Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does Vi consider Jayce a rival or role model?

Rival 84 66.67%
Role Model 42 33.33%
Voters 126 .

Vi and Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LastTestament

02-24-2013

I can see Joyce and vi being romantic rivals for caitlyn. But then again I think Quinn x jarvan is lore forced and makes little sense.

Psychromaniac

03-03-2013

Quote:
Harrow:
They could talk hextech in the future for sure, they just have different approaches to it. Vi's more like the hands-on, learn-from-experience mechanic, while Jayce has been through a more rigorous academic education.

So...Vi's more of an engineer, while Jayce is more of a scientist?

Axiom Prime

03-06-2013

Quote:
Harrow:
What I was trying to get at - and sorry if this wasn't clear - is that Vi makes first impressions of people pretty quickly. Jayce is this big, famous figure in Piltover, mostly for cutting-edge science and an act of heroism. That's the sort of thing Vi would scoff at immediately. As she spent more time around him, she might soften on him...and one thing that might lead to that is their mutual antagonism of Caitlyn.

They could talk hextech in the future for sure, they just have different approaches to it. Vi's more like the hands-on, learn-from-experience mechanic, while Jayce has been through a more rigorous academic education.

I'd actually really like to see a Full Metal Vi skin, and maybe more expansion on the relationship of Vi and Jayce. I mean honestly if there was anyone that could help her improve those Gloves of hers, it would be Jayce. And that's a perfect lore opening for some type of relationship between the two, Vi and Cait finally meet their match in the Notorious "C", get beat down, Jayce comes to the rescue and while Vi is unconcious he takes apart her gloves and begins repairing them. Marveling at the handiwork of the young girl, he gains an appreciation for her, she wakes up and is initially pissed about him screwing with her gloves. Until she tries them back on finds them 10x more comfortable and lightweight and their power output tripled she feels gratitude but has a hard time expressing it.

After more experiences with Jayce she begins to fall for him, and they put together to make her Full Metal Suit, increasing her offensive and defensive powers 10 fold so when Cait and Vi finally meet "C" again she'll have little to no trouble in apprehending her.

MrJayGoBOOM

03-06-2013

I actually didn't vote, I just feel like neither option was a good enough summation of their relationship, especially since the original poster only cited their in-game interaction which I feel is a bit of a small bit of evidence to automatically assume a relationship. Remember theoretically Piltover is a booming city and Vi could have heard of Jayce without even ever meeting him. Not to mention she could watch him in the League which is where she would pick up on his "Power Slam" catch phrase. Clearly the AMA reveals more, but I feel there may be reading too far into something that could be more simply explained. Remember guys Occam's Razor, a big part of Scientific methodology. If you wish to be a true Piltovians we must not forget the foundation of which our grand city is built upon. But in any case, glad to see some fellow Piltovians here.

FOR PILTOVER! FOR PROGRESS!

Axiom Prime

03-06-2013

Quote:
MrJayGoBOOM:
I actually didn't vote, I just feel like neither option was a good enough summation of their relationship, especially since the original poster only cited their in-game interaction which I feel is a bit of a small bit of evidence to automatically assume a relationship. Remember theoretically Piltover is a booming city and Vi could have heard of Jayce without even ever meeting him. Not to mention she could watch him in the League which is where she would pick up on his "Power Slam" catch phrase. Clearly the AMA reveals more, but I feel there may be reading too far into something that could be more simply explained. Remember guys Occam's Razor, a big part of Scientific methodology. If you wish to be a true Piltovians we must not forget the foundation of which our grand city is built upon. But in any case, glad to see some fellow Piltovians here.

I finally got to Ult a Jayce as Vi Jungle last night...hearing her shout "POWER SLAM" was the most rewarding feeling the world.

MrJayGoBOOM

03-06-2013

Quote:
Axiom Prime:
I finally got to Ult a Jayce as Vi Jungle last night...hearing her shout "POWER SLAM" was the most rewarding feeling the world.

Indeed. I love all of the Piltovian Champions. I really do. How they look, how they play, and mostly what they stand for. Piltover. Ah. Just so amazing. Just remember everyone (And I know I say it alot, but god damnit it needs to be said):