Champs IRL: J!NX T-Shirt Design Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

ahmg! I can deffinitely do this one! I take it we can still enter more than once?
A due date is implied here(march 22nd), but there's not a set due date mentioned.

It would be cool to see a sample submission like the last contest had. Looking forward to seeing the winners for this one.

a9s8fuyasdiofj09

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
ahmg! I can deffinitely do this one! I take it we can still enter more than once?
When you say 900 by 533, do you mean it has to fit on the psd with the thumbnail on the tiny shirts on the side and the big picture in the large empty space, or that you want us to submit it separately from the template?
Cuz the template itself is the size of the larger image you want.
Also, a due date is implied here(march 22nd), but there's not a set due date mentioned.

It would be cool to see a sample submission like the last contest had. Looking forward to seeing the winners for this one.
You going to send the ART file only. the template is just to check how good your art would look like "printed" in different T-shirt colors. That's why they ask you to send in the one in 72dpi and you gotta have one version of your art in 300dpi in case you win so they can use the higher res version for printing.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by a9s8fuyasdiofj09 View Post
You going to send the ART file only. the template is just to check how good your art would look like "printed" in different T-shirt colors. That's why they ask you to send in the one in 72dpi and you gotta have one version of your art in 300dpi in case you win so they can use the higher res version for printing.
Ohhhh. Thank you sir or madame.

I'll just edit that question out of my post now.

SteelFangs

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForPortal View Post
In the future, could you ensure the submission kit is not exclusively in *.psd format? Not everyone uses Photoshop.
I agree. Not everyone uses Photoshop.

I would love to enter but with it being a PSD file you are only restricted to Photoshop. :/

Littlest Cat

02-22-2013

"We need you submit by 11:59 PM PST on March 21."

SweetTastOfBlood

02-22-2013

You guys do realize that these prizes are not much... J!nx Would be profiting majorly in over thousands of dollars , while your final payment would be about 300$. think about it ...make your own shirt and sell them for a continuous profit of money , or sell your design to a company who will barely compensate for the mass amount of money they're going to be receiving over the next years...

Solari Brigadier

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFangs View Post
I agree. Not everyone uses Photoshop.

I would love to enter but with it being a PSD file you are only restricted to Photoshop. :/
The GIMP has .PSD files listed under file formats it supports (on the Features tab). I've been using this program for years and I've never had a problem with PSD files since the 2.4 release.

Upgrayedd Grush

02-22-2013

inb4 sunbathing leona wins the contest lol

john

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsongg View Post
Grand Prize = Joke

Design something that will bring in tons of revenue for Riot and you get some hoodies and **** we don't care about.
OH NO IT'S A SCAM

oh wait nvm, it's a completely voluntary contest which riot is being completely honest about

jesus fkn christ people.

Cruscian

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTastOfBlood View Post
You guys do realize that these prizes are not much... J!nx Would be profiting majorly in over thousands of dollars , while your final payment would be about 300$. think about it ...make your own shirt and sell them for a continuous profit of money , or sell your design to a company who will barely compensate for the mass amount of money they're going to be receiving over the next years...
Coming from a freelance graphic designer, $300 isn't a bad turnout for a project like this. At a generous rate of $20-$25 per hour for a budding artist, you can easily make a design in 12-15 hours making the $300 in prizes well worth your time, not to mention the public exposure of your art (something far more valuable than 300 bucks). and btw, you can't just make your own League/Game graphic design and sell it, its not your property, and it's quite illegal. You sir, don't seem to know much about copyright laws, nor about what is worth an artists time.