Suggestion for a new pick order system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaltLongmire

02-22-2013

I have a suggestion for Riot to address the needs of players in the new League system.

Because people comment on these type of posts that you should log your games to have a complete idea of what is happening, I have logged the last 50 of my games under the new system. Based on my analysis, I feel that you can advance out of the tier you are in if you are skilled and play top or mid exclusively. Adc's have a somewhat reduced chance, but still can advance. Junglers have a much lesser chance to advance and supports have virtually NO chance to advance.

Under the current system, it seems that once you get above 80 LP, you win 5 points or less per win, as opposed to potentially losing 20 or more in a loss. That means that once you get above 80 LP, you need to win 4 games to offset a single loss. Couple that with the fact that I get far fewer LP as a support or jungler than I do as a top or mid under the same LP circumstances.

In the course of my analysis, I discovered that the closer I got to 100 LP, the more likely that I would be last or second-to last pick. That doesn't make much sense because it is supposedly based on a newer form of elo ranking. However, when I looked at the players I faced in those games, I discovered that some of them were in much higher tiers than I am (Bronze V). In some cases, my opponents were Silvers.

When I get close to a promotion series, I feel that I deserve a chance to make or break my own destiny, but I seem to end up soloing bot as Taric or Sona. Yes, they are wonderful team Champions and fun to play, but try to kill the creeps and take the turret down by yourself.

Therefore, I propose that they base the pick order by current LP of the team members. Theoretically the members with the most LP are the most motivated to win. Let them pick first. Let them see if they can actually carry a team and themselves out of League Hell...

CaspaLegend

02-22-2013

No one should play exclusively one position. I have found I win more when I am flexible during the champion selection. There are always gonna be cases where a teammate will throw the game for you by feed the other team, but that's part of the game unfortunately. Let your less skilled teammates play where they are most comfortable, to help minimize the chances of them feeding the enemy. Best thing you can do is fill, and pay attention to your own score.

ROKAF JE

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltLongmire View Post
Adc's have a somewhat reduced chance, but still can advance. Junglers have a much lesser chance to advance and supports have virtually NO chance to advance.
That is a minuscule sample size, and the bold part is horribly incorrect.

If you're good enough, you can hit Diamond from Bronze playing support only (same goes for jungler)

50 games in Bronze 5 will tell you literally nothing.

WaltLongmire

02-22-2013

Odd...I look up ROKAF JE and see no games. I wouldn't mind seeing who YOU play as and your stats if you are going to criticize my analysis...

angryWelchMan

02-22-2013

Look me up then. I started in bronze two and in 53 games (playing mostly support and second most adc) and am in my series to get to silver. I had received the minimum of 15 LP for win with normally 23ish. there has been no real pattern to my pick order. Also I haven't noticed any difference between bad players for or against me. and virtually no afkers.

So I think your exaggerating the problem

Ramachese

02-22-2013

First, you do know that only the top pick indicates relative MMR don't you? The other four positions are random in order and do not reflect MMR scores.

Second, many people advance purely on support or jungle. Your claims really have no actual data to back them up as far as I can see. In fact, if you are going to make claims like what you did you really should publish the data to back it up.

And what the bleep does taking a turret or creeps with Sona or Taric have to do with anything? That is not their job (though I've solo'd turrets with both in the past) so why even bring it up?

ViViD Furian

02-22-2013

IMHO Jungler is the most likely to advance. My win% as jungle is probably 15-20 % higher than any other position.

WaltLongmire

02-22-2013

Lol, I didn't do a final edit. The part about soloing with a support was meant to include statements about choosing to play support and the adc goes afk or is pretty unskilled.

My larger point that everyone seems to be missing is that you need to win way too many games to advance. Especially if you are a better player than your elo indicates. What is happening to me is that I am being "crimped". Their system isn't letting me advance because it doesn't think my elo is high enough to compete in bronze IV, no matter how many games I win in a row.

Yesterday, I had a stretch of games where I went 14-2 and never got above 93 LP. That isn't very fair. Sure, if I think I belong in bronze IV, I should be able to win many more games than I lose, but 14-2 not good enough for a promotion series? Does this mean that if you are about to drop OUT of a tier that Riot thinks you belong in, you will begin to lose less points than if you were at the top in LP?

ROKAF JE

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltLongmire View Post
Odd...I look up ROKAF JE and see no games. I wouldn't mind seeing who YOU play as and your stats if you are going to criticize my analysis...
2.98 kda
32-18 w/l s3
halfway through gold

went from 700 bronze s2 to gold, mostly jungle and support, now maining support.

WaltLongmire

02-23-2013

You are not on Lolking, dude...