of her, and kick her to the curb if she talked to me like that...

Kojolika

02-22-2013

Show her this post.